Pack Shift Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pack Shift Change

We need some young blood and I really think JWH, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Sitili Tupouniua and Angus Crichton need a week off whether it be to focus on training or sit back and watch some of the younger/other boys get a run. Hopefully that will light a spark under their ass.

Like seriously our pack is absolutely ineffective and not up to standard. With our next few upcoming games, what better opportunity than to inject some of the younger lads !

I really want to see how different our spine functions with the likes of Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Naufahu Whyte and Renouf Atoni getting a run. I know some of the players may be ineligible to play until later on but I don't know, our pack needs a shuffle and the current pack/players need to be held accountable.

Who failed to find touch?
    Who kicked out on the full?
    Who fell for A-Carr's dummy and let his try in?
    Who threw the intercepted pass for his other try?
    Who dropped the ball?
    Who lost the ball in tackles?
    Who threw dumb passes?
    Who knocked on from kicks?

Most of the team.

Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-01-2022, 03:33 AM.

Comment

They need to nail the basics simple as that - you can't win games with 65% completions and unless that improves they will continue to struggle scoreboard wise - both in offence and defence

Robbo sends mixed messages on this aspect of their game - i.e improving this but not at the expense of the attack as they want to play the Roosters way.

If you are completing sets at that percentage then you are putting pressure on an already struggling attack and on the defence as you are forced to make more tackles.

The game is a fast game now with the ball in player longer and fatigue is a factor and this has a flow on affect in making more errors and more missed tackles.

I am at a loss of why the low set completions is not being addressed or is acceptable still.

They are not good enough defensively to defend against low set completions and high error rates especially in the faster game with the ball in play longer.

Need something to tell them its not pre the rule changes when the game was stop start and players could get a break

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
        you can't win games with 65% completions
        Literally the game before us the winning side had sub 60% completion rates and won. Seems you can..

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
          We need some young blood and I really think JWH, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Sitili Tupouniua and Angus Crichton need a week off whether it be to focus on training or sit back and watch some of the younger/other boys get a run. Hopefully that will light a spark under their ass.

Like seriously our pack is absolutely ineffective and not up to standard. With our next few upcoming games, what better opportunity than to inject some of the younger lads !

I really want to see how different our spine functions with the likes of Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Naufahu Whyte and Renouf Atoni getting a run. I know some of the players may be ineligible to play until later on but I don't know, our pack needs a shuffle and the current pack/players need to be held accountable.
          We will lose by 80 with Norths pack. Atoni struggles in reserves.

Norths lost to Saints in reserves last week. Their pack was dominated by Saints who had a couple of guys with first first grade experience playing for them.

SST is our only forward making an impact at the moment.
          Last edited by Thirteen; 05-01-2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

We will lose by 80 with Norths pack. Atoni struggles in reserves.

Norths lost to Saints in reserves last week. Their pack was dominated by Saints who had a couple of guys with first first grade experience playing for them.

SST is our only forward making an impact at the moment.
            How awful is our bench these days too? Baker,hutch and butcher offer zero impact. Need energy, whether baby butcher and Watson can offer that remains to be seen.

if Nate needs to be in the side, then he should be starting, I think he is wasted on the bench, because he plays the same if he is on the field for 60min or 20min.

Comment

May looks big enough and tough enough to be on the bench for FG. ( we lost to the team at the very bottom of the ladder)...new roads must be driven.
              Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-01-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                Who failed to find touch?
                Who kicked out on the full?
                Who fell for A-Carr's dummy and let his try in?
                Who threw the intercepted pass for his other try?
                Who dropped the ball?
                Who lost the ball in tackles?
                Who threw dumb passes?
                Who knocked on from kicks?

Most of the team.

yeah it was like watching under twelves or something.
                just terrible.

Comment

SST has been our best forward this year, although a bit quiet yesterday. Leave him out of this discussion.

Comment

My observation last night is our forwards looked like they have been doing too much cardio and lacking in that explosive power. I am now wondering if this was intentional to prepare them for the tough draw over the next few weeks. A bit like coaches putting work into their forwards before the finals.

Comment

I keep repeating myself on here about it and I will again now -

When is Terrell May eligible? Is he able to play for us? He brings punch, leg speed and a offload.. averages close to 200M per game what more can he do?

Comment

I would love to see Terrell May, Whyte or DSF get a crack at first grade. I would forgive young hungry intensity with a few errors drizzled in over a total lack of intensity and pedestrian footy that the current crop are producing.
                        What was most damning for me was Robbo using the flu as a reason for JWH and Radley playing poorly on ANZAC Day and getting reduced mins. So in essence he'd rather play undone first graders than give the young blokes a crack. He must have concerns.

Comment

I think it's a must that JWH starts for his pure aggression.

We lack any punch off the bench so maybe reverting back to starting Butcher and benching Crighton.

Baker must be showing something to the coaching staff that we don't see on GameDay and I can't be critical of that but I think Fifita has added some starch in his limited game time and would give him a go over Baker.

My centre would be Smith over Keighran over Momo.

None of this means anything of individuals aren't stepping up though.

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                          We need some young blood and I really think JWH, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Sitili Tupouniua and Angus Crichton need a week off whether it be to focus on training or sit back and that will light a spark under their ass.

watch some of the younger/other boys get a run. Hopefully that will light a spark under their ass.

Ru NBBi.kl

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post

yeah it was like watching under twelves or something.
                            just terrible.
                            I watched it all, but couldn't believe it was happening.

I think I saw a deliberate tactic by the Dogs of kicking grubbers straight at the legs of our players, hoping to make our players kick the ball into touch, knock on trying to catch the ball, or kick it back to them accidentally thereby giving them another 6 tackles.
                            I'll have to check the replay.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
                              I would love to see Terrell May, Whyte or DSF get a crack at first grade. I would forgive young hungry intensity with a few errors drizzled in over a total lack of intensity and pedestrian footy that the current crop are producing.
                              What was most damning for me was Robbo using the flu as a reason for JWH and Radley playing poorly on ANZAC Day and getting reduced mins. So in essence he'd rather play undone first graders than give the young blokes a crack. He must have concerns.
                              In my option Whyte has not stood out for Norths at all. May and Fafita both have. And Tapuha was solid yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X