Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Butcher & B Smith cleared to selection

Just on the roosters Instagram.

Egan Butcher and Billy Smith cleared for selection this weekend.

Great news

Comment

Smith back in for AK this week who is injured?

E Butch straight in for Sitilli

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
        Smith back in for AK this week who is injured?

E Butch straight in for Sitilli
        I'd rather see Smith get some game time for the bears............................and dropping Sitilli?
        We can't do that.
        Sure he's been guilty of the odd mis-read in defence, but overall he's been one of our better forwards.

Comment

Great news will hopefully see them in FG in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

I'd rather see Smith get some game time for the bears............................and dropping Sitilli?
            We can't do that.
            Sure he's been guilty of the odd mis-read in defence, but overall he's been one of our better forwards.
            an illiterate is better at reading defences than sitili. Bench for me

Comment

Sitili has been our most likely in attack, I’d keep him in.

Comment

B Smith and E Butcher will need game time in NSW Cup one would say.

Sitili has been arguably our best attacking forward and has a tackle efficiency of 93% (226 made and 17 missed tackles ) and apart from the Manly game where he played 43 minutes he is playing the full 80 minutes.

Be ludicrous for Sitili not to start or play NRL

https://www.roosters.com.au/teams/te...ili-tupouniua/

Not in the top 50 for missed tackles so far in 2022 either.

https://www.nrl.com/stats/players/?c...on=2022&stat=4
                Last edited by King Salvo; 05-02-2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I don't like Sitili's leaky defence either.
                  But our current problem is that we cannot score points.
                  Sitili is one of our few players that can break tackles, and is near the top of our try scoring lists.
                  He will be one of the first players picked each week, unless he starts to miss 3 or 4 tackles a game, that lead to tries.

Comment

id bring billy in straight away oddly enough ,he played the first 2 games ? hehas far more upside then keirghan or naiqama on the wing .

egan can have a game or 2 for the bears.

sitili aint going anywhere , he has beem good this year imo . i know he males defensive mistakes, but he offers so much with ball in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                      id bring billy in straight away oddly enough ,he played the first 2 games ? hehas far more upside then keirghan or naiqama on the wing .

egan can have a game or 2 for the bears.

sitili aint going anywhere , he has beem good this year imo . i know he males defensive mistakes, but he offers so much with ball in hand.
                      He won't be coming in onto the Wing. Toops is available and Suaalii isn't going anywhere. He made his debut for us as a left centre - and scored a good try. Keighran is injured and Momo is playing like a busted, so left centre is his best bet.

Comment

toops to replace naiqama (who didn't do anything wrong) on the wing and there's a battle between him, billy and momo for the centre spot. personally i wouldn't mind suaalii to left centre and smith to right wing. suaalii looks good but he's got a bit of skill about him and smith's body seems better suited to doing the hard yards off our own line. but maybe best to leave the joeys together.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                          I don't like Sitili's leaky defence either.
                          But our current problem is that we cannot score points.
                          Sitili is one of our few players that can break tackles, and is near the top of our try scoring lists.
                          He will be one of the first players picked each week, unless he starts to miss 3 or 4 tackles a game, that lead to tries.
                          That's a great point.

I prefer Sitili in the side. He knows his way to the tryline.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                            Sitili has been our most likely in attack, I’d keep him in.
                            most likely....to drop the ball?

I'd still have him in the team but as an impact player playing 30-50mins

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

We can't do that.
                              This goes a long way to explaining our start to 2022.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X