Egan Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egan Butcher

Can't wait until this guy is back and has a few games under his belt. To me, looked like a rep player from game one in FG. Is absolutely fearless with the lines he runs and has great legspeed which i think we are missing a bit at the moment.

Back next round from what I read on Twitter today.

may start in Reggies though
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

This is my opinion, but I don’t think he makes our 17 unless he absolutely kills it for the Bears. U might be thinking, what, he’s way better thank baker or DSF. Yes I do agree. However I think the bench is best utilised having a utility, two props and a second rower. Nat based on his current play doesn’t deserve to be dropped, and we don’t have another player in the 17 who can cover prop apart from SST. Because of this I don’t think u drop baker for Egan, despite him being a better player.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
        Back next round from what I read on Twitter today.

may start in Reggies though
        He hasn't been named in the Bears side this week so perhaps a return to reggies next week ?

Comment

On nrl.com he was listed as 'foot - indefinite' when I checked today.

Watson's out for a month or so with a throat injury.

SST's back for round 7 (as listed).
          Last edited by ism22; 04-19-2022, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
            This is my opinion, but I don’t think he makes our 17 unless he absolutely kills it for the Bears. U might be thinking, what, he’s way better thank baker or DSF. Yes I do agree. However I think the bench is best utilised having a utility, two props and a second rower. Nat based on his current play doesn’t deserve to be dropped, and we don’t have another player in the 17 who can cover prop apart from SST. Because of this I don’t think u drop baker for Egan, despite him being a better player.
            Mate, he comes in for Fletcher Baker when he's fit to play.

Best case for our bench later this season.

14. Connor Watson
            15. Egan Butcher
            16 . Nat Butcher
            17. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

18. Drew Hutchinson

There's no way he's left out of the side instead of someone like Baker or DSF. He's way too talented to be playing reggies. In my opinion, he will be utilised as a Lock to give Radley a breather, whereas Connor will be utilised to come in as a dummy-half to give Verrills a breather.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post

Mate, he comes in for Fletcher Baker when he's fit to play.

Best case for our bench later this season.

14. Connor Watson
              15. Egan Butcher
              16 . Nat Butcher
              17. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

18. Drew Hutchinson

There's no way he's left out of the side instead of someone like Baker or DSF. He's way too talented to be playing reggies. In my opinion, he will be utilised as a Lock to give Radley a breather, whereas Connor will be utilised to come in as a dummy-half to give Verrills a breather.
              Fair enough. Could see it happening. Watson too talented to be just a guy who comes on to give dummy half a breather. I expect him to be utilised much like Brandon Smith has.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

Fair enough. Could see it happening. Watson too talented to be just a guy who comes on to give dummy half a breather. I expect him to be utilised much like Brandon Smith has.
                100% agree. Watson wasnt purchased to be a back up 9..plus lets be honest, his service is actually shithouse from 9. I think Watson will be great for us this year when he is used in the way he came back for

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

100% agree. Watson wasnt purchased to be a back up 9..plus lets be honest, his service is actually shithouse from 9. I think Watson will be great for us this year when he is used in the way he came back for
                  Agree re service but some of those darts up the middle with Ted in support will be beautiful

Comment

I'd like to see Egan get a crack as a right edge backrower with his hands.
                    Gus doesn't look mobile enough for me anymore out wide and could be better suited as a middle forward.

Comment

I had high hopes for Baker and think he has the courage and physical nature to make it, but I think at this stage he seems either too slow with the ball or doesn't run hard enough in attack.

Could be the latter because in defence he seems to get up and in their face pretty quickly.

I think alot of the juniors that have come through under Robbos pathway seem to be defence orientated which I'm not displeased with..

Comment

As talented as Egan is, why do we have to keep thinking he is the next big thing? Sure, he could he ‘anything’ but why not enjoy the journey for the club, team and player?

Comment

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
                          As talented as Egan is, why do we have to keep thinking he is the next big thing? Sure, he could he ‘anything’ but why not enjoy the journey for the club, team and player?
                          Because in my opinion, he's the closest thing to a Boyd Cordner 2.0 that I've seen coming thru the ranks in a very long-time. That's probably an unfair call this early as a comparison but with some of the games he played last season, there's definitely something about him. He brings great footwork, support, power, leg speed and defence for a 6ft 2 - 96kg young athlete and not to mention he's been through our development system so having home grown talent is a rarity especially for us. Forget about my opinion as an "armchair expert" but NRL journos/figures were saying last year that he's got superstar and future origin player written all over him and has had since playing under 16s origin etc.
                          Last edited by DP1990; 04-20-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Because in my opinion, he's the closest thing to a Boyd Cordner 2.0 that I've seen coming thru the ranks in a very long-time. That's probably an unfair call to compare him but with some of the games he played last season, there's definitely something about him. He brings great footwork, support, power and defence for a 6ft 2 - 96kg young athlete and not to mention he's been through our development system so having home grown talent is a rarity especially for us. Forget about my opinion as an "armchair expert" but NRL journos/figures were saying last year that he's got superstar and future origin player written all over him and has had since playing under 16s origin etc.
                            This. He is next level.

Comment

Because in my opinion, he's the closest thing to a Boyd Cordner 2.0 that I've seen coming thru the ranks in a very long-time. That's probably an unfair call this early as a comparison but with some of the games he played last season, there's definitely something about him. He brings great footwork, support, power, leg speed and defence for a 6ft 2 - 96kg young athlete and not to mention he's been through our development system so having home grown talent is a rarity especially for us. Forget about my opinion as an "armchair expert" but NRL journos/figures were saying last year that he's got superstar and future origin player written all over him and has had since playing under 16s origin etc.
                              luke brooks the next a johns, anasta the next fittler ...to much pressure on young fellas, the average fg career is less then 50 games. to compare him to cords is unfair, he is e buttcher ...lets wait and watch him play.

Comment

Working...
                              X