Some great pics from the sheds after the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
    Will they stick with the white shorts going forward or revert back to the navy blue shorts ?

On a side note were all the ex players in attendance from the 2002 squad?
    only Crocker wasn’t in attendance but was with the team the day before

Comment

Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post
      OK thanks. It won’t change my opinions of Bennett but Robbo has gone up a few more notches. Our club does a lot of work for those less fortunate including geriatrics!
      Be careful with your description of older people as geriatric mate, you may be there yourself one day Respect is such an easy thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer View Post

Be careful with your description of older people as geriatric mate, you may be there yourself one day Respect is such an easy thing.
        Apologies if you took offence but the definition of geriatric is ' an old person who is receiving special care' so in this case I think it fits perfectly!

Comment

Kudos to the club for doing these things, the club does do reunions well..

I guess there will be a 10 yr reunion next yr with our 2013 champs when the club plays Manly.

Wonder who paid the fare, like Morley from the UK wouldn't be cheap.

Comment

Being a Roosters supporter in the 80 & 90s wasn't easy. I honestly believed i would never been in attendance of a grand final win.....so 2002 for me was like dying and going to chook heaven. I will always be grateful for what Ricky Stuart and every player in that squad delivered. Graham Murray and Phil Goulds contribution shouldn't be forgotten either.

On a side note (i don't know if it was already mentioned) but wasn't it great to see Craig Fitzgibbon join in the JWH led team song in the dressing room. He's true Rooster living legend. The Sharks normally shit me but while he is head coach there they are my second team

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
              Being a Roosters supporter in the 80 & 90s wasn't easy. I honestly believed i would never been in attendance of a grand final win.....so 2002 for me was like dying and going to chook heaven. I will always be grateful for what Ricky Stuart and every player in that squad delivered. Graham Murray and Phil Goulds contribution shouldn't be forgotten either.

On a side note (i don't know if it was already mentioned) but wasn't it great to see Craig Fitzgibbon join in the JWH led team song in the dressing room. He's true Rooster living legend. The Sharks normally shit me but while he is head coach there they are my second team
              Yeah. It’s hard to dislike them atm even though usually I really can’t stand them.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

I even saw Todd Byrne there. Apparently the panfers have invited him to their 20 year reunion next year

Comment

Apologies if you took offence but the definition of geriatric is ' an old person who is receiving special care' so in this case I think it fits perfectly!
                  Dude in his 70's who is still working full-time, earning $$$ and knows more about footy than any of us? Gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    Will they stick with the white shorts going forward or revert back to the navy blue shorts ?

On a side note were all the ex players in attendance from the 2002 squad?
                    probably go back to the dark shorts but who knows.
                    from memory there was a mix up with bringing white shorts to a game in 2002 and the team won and so they decided to stick with the all white.

Comment

It's the manner in which you used it that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                        Kudos to the club for doing these things, the club does do reunions well..

I guess there will be a 10 yr reunion next yr with our 2013 champs when the club plays Manly.

Wonder who paid the fare, like Morley from the UK wouldn't be cheap.
                        Also a very nice touch from the club to invite the sister of Chad Robinson. She wrote a big thank you on Facebook and was very touched by the club that they had invited her as a remembrance to her late brother.
                        Well done to all concerned !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

Also a very nice touch from the club to invite the sister of Chad Robinson. She wrote a big thank you on Facebook and was very touched by the club that they had invited her as a remembrance to her late brother.
                          Nice touch indeed...didn't know about that Chad Robinson representation.

What was a surprise was Paul Green been there...didn't even complete 1 game in 2002 (not that I'm complaining about his invite)
                          But Justin Holbrook, Sam Obst, Dallas Hood, Eric Grothe Jr etc all played more games but were not invited? Maybe they declined?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
                            I even saw Todd Byrne there. Apparently the panfers have invited him to their 20 year reunion next year
                            I just spilled my lunch....

My Penrith loving friends think you are hilarious!
                            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

I pulled out the calendar last night with his photo on it when I was looking for some war jersey info for Teddy. I've kept it all these years, still remember when I bought it from the newsagency in Westfield and I used to have it on my desk at work. Chad's funeral was the same day as my brother in law's and we were all at Rookwood at the same time so it's a bit extra sad for us too.
                              "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Working...
                              X