No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We look cluncky as fark. Our backline shifts seem to lack any cohesion whatsoever and I dont entirely buy all the 'excuses'
    Sharks have looked sharp as fark and troubled the fark out of Melbourne for a large part of the game the other night. They have a new 7, who plays a completely different style of play than any half they have had recently and they look and flow pretty bloody good
    Long season and I hope we develop into the side Robbo is aiming.for

Comment

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
      We look cluncky as fark. Our backline shifts seem to lack any cohesion whatsoever and I dont entirely buy all the 'excuses'
      Sharks have looked sharp as fark and troubled the fark out of Melbourne for a large part of the game the other night. They have a new 7, who plays a completely different style of play than any half they have had recently and they look and flow pretty bloody good
      Long season and I hope we develop into the side Robbo is aiming.for
      Hynes isn’t actually playing all that different to the way Johnson was playing at halfback to finish 2021. John Morris doesn’t get a lot of credit but he did a great job with the Sharks last year given their injury woes and moved them a way from a double pivot halves combo where Townsend kind of used to assume the role of a traditional halfback but pretty much only ever played on one side of the field.

Sharks are in their honeymoon period, I get the Fitzgibbon love I’m on that bandwagon I think it’s bittersweet that we’ll likely never see him coach our club but we can’t concern ourselves with what the Sharks are doing. They’re on a different journey to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Keary was always so damaging on the left. In his six games on the right so far this year I don’t recall a try assist that wasn’t from a kick. While Walker has been going great on the right, I think unlike Keary, he could play either side well.

I can’t see the change happening though, especially after Robbo commented so publicly that Keary was a seven now. He’d look a bit silly by moving Keary back to six. I have no doubt if he thought it was best for the team he’d do it.

It’s just my opinion as a fan that Keary should be playing on the side where he won 3 premierships and where he seems to play his best footy.
        He had 7 try assists in 3 games playing the same position last year before he did his ACL.

Here, watch this pack of highlights from last year to refresh your memory..
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5nDijRYnIE

Keary will be fine, Robinson isn’t going to get caught up in his pride, but as he said we’re probably not going to see Keary running the ball like we used to for a few more weeks as he continues to focus on developing his organisational duties. In the mean time Sam Walker can just continue to play with the freedom of not having to worry about steering the side around the park. It has more to do with the roles that they are playing than which side of the field they are playing on..

Comment

• Glad to see Fletcher Baker come up with some big moments

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Hynes isn’t actually playing all that different to the way Johnson was playing at halfback to finish 2021. John Morris doesn’t get a lot of credit but he did a great job with the Sharks last year given their injury woes and moved them a way from a double pivot halves combo where Townsend kind of used to assume the role of a traditional halfback but pretty much only ever played on one side of the field.

Sharks are in their honeymoon period, I get the Fitzgibbon love I’m on that bandwagon I think it’s bittersweet that we’ll likely never see him coach our club but we can’t concern ourselves with what the Sharks are doing. They’re on a different journey to us.
            jeez r6...your footy knowledge is pretty mad

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Keary was always so damaging on the left. In his six games on the right so far this year I don’t recall a try assist that wasn’t from a kick. While Walker has been going great on the right, I think unlike Keary, he could play either side well.

I can’t see the change happening though, especially after Robbo commented so publicly that Keary was a seven now. He’d look a bit silly by moving Keary back to six. I have no doubt if he thought it was best for the team he’d do it.

It’s just my opinion as a fan that Keary should be playing on the side where he won 3 premierships and where he seems to play his best footy.
              It will take time as you have two halves playing in basically not their fist choice position - Keary is a 5/8 and Walker is a 1/2.

Obviously the coaching staff don't think that Walker at this stage of his career is ready to run the team at 1/2 so Keary is playing there instead.

Walker has less pressure on him at 5/8 and can pick and choose his involvement in games.

Same as young fullbacks that come into NRL they usually play them on the wing until they are ready for the Fullback role.

Comment

• What's with the red, white and blue stripes on the Roosters HQ building...now being...pink, white and blue?
                Recognising the women's game is one thing...changing our club's colours like that is quite another.
                Guess our jersey will now be changed to pink white and blue too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

R6, John Morris didn't get a lot of credit as he pretty much didn't coach them last year, Josh Hannay did !!

Also, Johnson wasn't playing half to finish 2021, he missed the last 6 weeks

Guessing you didn't watch the Sharks much last year

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                    Glad to see Fletcher Baker come up with some big moments
                    Two weeks in a row he’s had some big plays. He’s growing on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

R6, John Morris didn't get a lot of credit as he pretty much didn't coach them last year, Josh Hannay did !!

Also, Johnson wasn't playing half to finish 2021, he missed the last 6 weeks

Guessing you didn't watch the Sharks much last year
                      Sorry I meant to say Hannay, I even called him Morris yesterday when he was on the big screen as I didn't realise he had stayed with the club.

Yes Johnson missed the last month or so of footy but had an run there when they changed tact mid way through the season and then they continued to play with unstructured halves with Metcalf, Moylan, Tracey and Trindall all rotating.

That's not to take anything away from Hynes admittedly pre-season I didn't know how he was going to go as a halfback. But they certainly still weren't playing the same Sharks structure of yesteryear where Townsend and Robson were playing as pretty much pure organisers in a double pivot that relied on the 5/8 for all their creativity.

Comment

• Dear Sam Verills, please stay fit for the entire season. His out in front pass is beautiful.

Plus he can run, hopefully Watson isnt too far off.

Loving the look of big Joe. I'm not expert in what position he should play but having Tupou mk 2 on the other wing is exciting. Looked strong on his carries.

I like naigama lol. He's not the future but he did some nifty things out there.

Teddy just run champion. Run run run.

Thought keary had a better second half when we actually got going in attack. I'm still out on what number he should wear but I have absolute faith in Robbos plan. If anything it's lukes recovery that's an issue. Temporary.

Bakers trysaver on Walsh. Well done lad.

To the idiot on fox sports who brought up the bigger teams getting the rub of the green. Jump in the bin. 2 seconds after that we got absolutely rorted on the sitilli in goal knock on.

5-1 pens at one stage. We played great for the first 10 minutes then as soon as we concede the first one we seem to become shellshocked.

Do we stand too deep in attack? I've read alot of people regarding side to side, I agree when JWH goes off, we become less direct.

Slow burn. I hope that's all it is. Come round 10 we'll look better. Happy to bank the 2 points.

If the Roosters can improve like Walkers goalkicking, we'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post

Two weeks in a row he’s had some big plays. He’s growing on me.
                          Big man, big plays.
                          A simple, good formula.

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                            Dear Sam Verills, please stay fit for the entire season. His out in front pass is beautiful.

Loving the look of big Joe. I'm not expert in what position he should play but having Tupou mk 2 on the other wing is exciting. Looked strong on his carries.

Thought keary had a better second half when we actually got going in attack. I'm still out on what number he should wear but I have absolute faith in Robbos plan. If anything it's lukes recovery that's an issue. Temporary.

To the idiot on fox sports who brought up the bigger teams getting the rub of the green. Jump in the bin. 2 seconds after that we got absolutely rorted on the sitilli in goal knock on.

5-1 pens at one stage. We played great for the first 10 minutes then as soon as we concede the first one we seem to become shellshocked.

Do we stand too deep in attack? I've read alot of people regarding side to side, I agree when JWH goes off, we become less direct.

Slow burn. I hope that's all it is. Come round 10 we'll look better. Happy to bank the 2 points.

Agreed on Verrills, it's the one key position in our squad where the drop off in talent between our 1st choice and and 2nd choice option is the difference between first grade standard and not.

I thought Teddy's brightest moments came on the back of Verrills getting out of dummy half and creating some cofnusion around the ruck. Teddy hasn't had much of that broken play so far this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                              What a weird call from the ref!!!

1. Can I check for a Sitili try?!?!? (Knowing there's no chance of a grounding and he has another motive but isn't allowed to challenge the call on valid grounds).

2. Asks the bunker to check for a Sitili knock-on while 'checking the grounding'.

3. Without any evidence of one, a knock-on gets called.

Fukking weird reffing tonight. Points for creativity for this dude.
                              Yet every 50/50 call favoured us, according to the commentators.....that wasn't even 50/50! Then one of them has to bring up the Cowboy's brain-dead comments last week. Have they checked how many games we actually win a penalty count???

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                                Dear Sam Verills, please stay fit for the entire season. His out in front pass is beautiful.

Good post. Just an observation whilst at the game, the side to side attack isn’t deep at all, too many players lined up with little space with our captain wanting to be involved in every backline movement and looked as though he had no vision for his supports. I recall on two occasions he could have passed to either Angus or Joey but died with the ball. The right side with Angus, Joey and Joe is promising however it was stifled yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X