Egan Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Country Member View Post
    As talented as Egan is, why do we have to keep thinking he is the next big thing? Sure, he could he ‘anything’ but why not enjoy the journey for the club, team and player?
    When you go to a night club are you the last one standing on the dance floor looking to take the fat chick home? (Not that there would be anything wrong with that).

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      When you go to a night club are you the last one standing on the dance floor looking to take the fat chick home? (Not that there would be anything wrong with that).
      Just as the expectation (hope) that the fit, hot, young thing would be dynamite in the bedroom when the opposite is also possible

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

luke brooks the next a johns, anasta the next fittler ...to much pressure on young fellas, the average fg career is less then 50 games. to compare him to cords is unfair, he is e buttcher ...lets wait and watch him play.
        Fair call and I get that some players in the past have ended up being a let down or mediocre at best but another point I'll say about Egan is that whatever the point of view and thoughts are from the outside, he did enough within a few games last year to convince Robbo and the club to gain a contract extension till the end of 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          Night clubs... I can tell you about me and night clubs if you've got a moment or two

- During uni I was a DJ so used to get around a bit. However, my specialty was either playing soft, background music while people were arriving or playing less upbeat music at ~3am so that people would get the fark out instead of partying until 10am. I didn't drink or do drugs and was a bit of a nerd so go figure. No, I never picked up (if you're interested). My biggest gigs involved DJ'ing before Hennes & Cold at Sapphire Suite (at the Cross) and before Matt Darey (at Gas). I was literally the nerdy guy who they trusted to open and close becauss they knew I wouldn't use drugs or get with any girls (or boys).

- During the above period, highlights included...
          * Failing an A sample for having trace amounts of weed in my system because I drove home a girl who was wasted. B sample came clear, but my running club were all laughing as they knew how clean I was (and knew the girl, so knew exactly what had happened).
          * Did UrbEx with the said girl one night (tunnels below Redfern - her choice of outing BTW), then helped her move out of an abusive boyfriend's house (near the Surry Hills shops). She was super hot and he had this theory we'd been shagging. NFI what happened to her (hope she's safe) but he got into her online accounts and did some creepy shyte. Last time I heard from her, she called from a stranger's phone (he'd taken hers to stalk all her contacts) and she said she would be in touch when she got a new phone.
          * So long story short... I was usually the buff, nerdy guy who never picked up, but always ended up dealing with supermodel kinda hot girls' dramas (while their crazy ex's threatened to kill me).
          * Going all night to raves and then driving directly from the said raves to running training the next morning. Again I never touched drugs and stuff (except when I skulled some dude's water and he was like 'I AM GONNA FARKING BASH YOU, THAT WAS MY PILL!!!' - I promptly hugged the guy, told him he was awesome and laughed/smiled when he punched me multiple times, before going on all the rides/slides while tripping out). Raves were pretty awesome IMO. Especially the ones at Sega World (Utopia or something?)

- In Tokyo I (oddly) picked up 'Murrican girls every time I went out. I think that despite being a nerd, I became 100x more attractive overseas. Those were good days! I did lotsa all nighters at massive clubs. Do a web search for Womb if that helps... their clubs are crazy kinda huge.

- Small town Japan? I started going to jazz bars and drinking heavily. Um. By then I was past the stage of making any attempts to pickup. I'd just get drunk, dance, then sleep on their couch (they never ejected me - owner's wife would bring me breakfast in the morning, then we'd all go to a hotspring together for a recovery session). Three 'pickup' stories from there...
          * Model hot kinda girl got drunk and wanted to dance. I called a cab and (at her friend's request), went with her to make sure he actually took her home (short distance). Some wanka spread rumours we'd shagged...etc. All utter fiction.
          * 45 Year old dentist (who is totally a lesbian) would buy me lotsa drinks, then start crying on me when we got chatting. I'd then take her for a long walk and be like 'I think it's time for you to go home'. She'd then get me to walk her all the way home and stay with her (separate bed)... because she knew I'd stay and there was zero chance of me trying to hit on her. Again, she was a lesbian in serious need of a girlfriend (her marriage had failed because she was a lesbian). Some tool started rumours we were sleeping together but anybody in the know is aware that the chances of that are less than zero as she has no interest in guys.
          * I think I've already told the story about the twins and the monk on here? Oh what the hell. Swapped numbers with an attractive, extremely wealthy girl. She picked me up for dinner in her fancy car, took me out for dinner and we'd go to jazz clubs in different towns (she'd then book a hotel and blah blah blah). It was weird as she'd message me wanting to meet up URGENTLY, invest $$$ in the outing and then she'd go offline for months, so I'd give up. They'd twitch between two phone numbers each outing too, which was always kinda odd. One night I was in a jazz bar drinking sake with a monk (he drank it outta tea cup and pretended it was green tea). After a few he pulled out some family photos and was like 'I have two daughters about your age... twins'. It became apparent from this conversation that they both lived a VERY strict life in the temple and had used me as their toyboy when they got a bit of time off (hence the different cities each time...etc). Fortunately I was sober enough to say absolutely nothing other than 'you're lucky... your family looks beautiful and I'm sure you've raised your daughters well'.

- Canberra? I've had a few seriously tame benders around Canberra, most of which have been with my wife. I was always a nerd (not a party boy). Sorry that I'm so boring :P
          Last edited by ism22; 04-21-2022, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Night clubs... I can tell you about me and night clubs if you've got a moment or two

- During uni I was a DJ so used to get around a bit. However, my specialty was either playing soft, background music while people were arriving or playing less upbeat music at ~3am so that people would get the fark out instead of partying until 10am. I didn't drink or do drugs and was a bit of a nerd so go figure. No, I never picked up (if you're interested). My biggest gigs involved DJ'ing before Hennes & Cold at Sapphire Suite (at the Cross) and before Matt Darey (at Gas). I was literally the nerdy guy who they trusted to open and close becauss they knew I wouldn't use drugs or get with any girls (or boys).

* Failing an A sample for having trace amounts of weed in my system because I drove home a girl who was wasted. B sample came clear, but my running club were all laughing as they knew how clean I was (and knew the girl, so knew exactly what had happened).
            * Did UrbEx with the said girl one night (tunnels below Redfern - her choice of outing BTW), then helped her move out of an abusive boyfriend's house (near the Surry Hills shops). She was super hot and he had this theory we'd been shagging. NFI what happened to her (hope she's safe) but he got into her online accounts and did some creepy shyte. Last time I heard from her, she called from a stranger's phone (he'd taken hers to stalk all her contacts) and she said she would be in touch when she got a new phone.
            * So long story short... I was usually the buff, nerdy guy who never picked up, but always ended up dealing with supermodel kinda hot girls' dramas (while their crazy ex's threatened to kill me).
            * Going all night to raves and then driving directly from the said raves to running training the next morning. Again I never touched drugs and stuff (except when I skulled some dude's water and he was like 'I AM GONNA FARKING BASH YOU, THAT WAS MY PILL!!!' - I promptly hugged the guy, told him he was awesome and laughed/smiled when he punched me multiple times, before going on all the rides/slides while tripping out). Raves were pretty awesome IMO. Especially the ones at Sega World (Utopia or something?)

- In Tokyo I (oddly) picked up 'Murrican girls every time I went out. I think that despite being a nerd, I became 100x more attractive overseas. Those were good days! I did lotsa all nighters at massive clubs. Do a web search for Womb if that helps... their clubs are crazy kinda huge.

- Small town Japan? I started going to jazz bars and drinking heavily. Um. By then I was past the stage of making any attempts to pickup. I'd just get drunk, dance, then sleep on their couch (they never ejected me - owner's wife would bring me breakfast in the morning, then we'd all go to a hotspring together for a recovery session). Three 'pickup' stories from there...
            * Model hot kinda girl got drunk and wanted to dance. I called a cab and (at her friend's request), went with her to make sure he actually took her home (short distance). Some wanka spread rumours we'd shagged...etc. All utter fiction.
            * 45 Year old dentist (who is totally a lesbian) would buy me lotsa drinks, then start crying on me when we got chatting. I'd then take her for a long walk and be like 'I think it's time for you to go home'. She'd then get me to walk her all the way home and stay with her (separate bed)... because she knew I'd stay and there was zero chance of me trying to hit on her. Again, she was a lesbian in serious need of a girlfriend (her marriage had failed because she was a lesbian). Some tool started rumours we were sleeping together but anybody in the know is aware that the chances of that are less than zero as she has no interest in guys.
            * I think I've already told the story about the twins and the monk on here? Oh what the hell. Swapped numbers with an attractive, extremely wealthy girl. She picked me up for dinner in her fancy car, took me out for dinner and we'd go to jazz clubs in different towns (she'd then book a hotel and blah blah blah). It was weird as she'd message me wanting to meet up URGENTLY, invest $$$ in the outing and then she'd go offline for months, so I'd give up. They'd twitch between two phone numbers each outing too, which was always kinda odd. One night I was in a jazz bar drinking sake with a monk (he drank it outta tea cup and pretended it was green tea). After a few he pulled out some family photos and was like 'I have two daughters about your age... twins'. It became apparent from this conversation that they both lived a VERY strict life in the temple and had used me as their toyboy when they got a bit of time off (hence the different cities each time...etc). Fortunately I was sober enough to say absolutely nothing other than 'you're lucky... your family looks beautiful and I'm sure you've raised your daughters well'.

- Canberra? I've had a few seriously tame benders around Canberra, most of which have been with my wife. I was always a nerd (not a party boy). Sorry that I'm so boring :P
            dude.,..,,

Comment

Classic.
              Its a tough gig Jizz but someone’s gotta do it.

Comment

Looks like you’re making up on lost time in the drugs stakes izzy mun..
                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Just a Thought - Why not have E Butcher play as E Butcher and not like someone else or be compared to someone else.

Too much of y is the next z and so on as that rarely if ever happens.

It was like a reporter in the post match conference after the Warriors game somewhat comparing Walker to Fittler - even Robbo laughed at that one

Comment

what's egan's best position? like his brother he's versatile. in the past that might have been a problem but in the modern faster game he will be useful

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                      what's egan's best position? like his brother he's versatile. in the past that might have been a problem but in the modern faster game he will be useful
                      Lock or second row

Comment

I wonder what butcher will make the cut for our bench next yr (pun indented)

Watson, a backrower and likely 2 props for next yrs bench.

One of Nat or Egan gonna get cut from top 17..unless Egan develops into a prop/ middle forward.

Comment

Your not Sheldon Cooper and Les Norton's love child are you izzy?
                          Last edited by Bondicigar; 04-22-2022, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                            I wonder what butcher will make the cut for our bench next yr (pun indented)

Watson, a backrower and likely 2 props for next yrs bench.

One of Nat or Egan gonna get cut from top 17..unless Egan develops into a prop/ middle forward.
                            Unless Nat Butcher is unfit he will be in the 17 guaranteed.
                            We'll have to wait & see what happens with Verrills. Does he come off the bench or leave?
                            Verrills wont be playing 2nd grade because Manly, Parra or Saints will get him to be in their starting side.
                            Most think that Cheese Smith will be No 9 & Watson 14.
                            If Collins & Baker are the starting frontrowers next year then JWH will also be on the bench (JWH will be 34) leaving 1 spot & if Verrills stays it wouldnt surprise me if its him.

14. Watson
                            15. Verrills
                            16. JWH
                            17. N Butcher

DSF & Egan next.

Comment

To have Watson and Verrills on the bench is a waste of a spot that should go to either E Butcher or DSF

Comment

No need having two utilities/back up hookers on the bench. With Rads, Gus and Sitili all playing close to 80mins theirs no need for more than one 2nd rower on the bench. IMO E.Butcher's best bet to force his way into the 17 every week would be to transform himself into a Paul Gallen like frontrower. He has the size, and skill to do well in that kinda role
                                Last edited by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva; 04-22-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X