No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Verrels had a pretty good 1st up hitout, a sigh of relief when Hutch got sidelined, Naguama had his best game for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

hence why i said its his first game and im not calling for him to be dropped. just an observation.
      You have said Watson ahead of Verrills. This would mean Verrills out of the team or benched. You are being critical of Sam’s performance quite clearly and you are suggesting he be dropped. Don’t try sugar coat it. Fair enough I respect your opinion but I’d rather you say Watson over Verrills only once Verrills has played a few games and gotten match fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post
        ...and please no more hutchoturtle
        It's got to be Vez 9, Connor 14, Lam first dibs and Hutch back to Bears...for me. Luv Drewwy but he offers SFA.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
          I attended the game, this game was always going to be weird with a rookie ref and match officials. Likely 15 minutes of stoppages. I love Easts but they are so unconvincing at present as is Robbo.
          I don’t think Robbo has ever been unconvincing. Chill people we’re winning games. I’d rather be us than parramatta

Comment

• Originally posted by takethe 2 View Post
            King Salvo I think if you watch the 2002 game it was 8-6 at half time. Stacey Jones scored before the break.
            No.

Comment

• That was alright , Kev Nag had his best hit out , Sammy got his Goal-dar operating , and just as an aside , I’d have fenouia (?) Blake over Haas any time

Comment

• Frustrating game to watch and for the players I suspect. Incredible amount of delays and stoppages for 'wounded' warriors and at scrums. No real flow or continuity to connect with.

We are still feeling our way, as Robbo said to expect.

When Kez and Teddy find their mojo we will start to look better.

Suaalii very strong with his carries, a small highlight.

But hey, we won!

Comment

• Originally posted by Recky62 View Post
                  That was alright , Kev Nag had his best hit out , Sammy got his Goal-dar operating , and just as an aside , I’d have fenouia (?) Blake over Haas any time
                  That first half run was embarrassing....swatted three of our good forwards like houseflys.

Comment

• Winning when clunky is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He's solid but no Trbo / Pap right now IMO (on form).

Right now it feels like Toops / Manu / Suaalii are bashing their way down the middle while Teddy crabs across field, hoping to find a gratuitous linebreak.

It's as though the physical effort's there but we're lacking patience, field position and creativity.

I know it isn't a substitute for a decent gameplan but I feel like we're missing 1 or 2 big moments from Teddy/Keary/Walker.
                      I wonder if his super human efforts over the last 4 years might have taken a toll? Could it be that he's coming down the other side of the mountain, now? We might have seen the best of him.

On the other hand, his below par form might simply be a side-effect of the new spine, just as it was for half of 2018, while he was getting used to Keary and Cronk.

Hopefully the media might start pushing for Puffinstuff as NSW fullback, and Teddy will respond in kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Momentum. Video ref said he was looking for evidence he slid. He did slide.

The call was shit. Just like the Sitili "ball off forearm" for the 20 m restart. He looked a hundred times for a touch, couldn't find one but ruled he did anyway.

The onfield ref was shit too. Worst, most biased examples: the penalty against Naiqama for a slow play the ball with 16 mins to go. Fark me Rhonda that was stinky - and led to a Warriors try; and the set restart against Joey for his legs tackle in the last minute.

He was a biased POS, just like the Fox commentators. Who was the houso sideline commentator saying "well here's the reason why Todd Payten raised the very good point that better sides get the rub of the green more often, roosters have had all the calls today".
                        Sorry but you’re wrong. The arm carrying the ball hits the ground at his side. He promotes the ball to over his head.

That’s a clear double movement. Again, ask yourself if you’d be happy for that to be a try against us. I think not.

Blaming the ref is starting to become a very tired argument here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post

I wonder if his super human efforts over the last 4 years might have taken a toll? Could it be that he's coming down the other side of the mountain, now? We might have seen the best of him.

On the other hand, his below par form might simply be a side-effect of the new spine, just as it was for half of 2018, while he was getting used to Keary and Cronk.

Hopefully the media might start pushing for Puffinstuff as NSW fullback, and Teddy will respond in kind.
                          Worst signing ever??

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                            COLLINS!!!

Ref right away: [peep peep peeep peep] 'haaaang on... check 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5!!! If that fails then play it as SLOWLY as possible and check for a double movement on the most dubious reading of the rules possible... arm can't promote it'.

Apparently you can no longer extend your elbow while pushing yourself over the line. Is that REALLY the rule ref? REALLY...?

Sack this ref to U13's. Incompetent!
                            It's a double movement.....
                            Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Recky62 View Post
                              That was alright , Kev Nag had his best hit out , Sammy got his Goal-dar operating , and just as an aside , I’d have fenouia (?) Blake over Haas any time
                              he’s an epic knob but

Comment

• You have to be able to win ugly and that’s what we’re doing atm. Happy to take the 2 points any way we can.

We can only play as good as the opposition lets us. The last 2 games both Broncos and Warriors have turned up to play, as will most teams when they play us. We have been the benchmark for quite a few years so they all lift a cog when playing us.

I’d be much happier to be winning pretty in September.

Comment

Working...
                                X