We have already hit rock bottom, thats the positive thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have already hit rock bottom, thats the positive thus far

This is the only positive i can come up with at present, look at the sides that have beaten us, Souffs shtruggling, Merge, Naughts and Dogs 3 spoon contenders, the sides we have beaten, none of them top 8 contenders, although Cows have surprised. Im not expecting much against the big guns, in fact i fully expect a reeming, so being beaten by these shit ordinary footy teams is us at our lowest point.

it is not the losses, i can cop that it is the way we are losing which im filthy about, instead of learning and moving forward we are actually getting ****ing worse, we cant use injuries or refs as an excuse, this rubbish is entirely on the coach and players, we have a side laden with stars and rep players performing like z graders playing together for the first time, all those shit tea,s we have beaten, that are below us and god help us the ones that have embarrassingly beaten us, would kill for our squad.

with all these rule changes and interpretations has the game moved one way and Robbo another way, it appears so, i know he is a very smart man and can adjust and has too, but will he? Is there enough time for this season?

Radley has been nuetralised, his agression taken away by rule change, his ball playing role has taken over his running game, JWH is on old legs, another who has had his game neutered by the rule changes, Chrichton hets the ball on the back foot and no longer hits the line at speed, Sitilli needs to realise these is 2 tasks in footy attack and defend, some of his defence has been terrible, My fav SST, still hits it up hard but can only do so in short spurts these days, one of the fan favs Butcher, look the bloke does very little wrong, can tackle and hit it up but can not break the line or dominate in the tackle, cannot offload or stop an offload, look at these backrowers for the better teams, all can bend the line, offload at will especially against us and dominate in defence.

We have many problem areas all across the park, i think Saluka Fifiti needs to come in for some punch off the bench, Hutch is a wasted bench spot and apart from trying hard offers little, when Verrills needs his rest, get Manu into dummy half, let him take on tired defenders around the ruck, we have no halves depth at all apart from Lam who appears on the nose atm, so we will have to persevere with Robbos favourite word “ clunkiness” each week.

Unfortunately this season is about taking baby steps, it can get any worse Can It?
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

This will be the 3rd week in a row we play a bottom 4 placed team, we had a pretty blessed run, hopefully we can get back on track this week.

Comment

We won't have hit rock bottom until we have played the pamfers and the drizzle. They will both set records against us.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
        We won't have hit rock bottom until we have played the pamfers and the drizzle. They will both set records against us.
        we should fully expect an arse whipping on current form, i highly doubt we can perform even worse than we have in 7 of our 8 games this season

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
          This is the only positive i can come up with at present, look at the sides that have beaten us, Souffs shtruggling, Merge, Naughts and Dogs 3 spoon contenders, the sides we have beaten, none of them top 8 contenders, although Cows have surprised. Im not expecting much against the big guns, in fact i fully expect a reeming, so being beaten by these shit ordinary footy teams is us at our lowest point.

it is not the losses, i can cop that it is the way we are losing which im filthy about, instead of learning and moving forward we are actually getting ****ing worse, we cant use injuries or refs as an excuse, this rubbish is entirely on the coach and players, we have a side laden with stars and rep players performing like z graders playing together for the first time, all those shit tea,s we have beaten, that are below us and god help us the ones that have embarrassingly beaten us, would kill for our squad.

with all these rule changes and interpretations has the game moved one way and Robbo another way, it appears so, i know he is a very smart man and can adjust and has too, but will he? Is there enough time for this season?

Radley has been nuetralised, his agression taken away by rule change, his ball playing role has taken over his running game, JWH is on old legs, another who has had his game neutered by the rule changes, Chrichton hets the ball on the back foot and no longer hits the line at speed, Sitilli needs to realise these is 2 tasks in footy attack and defend, some of his defence has been terrible, My fav SST, still hits it up hard but can only do so in short spurts these days, one of the fan favs Butcher, look the bloke does very little wrong, can tackle and hit it up but can not break the line or dominate in the tackle, cannot offload or stop an offload, look at these backrowers for the better teams, all can bend the line, offload at will especially against us and dominate in defence.

We have many problem areas all across the park, i think Saluka Fifiti needs to come in for some punch off the bench, Hutch is a wasted bench spot and apart from trying hard offers little, when Verrills needs his rest, get Manu into dummy half, let him take on tired defenders around the ruck, we have no halves depth at all apart from Lam who appears on the nose atm, so we will have to persevere with Robbos favourite word “ clunkiness” each week.

Unfortunately this season is about taking baby steps, it can get any worse Can It?
          We have a side laden with stars?
          Interesting.
          Who are all these stars...who would make the Origin teams?
          I see one, Teddy.
          Toops and Manu for Int'l teams+ SST maybe...+ Sitili maybe.
          That's 3 maybe 4 or 5 out of 17, 30.

There are no easy games anymore.
          Storm thrashes teams, they are a cut above.
          Panthers win every game, but struggle to do so in some.
          The other 14 teams...every game is most times "bounce of the ball".
          Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-01-2022, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I think we should thrashion a few brews till we hit the bottom...

Comment

Originally posted by kruT View Post
              I think we should thrashion a few brews till we hit the bottom...
              i hope the gates of hell dont open and we fall even further, that would be cause to drink myself stoopid

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

We have a side laden with stars?
                Interesting.
                Who are all these stars...who would make the Origin teams?
                I see one, Teddy.
                Toops and Manu for Int'l teams+ SST maybe...+ Sitili maybe.
                That's 3 maybe 4 or 5 out of 17, 30.

There are no easy games anymore.
                Storm thrashes teams, they are a cut above.
                Panthers win every game, but struggle to do so in some.
                The other 14 teams...every game is most times "bounce of the ball".
                At least 10 of the current NRL squads would die for our roster, 3 of those have already embarrassed us this season, thankfully only Teddy and possibly Collins will be missing for origin, Apart from Souffs which is always a 50/50 our roster should smash the other teams we have played

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

i hope the gates of hell dont open and we fall even further, that would be cause to drink myself stoopid
                  I'll give ya hand if that happens...

Comment

Working...
                  X