E Butcher & B Smith cleared to selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith in at left centre.

E Butcher on the bench. We will have a slightly smaller bench and instead of someone like Fletcher Baker or DSF, Egan offers more versatility and currently where we suck is in our attack and he did come up with a few good attacking moments last season. Yes, it would be good to give him some game time with the Bears but honestly just throw him in there now, it's starting to become a bit of a concern with our squad as we look flat and shot.

Comment

Both to Norths.

Comment

I just cannot believe that some people suggest that Sitilli gets dropped.
        HE HAS BEEN THE ROOSTERS BEST FORWARD.
        He is a weapon in attack & has missed fark all tackles when you look at the stats.
        Sitilli has been picked every week whilst the other 2 are in & out.

Comment

Correct me if I’m wrong but have Sitili and Crichton swapped edges this year? I think I much preferred Crichton on out left edge in years passed.
          Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

He won't be coming in onto the Wing. Toops is available and Suaalii isn't going anywhere. He made his debut for us as a left centre - and scored a good try. Keighran is injured and Momo is playing like a busted, so left centre is his best bet.
            Agreed.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I’m a little surprised no one has mentioned Tuku Hau Tapuha as an attacking option off the bench,he was good last year and had a good game for the Bears last week!

His size and ball playing ability could come in handy at the moment considering we are struggling in attack!

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
                Just on the roosters Instagram.

Egan Butcher and Billy Smith cleared for selection this weekend.
                I know you’re only presenting they’re available but not sure why Smith ever gets mentioned. Old Q Keenihan will play one game then break. Time we wiped our hands with him & moved on,he will never be a reliable,regular 1st grader unfortunately.
                Has skill but let’s face it he will never put more than a few games together in a season, so him & Kevvie can go at the end of the year.

Comment

Smith if fit should come straight back in

Comment

Billy Smith is unfortunately the new Brett Papworth. Talented but will have had more seasons with us than actual games.

Comment

Originally posted by lydon View Post
                      i’m a little surprised no one has mentioned tuku hau tapuha as an attacking option off the bench,he was good last year and had a good game for the bears last week!

His size and ball playing ability could come in handy at the moment considering we are struggling in attack!

yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
                        Correct me if I’m wrong but have Sitili and Crichton swapped edges this year? I think I much preferred Crichton on out left edge in years passed.
                        Yes Sitili is playing left and Crichton right- The Left side is the favoured side in attack and Sitili is more agile and mobile than Crichton. I read on another site that Crichton maybe being turned into a prop.
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 05-02-2022, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TumutChook View Post
                          I know you’re only presenting they’re available but not sure why Smith ever gets mentioned. Old Q Keenihan will play one game then break. Time we wiped our hands with him & moved on,he will never be a reliable,regular 1st grader unfortunately.
                          Has skill but let’s face it he will never put more than a few games together in a season, so him & Kevvie can go at the end of the year.
                          Unfortunately, we're one good centre/player short in our back line. Momo has had a bit of a shocker as of late and Kevin N. isn't setting the world on fire, Keighran is now injured so the last/least option to fill that role is Smith. I hope we go to the market this year and look for a centre or perhaps look at who is coming thru our juniors.

Comment

Yeh I understand where you're coming from and my brain is telling me to think that way but my heart is saying if he can get through a few games he might be right.

Fingers crossed he can stay fit but time will tell.

Originally posted by TumutChook View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post

Unfortunately, we're one good centre/player short in our back line. Momo has had a bit of a shocker as of late and Kevin N. isn't setting the world on fire, Keighran is now injured so the last/least option to fill that role is Smith. I hope we go to the market this year and look for a centre or perhaps look at who is coming thru our juniors.
                              Why not Suaali at Centre? The guys a physical beast and can hit hard in defense,

1.Teddy
                              2.Toops
                              3.Suaali
                              4.Manu
                              5.Billy.Smith

this would be lethal

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post

Why not Suaali at Centre? The guys a physical beast and can hit hard in defense,

1.Teddy
                                2.Toops
                                3.Suaali
                                4.Manu
                                5.Billy.Smith

this would be lethal
                                Yep, I agree and no doubt he will end up there soon. He's a very talented kid and when he gets his hands on the ball/gets more involved, he's a likely chance for a line break or coming up with something exciting in attack. His future position no doubt is at Fullback and like most skilful players in the past, most of have usually started on the wing, shifted to the centre and then ended up at Fullback.

Robbo also said two weeks ago in a post game presser that it's about giving Suaalii the exposure and experience of playing "all" positions in the backline. So he's doing his apprenticeship now on the wing but 100%, I would love to see him in centre and playing next to Toops.

Billy Smith would be good on the right wing as well !

Comment

Working...
                                X