Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bondi Blue: A Look Back on the 1945 Premiership

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...5-premiership/

Club is doing such a great job with our history and the relevant content. All Robbo fast becoming the greatest chook of them all

Comment

I think I heard a story somewhere about the reason Easts wore the Bondi Blue was because of a shortage of the the regular blue ink during the war can someone confirm this or perhaps shed some knowledge on the history of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
        I think I heard a story somewhere about the reason Easts wore the Bondi Blue was because of a shortage of the the regular blue ink during the war can someone confirm this or perhaps shed some knowledge on the history of it?
        That is definitely the case. They used the lighter blue tone as the navy was used for the war effort. It has been mentioned several times at the build ups to various ANZAC day games

Comment

Love the blue and all but jeez thought castore could of done more with this years jersey. Virtually the same as last season.

They lack creativity in their kits do castore, very let down so far about the partnership.

Comment

Hi Teddy, hope all is well. Yes as Superman said, the navy blue dye was rationed for the uniforms and not available for sporting teams at the time. I swore I had kept the swing tag in my Roosters memorabilia treasure chest from my jersey which I bought in 2007 as it had the story printed on it as it means a lot to me, as Dad was a WWII veteran. Couldn't find the tag but I did find a couple of autographed Craig Fitzgibbon bathing caps from his last game (who else has theirs?), what seems like several hundred lanyards and some Roosters hand sanitiser (who knew what a hot commodity that would be ?) Plus a signed birthday card from Willie Mason...which came with a book of stamps of the 2009 team..
            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
              Love the blue and all but jeez thought castore could of done more with this years jersey. Virtually the same as last season.

They lack creativity in their kits do castore, very let down so far about the partnership.
              I prefer it this way for our home jersey - no changes at all. Away jersey? Go for your life.

Comment

Yep, a great year it was in 1945....with no women's gimmick comp etc....just pure hard football without politics..

However is this the same KS that accused me and others of "antiquated views from a previous century" just because i wasn't sheeples like him lol.
                Yet ain't 1945 from a previous century? lol
                For a hater and mocker of the past, King stegosaurus sure posts alot of prehistoric stuff.

Get with the times King Stegosaurus..

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                  Yep, a great year it was in 1945....with no women's gimmick comp etc....just pure hard football without politics..

However is this the same KS that accused me and others of "antiquated views from a previous century" just because i wasn't sheeples like him lol.
                  Yet ain't 1945 from a previous century? lol
                  For a hater and mocker of the past, King stegosaurus sure posts alot of prehistoric stuff.

Get with the times King Stegosaurus..

Mmm I thought going back there would have traumatised him.

Comment

Great stuff. Can you imagine how tough these men were in 1945? The pictures are just fantastic.

Does the club have someone new in charge of marketing? I thought the 2002 Anniversary was outstanding last week and they are back at it again this week. The marketing has been piss poor and amateurish in the past imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                      Great stuff. Can you imagine how tough these men were in 1945? The pictures are just fantastic.

Does the club have someone new in charge of marketing? I thought the 2002 Anniversary was outstanding last week and they are back at it again this week. The marketing has been piss poor and amateurish in the past imo.
                      They did recently hire someone new as the role was advertised on LinkedIn earlier in the year. The anniversary was very well run and promoted on there too..Pity I fell asleep in the actual game....

I have similar photos of my Dad. Godfather and Uncle from that era too in their jerseys from our local team in country Queensland. Anytime anyone comes over, they automatically think they are Easts teams until I have to point out that's my Dad etc...love anything from that era and I have a deep appreciation of anyone and anything from that era. Mum & Dad got married in 1948 after WWII.
                      Last edited by redwhiteblue; 04-22-2022, 01:08 PM.
                      "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

They did recently hire someone new as the role was advertised on LinkedIn earlier in the year. The anniversary was very well run and promoted on there too..Pity I fell asleep in the actual game....

I have similar photos of my Dad. Godfather and Uncle from that era too in their jerseys from our local team in country Queensland. Anytime anyone comes over, they automatically think they are Easts teams until I have to point out that's my Dad etc...love anything from that era and I have a deep appreciation of anyone and anything from that era. Mum & Dad got married in 1948 after WWII.
                        Well they are certainly doing a good job. As I mentioned before it has been very, very poor in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

Well they are certainly doing a good job. As I mentioned before it has been very, very poor in the past.
                          Yes their presence on LinkedIn is regular and professional. They post excellent articles and it's all very polished.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Hi Teddy, hope all is well. Yes as Superman said, the navy blue dye was rationed for the uniforms and not available for sporting teams at the time. I swore I had kept the swing tag in my Roosters memorabilia treasure chest from my jersey which I bought in 2007 as it had the story printed on it as it means a lot to me, as Dad was a WWII veteran. Couldn't find the tag but I did find a couple of autographed Craig Fitzgibbon bathing caps from his last game (who else has theirs?), what seems like several hundred lanyards and some Roosters hand sanitiser (who knew what a hot commodity that would be ?) Plus a signed birthday card from Willie Mason...which came with a book of stamps of the 2009 team..
                            I’m well RW&B hope everything is great on your end. Thanks for that lol at hand sanitizer though that’s hilarious.

Comment

I’m well RW&B hope everything is great on your end. Thanks for that lol at hand sanitizer though that’s hilarious.
                              Yes all good thanks Teddy over here and looking forward to the most important game of the regular season . Going to catalogue all my memorabilia one day. Poor Willie might even get his own folder..

Comment

Working...
                              X