Manu Suaalii combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Then what's he doing on the wing and not at left centre?
    Maybe Trent missed that Dragons left centre Moses Suli is age 23, 189cm, and 109kg.
    ...young, strong, heavy, and fast.

With Manu's liking for rushing up out of the defensive line and tackling no one... or tackling a player not his opposing centre, Suaalii could be left to contend with Suli and Feagai.

Dragons had Hunt running down the sideline outside Feagai at one stage.
    Full of tricks were the Dragons last week.
    I would say he's just easing him into first grade.

Momo came back as a GF winner with a reputation as a strong defender. Against Brisbane he looked more like Rod Silva defending in the front line.

What I'm getting at is that we don't want a young kid losing confidence by playing in the centres when he's clearly still very green. He's going to gain confidence by his strong carries and taking high balls.

He's a big unit so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as an edge forward in a few years. He'll be too big for fullback and possibly wasted in the centres.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

How did that go for you?

(no essay necessary).
      I made you cry... sorry, I didn't realise you were so protective of who starts a thread saying 'match day today - discuss'. Whatever your jam is, I guess
      Last edited by ism22; 04-22-2022, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Alex Johnson is shithouse. Couldn’t break wind. Michael Appleby would be a prolific try scorer too on that side.
        9 tries in his last 4 games against us may suggest otherwise.

He's a pretty good finisher in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
          9 tries in his last 4 games against us may suggest otherwise.

He's a pretty good finisher in my eyes.
          Right place right time. When did he last make a break?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I made you cry... sorry, I didn't realise you were so sensitive
            You did?

Comment

Right place right time. When did he last make a break?
              Isn't a winger's primary role to score tries? Seems to go OK at this.

Comment

Kevin didn't get a free pass, he was dropped.
                Why should Joseph...or anyone else?
                Gee, Lam isn't given any free pass at this site.
                Nor were/are many others.
                As I said ... stop trolling.

Comment

Manu is the best center in the game but he didn't stand out in his first season, Suaalii is way ahead at 18 but I too had higher expectations when I have watched him playing for the Bears.

I expected a few line breaks and some individual brilliance but I am still very happy with his progress and don't mind waiting because you can see he's got talent .

The thing I like is his attitude and I think the combo of Suaalii and Manu will be a great partnership until he moves to the centres.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                    Isn't a winger's primary role to score tries? Seems to go OK at this.
                    You have been watching Toops for the last ten odd years.

In 2020 he was voted by the players as best winger in the game. He was nowhere near the leading try scorer.

Gone are the days where a winger’s primary role is just to score tries. This use to be the case. These days we have a winger who runs the ball more often than most forwards.

Google player surveys from the last 5 years. You won’t find Alex Johnson in the top 5 wingers for any of these years. And that’s according to the players.
                    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-22-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

It's easier for our defence to get across to inside the centre than to the corner post.

You won't see many tries scored past Toops on the outside.
                      Same thing needs to happen on fhe other wing.
                      Whilst that sounds logical, the fact is it doesn't happen. They may not score many outside Toops but there are plenty scored on his inside so the result is the same except with an easier conversion. As others have pointed out, if those outside backs need to come in its because we were short on that side in the first place.

Comment

I don’t like Suaalii on the wing. I get that it is the tried and tested way into first grade .. but I think he can offer more at centre

Comment

if suaalii plays the rest of the season in first grade then the other spot is between momo and smith. momo seems better suited to centre while billy might go alright on the wing. if billy hits form it could be toops. joey, joey, billy

Comment

Working...
                          X