A tale of two centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of two centres

Manu and Momo. One is without doubt the best centre in both attack and defence, one is not fit to tie the other's bootlaces. The Beast and the Turnstyle.

Kotoni Staggs' front door mat has your name it. Hopefully never picked to play for us again.

Comment

• Big Dog
      Big Dog commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
      I love it, miss 1 tackle & your never to play FG again.
      Nice goal by Momo.
      Spoke too soon ****nuckle. Sends Toops into touch when we're in good field postion, misses Staggs yet again and they score. Give yourself an uppercut.

• The Lip
      The Lip commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
      I love it, miss 1 tackle & your never to play FG again.
      Nice goal by Momo.
      He's missed 10 what game you watching or are you watching a recording and only 3 minutes into it?

• A Country Member
      A Country Member commented
      Editing a comment
      Sam Walker can kick

*Lil JoJo joins the game...

Comment

Momo with 9 missed tackles, no one else missed more than 3.....completely clowned by Staggs.

Comment

The media went to town on Staggs after last weekends games, so not surprised to see him lift this week, poor momo was his rag doll. He'll get over it. If he just would try and tackle the legs he'd do better.

Comment

Yeah,i thought momo was a better defender than that. he has to eliminate that jersey grab and start tackling low and hard, having said that staggs was given far too much room to move tonight, you need to slide and crowd him which the cover didn't.give him the benefit of the doubt staggs had a blinder

Comment

I think it's a little harsh on Paul Momirovski. Tonight no doubt he had an absolute shocker but realistically he's been solid for us thus far.

Hopefully tonight is a wake up call and lights a spark under him. Happy to see him next round again.

I'm still concerned about Kevin Naiqama and his situational awareness. Joseph Suaalii needs to get a crack otherwise throw Momirovski on the right wing and put Adam Keighran at left centre if Suaalii is still not ready.

Manu was the stand out tonight in our backline and Toops is just solid and reliable as always but bloody hell we looked slow and weak in comparison to the Broncos backs ... you can have an X factor outside back like Manu all day everyday in your side but in the current competition you need to have a combination of speed, size, power, skill, natural talent and just a bit of ruthless aggression. We just don't have that and it's honestly a "two man show" in our backine at the moment ... Manu and Toops

Comment

Even the best in any sport have their off days - I am sure he will bounce back from this - lucky a few on here are not the coach as it would be a different team each week - only 4 reserves which would limit their ability to hook players from the game.
              Last edited by King Salvo; 04-09-2022, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                I think it's a little harsh on Paul Momirovski. Tonight no doubt he had an absolute shocker but realistically he's been solid for us thus far.

Hopefully tonight is a wake up call and lights a spark under him. Happy to see him next round again.

I'm still concerned about Kevin Naiqama and his situational awareness. Joseph Suaalii needs to get a crack otherwise throw Momirovski on the right wing and put Adam Keighran at left centre if Suaalii is still not ready.

Manu was the stand out tonight in our backline and Toops is just solid and reliable as always but bloody hell we looked slow and weak in comparison to the Broncos backs ... you can have an X factor outside back like Manu all day everyday in your side but in the current competition you need to have a combination of speed, size, power, skill, natural talent and just a bit of ruthless aggression. We just don't have that and it's honestly a "two man show" in our backine at the moment ... Manu and Toops
                Fair assessment esp after tonight. However I have to respectfully disagree with you regarding AK over Momo. Staggs showed up Momo tonight. No doubt about that. But Staggs played the best game of his career (hasn't done much else this season) and Momo the worst. I don't think AK would have stopped Staggs tonight either.

Joesph Suaalii in for Naiqama is the change I'll be hoping for. Imagine the damage a JS/Manu combo will cause down that right side

Comment

Momo is usually a very solid defender. Was disappointing last night. He will bounce back next week.

Hopefully the rain stops and I can get to North Sydney Oval today to see how Sualli is going.

Comment

Momo will be having like Freddy Kruger dreams all year.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      Momo is usually a very solid defender. Was disappointing last night. He will bounce back next week.

Hopefully the rain stops and I can get to North Sydney Oval today to see how Sualli is going.
                      I can understand a couple of misses against Staggs, he's a gun. But nine? For a player brought back for his defensive qualities? He seems to get beaten on his outside a bit. A cardinal sin for a centre

If he was a gun goalkicker like Ivan Cleary was for us in the centres you'd cop it. At present he's offering very little value.

His lack of oomph with ball in hand that is just as alarming.

I hope he does turn it around, he seems like a decent guy.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Also showed no intensity or pace to chase when beaten on the outside late in the game. Had a game equal to julian bailey at his best!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I would have been there for sure today mate, but been crook all week (not the big C). Not televised unfortunately. Bears undefeated so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                            Kotoni Staggs' front door mat has your name it. Hopefully never picked to play for us again.
                            Robbo doesn’t share your assessment & neither do I.

Comment

Working...
                            X