Bondi Blue: A Look Back on the 1945 Premiership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddy View Post
    I think I heard a story somewhere about the reason Easts wore the Bondi Blue was because of a shortage of the the regular blue ink during the war can someone confirm this or perhaps shed some knowledge on the history of it?
    It was needed for the Uniforms - RAAF

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
      Yep, a great year it was in 1945....with no women's gimmick comp etc....just pure hard football without politics..

However is this the same KS that accused me and others of "antiquated views from a previous century" just because i wasn't sheeples like him lol.
      Yet ain't 1945 from a previous century? lol
      For a hater and mocker of the past, King stegosaurus sure posts alot of prehistoric stuff.

Get with the times King Stegosaurus..

How would you know what the Football was like in 1945 though and by the way Women have been playing Rugby League since 1921.

Hater and mocker of the past ? Far from it only pointing out to folk when required the Antiquatedness of their views on particular subjects.

I would like to see you tell these Sydney Roosters NRLW players below it was in your words a "Women's gimmick comp" they had just won.

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-22-2022, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

How would you know what the Football was like in 1945 though and by the way Women have been playing Rugby League since 1921.

Hater and mocker of the past ? Far from it only pointing out to folk when required the Antiquatedness of their views on particular subjects.

I would like to see you tell these Sydney Roosters NRLW players below it was in your words a "Women's gimmick comp" they had just won.

Good stuff Salvo.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I'm going to change my autosig..
          Last edited by redwhiteblue; 04-23-2022, 07:37 AM.
          "It's these little things, they can pull you under
          Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Ray Stehr growing up in Coogee, these days he'd be Souths Junior.

Sad what become of Easts.

Comment

"Originally posted by BillyBonkers

Who sets these ridiculous boundaries anyway?
              Its about time that the Coogee / Randwick area is properly identified as Easts territory.
              Who in their right mind thinks that the Eastern beaches belong to Souffs?
              Anything East of the Anzac Parade should be Easts territory, and Coogee is on the East side of it.
              Souffs already own Redfern and the dump suburbs to the South of it, all the way to Mascot. They have Malabar and Maroubra as well.
              My understanding is that the boundaries were artificially moved because of a Souffs submission many years ago - and these boundaries defy common sense.
              Its about time they were corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                "Originally posted by BillyBonkers

Who sets these ridiculous boundaries anyway?
                Its about time that the Coogee / Randwick area is properly identified as Easts territory.
                Who in their right mind thinks that the Eastern beaches belong to Souffs?
                Anything East of the Anzac Parade should be Easts territory, and Coogee is on the East side of it.
                Souffs already own Redfern and the dump suburbs to the South of it, all the way to Mascot. They have Malabar and Maroubra as well.
                My understanding is that the boundaries were artificially moved because of a Souffs submission many years ago - and these boundaries defy common sense.
                Its about time they were corrected.
                Coogee is Easts in heart at least. We live in Coogee, kids went to school here - it's far more Easts than souths in supported team. The only time it appears souths is when that ****wit of a mayor puts up souths banners along Arden street in finals time. It boils my blood when that happens - I've seriously considered vandalism( some lighter fluid and a box of matches should so the trick) but common sense takes over unfortunately.

I know the official boundary has Coogee as souths but that's all bullshit in my eyes and stolen territory at best.

Comment

I was sort of hoping the mooted amalgamation of Randwick & Waverley LGA's would have indirectly over time, in mindset, solidified (correctly) those stolen areas as Eastern Suburbs.
                  Another controversial option that would be plonking our Headquarters in Randwick, stating proudly....."Here we are....in the heartland ( not spiritually.....always Bondi Junction) of OUR Eastern Suburbs"
                  Be a good kick in the bottom of the bunnies, probably ruffle a few chook feathers as well.
                  Sd what become of Easts.

Comment

I've been saying it for decades. Fix the boundaries. They make no sense at all. Moreso since the vermin took over Newtown's territory after the Jets were booted in the 80s

Coogee is considered East Sydney for every political and geographical purpose. Its only the NRL/Souffs admins that have it wrong. Over the years I've spoken to a number of fans from other clubs who claim that Easts have no juniors. And then are surprised (and change their tune) when I explain the boundaries to them, and how officially Coogee isn't considered Easts territory anymore, as it was stolen by a bunch of Souffs admins
                    Last edited by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva; 04-25-2022, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                      I've been saying it for decades. Fix the boundaries. They make no sense at all. Moreso since the vermin took over Newtown's territory after the Jets were booted in the 80s

Coogee is considered East Sydney for every political and geographical purpose. Its only the NRL/Souffs admins that have it wrong. Over the years I've spoken to a number of fans from other clubs who claim that Easts have no juniors. And then are surprised (and change their tune) when I explain the boundaries to them, and how officially Coogee isn't considered Easts territory anymore, as it was stolen by a bunch of Souffs admins
                      Same. I used to joke all the time about it with Sydney Concierge when we both worked in Martin Place (also Roosters territory). How we are supposed to recruit from the CBD when it's not exactly a residential area for raising children. This is just painful viewing and contrary to the website comments, not 'fun' at all:

https://www.randwick.nsw.gov.au/abou...allery/nrl-map
                      "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Working...
                      X