No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think one of our issues is that both our halves are running, instinctive types and not natural organisers. Keary is good enough to handle it but probably detracts a bit from him. Would prefer Sam to be the moulded organiser, and just let Kez play his natural game. Credit to Sam for what he's done though in 2nd halves lately to bust open the game.

Lams not really an organiser either, and I'm still not sure what Hutch is. Maybe young Sandon is the next 'Cronk' in waiting.

Comment

• Just watched a replay. We are getting better each week. Bart (Robbo) knows what he's doing, we will be there when the Jacaranda's flower.
      Suaalii won't play for the Bears ever again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
        Just watched a replay. We are getting better each week. Bart (Robbo) knows what he's doing, we will be there when the Jacaranda's flower.
        Suaalii won't play for the Bears ever again.
        good analogy - and you might be right about suaalii too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
          Glad to see Fletcher Baker come up with some big moments
          Has been impressive last two games.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

No

Roosters 6 vs Warriors 2 at half time

Stacey Jones scored early in the second half converted by Ivan Cleary for the 8 - 6 lead
            That's why i put a question mark in there dude, was unsure if i remembered the halftime score correctly.

Anyways, point is i was confident of still winning like in the 2002GF when 8-6 down.

Comment

• From the game, I really liked Suaalii playing on the right wing. Subject to Billy Smith's recovery and how he plays I would love to see the back line moving forward in this order:

1. Teddy
              2. Toops
              3. Momo/Smith
              4. Manu
              5. Suaalii

I think even though it was his first Roosters game back from a foot injury, given more time, that right edge with Manu could become absolutely lethal. His contact taking a run was impressive and wow the kid can jump ! It's exciting to know that with Toops on one side and Suaalii on the other, we could have both sides covered with aerial related attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                From the game, I really liked Suaalii playing on the right wing. Subject to Billy Smith's recovery and how he plays I would love to see the back line moving forward in this order:

1. Teddy
                2. Toops
                3. Momo/Smith
                4. Manu
                5. Suaalii

I think even though it was his first Roosters game back from a foot injury, given more time, that right edge with Manu could become absolutely lethal. His contact taking a run was impressive and wow the kid can jump ! It's exciting to know that with Toops on one side and Suaalii on the other, we could have both sides covered with aerial related attacks.
                Yeah I was happy with his defence and runs (noting it was a tight game and he held his own out there). He had some Toops-style hard carries through the middle, zero missed tackles and a linebreak. Definitely a pass mark in my books...

Comment

• Suaalii had a strong game. Would have been nice if he'd show more faith in Manu instead of coming in. But he's still learning.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                    Suaalii had a strong game. Would have been nice if he'd show more faith in Manu instead of coming in. But he's still learning.
                    i thought that was joey snr's wrong read - he committed himself to the wrong attacker and joey jnr was left defending two men.

Comment

• I thought it was an average game of footy both teams were clunky.
                      The Chooks are running at about 6 out of 10 & will hopefully get better as the year goes on.
                      Rads seems to have taken a bit of a backseat in regards to being 1st receiver so has Teddy, I thought Rads should have got more involved in attack on Sunday. Joey Manu had an average game IMO, Suaalii looked like he can handle 1st grade & Sitilli plays it so tough in attack just about every ball he gets is flat (hospital pass) & he gets hit by 3 defenders every time but he always gets up & goes again.
                      Daniel Tupou is the Roosters most reliable player who also plays it tough when he carries the ball.
                      What about the charge that Rads got for a head high tackle that happened 300 mm off the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        I thought it was an average game of footy both teams were clunky.
                        The Chooks are running at about 6 out of 10 & will hopefully get better as the year goes on.
                        Rads seems to have taken a bit of a backseat in regards to being 1st receiver so has Teddy, I thought Rads should have got more involved in attack on Sunday. Joey Manu had an average game IMO, Suaalii looked like he can handle 1st grade & Sitilli plays it so tough in attack just about every ball he gets is flat (hospital pass) & he gets hit by 3 defenders every time but he always gets up & goes again.
                        Daniel Tupou is the Roosters most reliable player who also plays it tough when he carries the ball.
                        What about the charge that Rads got for a head high tackle that happened 300 mm off the ground.
                        Contact to the head is a penalty, doesn't matter how far off the ground it is. I agree with that. Judiciary let him go no charge. I'm fine with all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
                          Contact to the head is a penalty, doesn't matter how far off the ground it is. I agree with that. Judiciary let him go no charge. I'm fine with all that.
                          No charges against either Rads or JWH thankfully. Penalty sufficient which tells me putting them on report is procedure.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                            I thought it was an average game of footy both teams were clunky.
                            Yeah a lot of our passes are useless, flat, hospital basses TBH. I'm all for passing the ball around but if you're passing purely so that somebody else has to take the tackle (plus possibly knock it on in the process or whatever) then there's no need to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

No charges against either Rads or JWH thankfully. Penalty sufficient which tells me putting them on report is procedure.
                              I honestly dunno what report's for when the game's gonna be reviewed anyway (and you can get suspended without being put on report).

Weirdness...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

Ye, I agree. Penalty was definitely the right call. Concussion protocol should be the main priority, so any contact to the head, doesn't matter in what context (barring heead clash and knees) is a straight penalty. As you said, report is procedure, especially when its Rads or JWH, who the refs love reporting. Did any of you catch when the ref ut JWH on report he said "of course it is!" Love it

Comment

Working...
                                X