Sydney Football Stadium - Unavailable for NRL - Mid June to Mid August 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
    If we are talking about it being nine rounds, then play a couple of home games at the SCG, one in Gosford and the rest as away games. As its the middle of the season and origin is on throw in a couple of byes during that time. Not ideal, but its not that bad a scenario.
    Yeah I'm sure we can manage it. I get why a world cup takes priority and needs the big, new stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
      Unfortunately the Chooks cant move to Leichhardt so the next best is Henson Park, I think its good because I love the suburban grounds.
      But the corporates who don’t even watch the games won’t be happy at those grounds. The boxes won’t be considered suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        The Chooks could play at North Sydney Oval which would also be good.
        Never mate. Was there yesterday. Facilities are non existent.

Comment

Women's soccer is terrible. Make them play at Queens Park, plenty of soccer fields there.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

But the corporates who don’t even watch the games won’t be happy at those grounds. The boxes won’t be considered suitable.
            They can go across the road to the pubs like everyone else...there a plenty of good ones around Henson and North Sydney...good food too..
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Whether we like or not the Women's World Cup is a massive event that many cities would like to host. I undertand to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                Should've played the soccer at suburban grounds and told FIFA to go fly a kite.
                Soccer is not the most popular sport.
                The rugby league world cup is a very manufactured one to say the least to have enough teams to participate - Tonga/Samoa/Cook Islands/Fiji for an example plus splitting Great Britain into Wales/Scotland/England to go with NZ /France/Australia / PNG/Lebanon

Football is the number 1 sport in the world by a long way though and clubs don't own these grounds they are only "renting" these.

Football has the highest participation rate of any of the football codes in Australia

https://wufc.com.au/news/football-pa...bs-195-million

You have to hold world cup games at the main grounds though as well as provide adequate training facilities for the 32 countries participating.

It is a major event on the sporting calendar and they do this well then down the track they could someday host the Men's FIFA World Cup.

As a footnote a crowd of 91,583 watched a recent Barcelona vs Real Madrid UEFA Women's Champions League Match
                Last edited by King Salvo; 04-25-2022, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The rugby league world cup is a very manufactured one to say the least to have enough teams to participate - Tonga/Samoa/Cook Islands/Fiji for an example plus splitting Great Britain into Wales/Scotland/England to go with NZ /France/Australia / PNG/Lebanon

Football is the number 1 sport in the world by a long way though and clubs don't own these grounds they are only "renting" these.

Football has the highest participation rate of any of the football codes in Australia

You have to hold world cup games at the main grounds though as well as provide adequate training facilities for the 32 countries participating.

It is a major event on the sporting calendar and they do this well then down the track they could someday host the Men's FIFA World Cup.

As a footnote a crowd of 91,583 watched a recent Barcelona vs Real Madrid UEFA Women's Champions League Match
                  Rugby League is not and will never be an international sport. One week he’s Aussie, the next week he’s Tongan. I’ll stick to the NRL thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

I like it .... against the shite teams.
                    But I think we would prefer to load up the start and end of the season with home games. 5 games at the start and 5 at the end.

What about magic round?
                    Hopefully this will be the last year of this "magic round" farce - League A-Thon lasted 2 years - 1977/78 and was punted same should happen to "magic round"

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                      If we are talking about it being nine rounds, then play a couple of home games at the SCG, one in Gosford and the rest as away games. As its the middle of the season and origin is on throw in a couple of byes during that time. Not ideal, but its not that bad a scenario.
                      Yep and I believe it will only be 6-7 weeks in total that the SFS will be booked out for after they finish negotiations which like you said when you throw in the SOO bye and a few away games at worst we’re going to need to relocate 2-3 home games. 2 games that we take away every year anyway + 1 at the SCG.

Given the disruptions we’ve faced for the bast 24 months this is much to do about nothing.

Comment

I understand what you are saying. And that women's Barca vs Real Madrid is all well and good for a soccer game played in Europe.... but realistically would they draw that kinda crowd for a women's soccer game at any stadium in Australia this year? Probably not. Would they draw that crowd for a men's game? Don't know, but I wouldn't put money on it

I'll be very surprised if any of the women's soccer world cup games get anywhere near an attendance of 50k people. TBH i didn't even know that ANZ were gonna be the hosts until I jumped on the chookpen.

Nothing against soccer, but Cricket, NRL in the eastern states and AFL in Vic are the only sports that would attract those kinda of numbers. Because these are the sports that are popular here.

Comment

Hopefully this will be the last year of this "magic round" farce - League A-Thon lasted 2 years - 1977/78 and was punted same should happen to "magic round"
                          I like Magic round, I just think it needs to be shared around to different cities and not just held in Brisbane every year.

They missed an opportunity this year not aligning it with the NSW school holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I like Magic round, I just think it needs to be shared around to different cities and not just held in Brisbane every year.

They missed an opportunity this year not aligning it with the NSW school holidays.
                            I like it too.

Comment

Working...
                            X