No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray, the second prettiest Rooster has become the best goal-kicking Rooster.

2 points is 2 points, but we need to find a form of attack. What we currently have relies too much on luck, rather than tactic.

To those praising Blocker's commentary "he's already run 60 metres already". He is an idiot. He says what he thinks, but the problem is his lack of ability to think.

The top sides will tear us apart unless we improve. Credit though to the defence of the opposition today.

The answer to your question is; Super-Toups, the James Bond of the NRL.

Go Easts!

Comment

• In my opinion, today was a woeful performance especially in attack. We may as well have kept Pearce if our only threat is the high ball. We simply can’t score tries. I don’t think we can make the top 8 this year. Teddy is not in good form, is overplaying his hand and hogging the ball way too much. I think this and the next couple of years will be rebuilding the team. We’ve lost legendary players who are irreplaceable.
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
        In my opinion, today was a woeful performance especially in attack. We may as well have kept Pearce if our only threat is the high ball. We simply can’t score tries. I don’t think we can make the top 8 this year. Teddy is not in good form, is overplaying his hand and hogging the ball way too much. I think this and the next couple of years will be rebuilding the team. We’ve lost legendary players who are irreplaceable.
        I hope you're wrong.

Klunky but got the win. That's good.

Comment

• Another tough game to watch with both sides producing uninspiring footy in perfect conditions.
          We just look so clunky in our backline movements and never give Joey early ball and space to go one on one with his opposite.
          I thought Suaalii was good coming out of our end which is what we have needed besides Toups all year.
          I still think we look better when Walker is on the ball rather than Keary who is down on confidence at the moment.
          Our lack of depth on our kicking game really hurts us both in general play and even kick offs.
          I know we scored a try off a scrum today but I can't understand why we set it on one edge of the field when a centre field scrum as other teams use is the perfect place to attack and create space.
          Take the 2 points and move on but we are a mile off the better teams at present.

Comment

• Originally posted by easts4eva View Post

And a kicking coach.
            Surely he's been working with one for a while.
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              COLLINS!!!

Ref right away: [peep peep peeep peep] 'haaaang on... check 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5!!! If that fails then play it as SLOWLY as possible and check for a double movement on the most dubious reading of the rules possible... arm can't promote it'.

Apparently you can no longer extend your elbow while pushing yourself over the line. Is that REALLY the rule ref? REALLY...?

Sack this ref to U13's. Incompetent!
              Nah, pretty sure it was a double movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by takethe 2 View Post
                King Salvo I think if you watch the 2002 game it was 8-6 at half time. Stacey Jones scored before the break.
                No, Jones scored early in the 2nd half to make it 8-6. I remember it very well as I had been waiting 25 years to see us win a premiership for the first time.

Comment

• Time for Robbo to swallow his pride and put Keary where he has been excellent the last few seasons. On the left.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
                    Hooray, the second prettiest Rooster has become the best goal-kicking Rooster.

2 points is 2 points, but we need to find a form of attack. What we currently have relies too much on luck, rather than tactic.

To those praising Blocker's commentary "he's already run 60 metres already". He is an idiot. He says what he thinks, but the problem is his lack of ability to think.

The top sides will tear us apart unless we improve. Credit though to the defence of the opposition today.

The answer to your question is; Super-Toups, the James Bond of the NRL.

Go Easts!
                    I didn’t read anyone praising his commentary but what I said is that he is the most impartial of the TV commentators this year.

And while he gets caught up in the excitement of the moment, it makes good entertainment value.

Comment

• Once again our attack was too side to side. We are becoming over reliant on Walker. It’s pretty clear Teddy is carrying a few extra pounds and has lost some of fis acceleration and agility. Pretty poor performance all Armand it was lucky we were playing the Warriors and not the Panthers or Storm.

Comment

• pleasing performance. can't expect the attack to be firing on all cylinders at this stage but we have enough class to score points and will get better. the defence was good apart from their first try and a slip on the second. sam walker's goalkicking was excellent.

Comment

• Defended stoutly. I'll take the win!

Comment

• We will take the 2 points, pretty average performance, we will get a lot better than that whats really pleasing is how young walkers goalkicking has improved

Comment

• Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post

I didn’t read anyone praising his commentary but what I said is that he is the most impartial of the TV commentators this year.

And while he gets caught up in the excitement of the moment, it makes good entertainment value.
                              You are correct, I'm sorry. He was very partial though. He was death-riding us for the entire second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                                Surely he's been working with one for a while.
                                He just seems more composed and methodical, gets over the ball.But you've gotta admit it been a huge turnaround.

Comment

Working...
                                X