No announcement yet.

Let’s go there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one of the main problems is that we just don’t have a good enough team to compete anymore. We are playing wooden spoon level footy because without last year’s retirees we have been reduced to wooden spoon level. Individually we have some great players but it used to be our great teamwork that we could win against all odds.

We have zilch combinations and bad defence. The new players are sub standard. A lot of our players are duds.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
      I don’t even know who to blame. That was poor all around. Angus and Verrills had alright games and that’s about it. Dogs were better and deserved to win.
      Not sure they deserved to win. The two sides were separated by goal kicking and an intercept pass. On paper, we should be up 20+ on them but it just never happened.
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        Our offseason recruitment consisted of Naiqama,Momirovski & Atoni. Our squad did not improve. JWH & SST seem like they have aged 5 years since last season. Look so slow. We lack leg speed, from the halves to our backs. Our shifts are in slow motion due to a lack of punch in the middle. Just my opinion but what does Verrills offer ? One good dart in the GF ?? He asks next to no questions of the opposition. 9 is a weak point for us that thankfully they have addressed come next season
        You can’t mention recruit on this site, you can ridiculed for questioning the worst buys in the comp..

Comment

I thought this was going to be about the Chookpen’s favourite topic.

Goalkicking.

First game in 18 months where gloackicking would have impacted the result.

After all the talk about we must play Keighran because he’s a goal kicker I hope the irony wasn’t lost on anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I didn’t know but the answer seemed sensible. Does that make sense?
            Probably. Not a lot made sense from 5.30 to 7.15.

Comment

The Chooks would have won if we had Latrell so its all Latrell's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                Plain and simple. Don’t hold back.

Who is to blame?

Point the fingers.
                Me...I didn't wash my hair today...my game day superstition is to blame...
                "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
                  You can't mention recruit on this site, you can ridiculed for questioning the worst buys in the comp..
                  Let's be fair. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Atoni is cut-priced and was there for depth. Naquaima - although older, had come off some good English form - and was depth for Smith & Suaali. Momorovski had played well for us in his chance in 2018 and had played in a premiership-winning side.

Whether we like it or not, there is a salary cap. Whether we wanted them to finish up or not - we lost Cords, Friend, Morris x2, Aubs. Plus JWH & SST are at the tail end of their careers.

I think we over-achieved last year and it took a lot out of us. This ain't gonna be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    I thought this was going to be about the Chookpen’s favourite topic.

Goalkicking.

First game in 18 months where gloackicking would have impacted the result.

After all the talk about we must play Keighran because he’s a goal kicker I hope the irony wasn’t lost on anyone else.
                    It was unexpected that’s for sure. Mind you, he didn’t exactly get a gimme at any stage.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler View Post

Probably. Not a lot made sense from 5.30 to 7.15.
                      Still doesn’t.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Me...I didn't wash my hair today...my game day superstition is to blame...
                        Gross!
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

We played better last year, so it cant be a player problem.
                          Maybe attitude or chemistry.

Comment

Kicking game, forward pack & bench rotation. All 3 we can improve.

- Kick earlier and into open space. Turn teams around and try to utilise your kicking game as best you can. Keary has a small boot on him so his end to ends aren’t threatening at all, they don’t instil fear and uncertainty into the FB. We are often letting our opposition teams start there sets near halfway.

- Forwards are due a change up. Start ramping up the development of our younger forwards and give May a shot. What’s happened to rewarding a player with form? He can offload and has leg speed things we lack desperately in our forwards at the moment.

Forward rotations are way off. Baker was on and off in a jiffy had zero impact on the game, the same with SST. Hutchison should be starting if he is named?? I don’t get why he’s picked as our utility when he is the slowest back we have. I thought lam looked good at 14 last season?

Comment

Our forwards are struggling to go forward.
                              Our opponents line speed is killing our back line plays.
                              Id like to see us focus more on the middle, just some harder running.
                              Our halves should be able to get us back in the game, even off the back foot.

Comment

Robbi should bench everyone, then let our squad from last year run out and have a crack!

Comment

Working...
                                X