"The Roosters Way" Needs Amending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
    I was interested to know why we didn't get a penalty for Suaalii getting whacked straight across the head just before he was attempting to ground the ball and may or may not have gone into touch.
    I am sure I heard the bunker saying spite if it not being an obstruction this would not have happened had the lead runner not brushed this player.
    When you trust your television
    what you get is what you got
    Cause when they own the information
    they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
      I'm happy our club is known for not complaining and milking penalties.
      Milking penalties is one thing, ...ignoring your players being victims of foul play is quite another.
      Wouldn't surprise me if Walker left for the Cowboys where his coach would be speaking out.
      And who could blame him.

Nearly every tackle, when Cordner was going to the ground he would be hit hard with a short, sharp, forearm to the head.
      It was just accepted as the norm..." the way it is".
      He's not playing anymore.
      He wasn't the only one of our players being bashed.
      I started a thread about it.
      Nothing ever changed.
      Now it's Walker being bashed...and maybe Suaalii.
      Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-02-2022, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Then Trent and the Club should've been demanding an explanation for that too.
        Robbo did mention it in the presser when he was asked about the no-try. He said he thought it was high contact, and that he also thought it was a forward pass, so a definite no-try in his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Milking penalties is one thing, ...ignoring your players being victims of foul play is quite another.
          Wouldn't surprise me if Walker left for the Cowboys where his coach would be speaking out.
          And who could blame him.

Nearly every tackle, when Cordner was going to the ground he would be hit hard with a short, sharp, forearm to the head.
          It was just accepted as the norm..." the way it is".
          He's not playing anymore.
          He wasn't the only one of our players being bashed.
          I started a thread about it.
          Nothing ever changed.
          Now it's Walker being bashed...and maybe Suaalii.
          Mate I hear what you are saying. I do recall Robbo going nuts after the Parra game last year. Was spoken about for weeks afterwards and actually made an impact in a positive way.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

the roosters way isn't just about not milking penalties - it's about good defence, respect for the history of the game, concentrating on ourselves, working hard, playing our kind of footy.

personally i wouldn't have a problem with players staying down when they know they've been hit illegally - e.g. sitili suffered a hip drop, the guy got suspended and we didn't get a penalty. if other clubs are going to do it - why should we be the only ones missing out? but it seems like the players get strength from not laying down and we have a lot of premiership success recently so when you're on a good thing ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post

If he stays down, they have to look at it. He didn't. This is the game today. Stay down holding your head and the rewards will come. See it all the time. Time for the Roosters to get with the times.
              Without Lodge rubbing his face on the ground the other night the warriors don't get the 2 points. It's a big deal holding the high moral ground, you sacrifice a lot - we seem to be the only ones coached not to do it.

A lot of talk about Bellamy being the greatest on here lately - he definitely coaches them to lie down. C Smith won then several games just against us by taking dives.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Robbo did mention it in the presser when he was asked about the no-try. He said he thought it was high contact, and that he also thought it was a forward pass, so a definite no-try in his opinion.
                And was he charged?

Comment

I agree with all of the rough calls, it annoys me to say the least.

But 'the Rooster way' is to get on with the game and win, rather than make excuses.

When we went back to back we rarely (if ever) had a fair refereeing performance. We also had poor ball handling and gave away stupid penalties. But we won and that's the Rooster way!

I's rather Robbo focus on coaching than complaining about the ref.

Comment

Walker could have his neck broken the way he's being tackled in the air etc illegally and forcefully.
                    Why should we respect an NRL that is not respecting us.

Storm...was it they who *invented* the chicken wing, chicken leg, crusher and other ways to hurt players?
                    ...as well as cheating the cap?

Comment

Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post
                      I agree with all of the rough calls, it annoys me to say the least.

But 'the Rooster way' is to get on with the game and win, rather than make excuses.

When we went back to back we rarely (if ever) had a fair refereeing performance. We also had poor ball handling and gave away stupid penalties. But we won and that's the Rooster way!

I's rather Robbo focus on coaching than complaining about the ref.
                      I'd rather he did both.
                      Now that the Roosters way doesn't have the team it had then, unfair refereeing has a bigger effect on games than ever.

Unfair refereeing should be investigated.
                      Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-02-2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

You would think the Roosters are not known for complaining and milking penalties, but I don't know about the rest of you, that certainly isn't the impression of the Roosters held by supporters of other clubs with whom I'm in regular contact. They think the Roosters:
                        • complain about everything
                        • milk penalties
                        • rort the cap every year
                        • poach star players from other clubs
                        • get the rub of the green on the field
                        • get the rub of the green at the judiciary
                        • get penalties other teams don't
                        • get preferential treatment by the NRL
                        • have too much influence over the NRL
                        • and so on.
                        I've never heard any one of these supporters laud the Roosters for:
                        • not staying down when the victim of foul play
                        • not milking penalties in other ways
                        • playing in the spirit of the game
                        • their success in 2013, 18, & 19
                        • not carrying on like pork chops when they score a try (a la the pamfers)
                        • and so on.
                        Therefore, what does it benefit the Roosters to play the game in such a way? There's only one benefit, and it is entirely confined to the Roosters organisation and supporters. No matter what the Roosters do or how they behave, most supporters of other teams hate the Roosters. Again, this is just my experience.

I see where both Vasco and bondi.boy are coming from on this matter. Right now, I would simply like to see them play well.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                          You would think the Roosters are not known for complaining and milking penalties, but I don't know about the rest of you, that certainly isn't the impression of the Roosters held by supporters of other clubs with whom I'm in regular contact. They think the Roosters:
                          • complain about everything
                          • milk penalties
                          • rort the cap every year
                          • poach star players from other clubs
                          • get the rub of the green on the field
                          • get the rub of the green at the judiciary
                          • get penalties other teams don't
                          • get preferential treatment by the NRL
                          • have too much influence over the NRL
                          • and so on.
                          I've never heard any one of these supporters laud the Roosters for:
                          • not staying down when the victim of foul play
                          • not milking penalties in other ways
                          • playing in the spirit of the game
                          • their success in 2013, 18, & 19
                          • not carrying on like pork chops when they score a try (a la the pamfers)
                          • and so on.
                          Therefore, what does it benefit the Roosters to play the game in such a way? There's only one benefit, and it is entirely confined to the Roosters organisation and supporters. No matter what the Roosters do or how they behave, most supporters of other teams hate the Roosters. Again, this is just my experience.

I see where both Vasco and bondi.boy are coming from on this matter. Right now, I would simply like to see them play well.
                          You are so right.

At least, at this stage, we don't get blamed for the floods, the droughts, Covid and their lack of success in life.

ScoMo caused all that.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

You are so right.

At least, at this stage, we don't get blamed for the floods, the droughts, Covid and their lack of success in life.

ScoMo caused all that.
                            You left out "the fires", he got blamed for them too.

The in the air tackle on Walker was shocking, horrible, very dangerous...the whole NRL just ignored it.
                            Why would anyone have respect for the NRL.

Everybody hates the Roosters?
                            Then it won't matter on our love meter if we complain bitterly about our players being physically and verbally attacked...illegally
                            ...and complain bitterly about any refereeing we consider unfair or incompetent.
                            Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-02-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I'm happy our club is known for not complaining and milking penalties.
                              Me too. Let’s not become like Souths.

Comment

Mate I hear what you are saying. I do recall Robbo going nuts after the Parra game last year. Was spoken about for weeks afterwards and actually made an impact in a positive way.
                                Yes and I think the next week was Magic Round where we copped the brunt of the crackdown. The problem for me is not the crackdown but the inconsistency. Unfortunately this is unlikely to change because as long as we have humans as referees we'll have all the inconsistencies that go with human nature. You would expect that over time decisions even themselves out and while some on here won't agree, every supporter thinks their club is hard done by but IMO the Roosters get their fair share of 50/50 decisions.

As for not staying down to milk penalties, I'm happy that we play that way. The 'Matt Lodge Laydown' should be the name given to the ploy and make the guy infamous for such a shyte tactic. Karma is a bitch and it will be coming to get him and all the members of his Laydown club. It may take a while but it will come.

Comment

Working...
                                X