How does our coach fix this>Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does our coach fix this>Form

We know Robbo is loyal and much more patient than us arm chair critics .
    Obviously an attitude adjustment is needed as I do not see the real hunger of previous years just patches of it and late game desperation.
    Do we need to drop the odd player and pick in form players from Norths ..quite possibly .
    Terrel May sounds the go ..not happy with Collins its like he is saving him self for Origin .
    Can not get much out of Taki either.
    I reckon the winger Carr and even the young bloke VK could get a run. Carr may be the safest option.
    Need to Put Sitilli back on the right our best forward so far.
    Angus needs to run in the middle more then on the outside his best work for us since joining is when he ran up the middle and a bit on the fringes.
    Next the forwards the main blame..always getting rolled on their back serving us massive slow play the balls )thats hunger ,desire and attitude).
    Hooker ..slow service and not thinking ahead ..Friend would hardly show what he was going to do..Verills has been giving him self up constantly so our plays along with the slow movement get nullified quickly .
    As for the halves I am a fan of reversing their roles and positions ...but lets no forget Keary until he done his leg was having blinders at halfback...Is Keary and Walker to similar to gel? Correct so we need to change them give Walker the run of the play and let Keary run the farken ball.
    Thats my take or maybe they just need more beers ..maybe they are jaded a bit from last year.
    Last edited by The Brain; 05-02-2022, 08:07 PM.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Walker went alright as our organiser last year. Keary is obviously struggling with it. Robbo expecting Keary to be the better option come finals time but we have to make the finals first.

Comment

Brain why don’t you use your connections to shout them all a bonding session at Glenmoore Road Brothel. I think a good old bonding session will help the team to focus on their footy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        Brain why don’t you use your connections to shout them all a bonding session at Glenmoore Road Brothel. I think a good old bonding session will help the team to focus on their footy.
        Those days are gone...lol ever since you and Mundine sold the place....lol
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I don't think there will be many (if any) changes to the side, as Robbo is loyal and will most likely persevere with the team that is currently being picked.
          It will be interesting to see how they perform in rounds 9 through 12.

Comment

I wonder how much fitness and injury is an issue within the squad?

I thought we were good, having not conceded a raft of points over the past two weeks, but it was only the dragons and dogs who in their second halves looked pretty gassed themselves.

Yet we did not come home against them.

The lack of support play with teddy on a half break only to throw no look passes to nobody is a concern.

You don't play consistent semi final footy in April, but not too many glimpses of it at all lately.

Are we getting enough minutes out of our forwards? Especially tauks. Young baker seems to have an ineffective 15 minutes and that's it.

Id like to see the Collinator rise again, he's more Shaun Kenny Collins atm. ACL recovery noted.

Cohesion and fitness, even a fitter younger player won't make a dent while they're not playing as a team, it's not because they don't want too.

I believe robbo has to really change (mostly attacking) tactics to better suit the players we have now, and their strengths plus their weaknesses.

No more cords, Liu morrises friend. Teams gotta be reworked, Keary has to make an absolute fist of halfback if he stays there. And therefore rads, walker and teddy must compliment that.

Bring Angus into the middle, he does nothing on that edge, just standing in tackles with no offload or quick PTB. Can't even get a 6 again the poor fella.

Unlock Manu. He's a freak but he has so much more to give rather than bulldozing 6 dudes from dh to score. His flick pass to broseph for the no try was sublime.

I hope they get it together soon, losing is one thing but they are hard to watch. Kinda boring really.

Shouldn't be with the talent in that team.

Comment

move keary back to pivot, walker to halfback, bill smith back to his center spot inside toops, fifita off the bench for a bit of punch up the middle,then watson straight back in when hes fit then give a couple of others a boot up the backside and away we go season saved.im not a deep thinker straight back to basics is the way to go got the tip on how to do it from old mate at the storm lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                We know Robbo is loyal and much more patient than us arm chair critics .
                Obviously an attitude adjustment is needed as I do not see the real hunger of previous years just patches of it and late game desperation.
                Do we need to drop the odd player and pick in form players from Norths ..quite possibly .
                Terrel May sounds the go ..not happy with Collins its like he is saving him self for Origin .
                Can not get much out of Taki either.
                I reckon the winger Carr and even the young bloke VK could get a run. Carr may be the safest option.
                Need to Put Sitilli back on the right our best forward so far.
                Angus needs to run in the middle more then on the outside his best work for us since joining is when he ran up the middle and a bit on the fringes.
                Next the forwards the main blame..always getting rolled on their back serving us massive slow play the balls )thats hunger ,desire and attitude).
                Hooker ..slow service and not thinking ahead ..Friend would hardly show what he was going to do..Verills has been giving him self up constantly so our plays along with the slow movement get nullified quickly .
                As for the halves I am a fan of reversing their roles and positions ...but lets no forget Keary until he done his leg was having blinders at halfback...Is Keary and Walker to similar to gel? Correct so we need to change them give Walker the run of the play and let Keary run the farken ball.
                Thats my take or maybe they just need more beers ..maybe they are jaded a bit from last year.

The play the ball average speed isn't slow though as they have been beaten only once in this department in the 8 games so far - Verm game - Verm 3.77 seconds vs Roosters 3.79 seconds - Dogs game - Dogs 3.44 seconds vs Roosters 2.79 seconds - season average 3.48 seconds.

Any problems with the dummy half are related to the halves combo not gelling with no one taking control of the team - Verrills or whoever are at 6's and 7's in who to pass the ball to - Keary or Walker.

Dummy halves need to run and be able to kick as well - Robbo doesn't like such dummy halves though - that view needs to change

Keary is not a 7 and should go back to playing 6 - whether it is a mental thing with the hype that the 7 runs and owns the team is affecting him I don't know. The comments that it's just a number doesn't ring true either.

Different team though when Keary played those first 2 games at half in 2021 and one has to say against poor opposition at the time - 46-4 vs Manly and 40-6 vs Wests Tigers - 3rd game wasn't so great in the 75 minutes he played

If you look back in time with Fittler at 5/8 playing with Adriam Lam/Craig Wing and B F at half.

No one could argue that Fittler wasn't the dominant half although it didn't stop Adrian Lam/Craig Wing and BF playing their game- they just worked it out which is something Keary and Walker need to do.

Like all teams Roosters favour the left side in attack -stats over time say that 70% or so of tries are scored on the left - the best attacking centre would play left centre and the better defending centre would play right centre (vs left side attack the 70% of tries).

In that case should Manu be moved to left centre as he is the best attacking centre in the club and Momirovski the better defender plays right centre ?

Sitili is playing left side as they favour the left side and he is a more mobile forward than Crichton is

JWH and SST need to play 2 sharp stints of 35 minutes duration or so - both start and rip in for 20 then off - the 2 prop replacements would play 45 or so minutes in their stints in the one go -last 20 of the first half and first 20-25 of the second half with JWH and SST replacing them for the last 15 or so of the match.

Until they improve set completions and reduce errors though they will put themselves under pressure defensively and scoreboard wise

Last edited by King Salvo; 05-02-2022, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Ive been watching a couple of replays, Radley is lost he doesn't know what to do, there is no attack from the halves in the middle going to the line and looking for rads and company to slip them a short ball , keary is actually playing out wide a lot its habit I'm not critizing Luke at all hes a great pivot probably still one of the best in the game. We are currently playing with 3 five eights no wonder were going side to side and getting picked off ,Robbo must know this hes to smart not to everybody that knows jack shit about rugby league knows it Joey Johns respectfully said a couple of things about the roosters attack the other day and robbo burred up about it which makes me worried that he is going to continue with this failed experiment. God help us when we play the storm and the cats if this shits still going on they will put 50 on us. if anyone reckons I'm overreacting to a couple of losses early in the season we've just been toweled up by the bulldogs for f**ks sake and i don't know about you guys but I've been copping shit about it since Saturday night. See what the deep thinker comes up with this week. cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                    move keary back to pivot, walker to halfback, bill smith back to his center spot inside toops, fifita off the bench for a bit of punch up the middle,then watson straight back in when hes fit then give a couple of others a boot up the backside and away we go season saved.im not a deep thinker straight back to basics is the way to go got the tip on how to do it from old mate at the storm lol.
                    100% agree

Comment

We looked so much better last year with half our team on the sidelines, makes no sense to me..

Very difficult and trying times, hope something changes soon..

Comment

I don't fully agree with size means everything, but it certainly does help. Collins has finger like butter at the moment, sitili can't read a defence, JWH has lost a step, and Baker can be good but looks sluggish. I suggest we drop Hutchsion, Nat , Collins and Baker for Tuku, DSF, Whyte and Egan. I really think highly of Tuku and think the sooner he's in the team the better

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
                          I don't fully agree with size means everything, but it certainly does help. Collins has finger like butter at the moment, sitili can't read a defence, JWH has lost a step, and Baker can be good but looks sluggish. I suggest we drop Hutchsion, Nat , Collins and Baker for Tuku, DSF, Whyte and Egan. I really think highly of Tuku and think the sooner he's in the team the better
                          Why Whyte when he isn’t standing out in reserve grade?

Don’t you think Egan should work on his match fitness at Norths for a couple of weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                            We looked so much better last year with half our team on the sidelines, makes no sense to me..

Very difficult and trying times, hope something changes soon..
                            Last year we weren’t complacent and knew we had to work hard for a win. This year they look from side to side and see superstars everywhere so they just expect to win without rolling up their sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
                              Sitili has missed 17 tackles in 8 games - played full 80 minutes in 7 of these and 43 minutes vs Manly - not even 2 missed tackles a game on average

Comment

Working...
                              X