How does our coach fix this>Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Sitili has missed 17 tackles in 8 games - played full 80 minutes in 7 of these and 43 minutes vs Manly - not even 2 missed tackles a game on average
    Are you sure that’s not 17 dropped balls in 8 games?

Feels like it.

I just think his hair gets in his eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Feels like it.

Lucky the Easts Leagues Club doesn't have that rule of no admittance for males with hair below/past their collar anymore.

I remember when the Kangaroos came back from the World Cup in 1975 that when they landed in Singapore Ian Schubert had to have a hair cut as long hair for males was banned in Singapore.
      Last edited by King Salvo; 05-02-2022, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Feels like it.

Handling Errors
        • Sitili 10
        • Manu 8
        • Tedesco 7
        I think some people watch a different game as what they say is not what the stats show
        Last edited by King Salvo; 05-02-2022, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Two tries for a total of 10 points were gifted by the roosters. Keary’s missed kick for touch from a penalty led to a dogs try. Then soon after, Walker throws an interception resulting in another try. It’s not as if Walker hasn’t done this before and got intercepted.giving any team easy points is going to have us play catch up footy.
          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Sitili has missed 17 tackles in 8 games - played full 80 minutes in 7 of these and 43 minutes vs Manly - not even 2 missed tackles a game on average
            its not his tackles which are the problem. its his defensive reads. too often hes leaving his centres and wings to deal with an over lap, and personally i feel like he's lazy getting off his line.

Comment

Why Whyte when he isn’t standing out in reserve grade?

Don’t you think Egan should work on his match fitness at Norths for a couple of weeks?
              hyte through the first few games of rg was phenomenal, but yes hes had a bit of a form dip the last few games. I do agree that egan needs to work his way up, so you keep nat as a placeholder for now. I still believe that Collins needs time in RG, as does Baker and Hutchison. We have two huge, quick, skilled front rowers who at least deserve a shot to prove themselves in Tuku and DSF. Bring em in, see what they can do, it can be no worse than the production that collins has done so far with butter all over his fingers

Comment

JWH and SST should start as props.
                Collins in second row with Gus.
                Hutch hooker.
                Radley at 13 for one more time.
                Walker and Keary banned from kicking on the 5th and from penalties...Burton to replace them for that.
                Oh, Burton doesn't play for us...well Keighran then.
                Walker banned from throwing long passes..did 2 shockers against the Dogs..
                Keary moved to 6, Walker to 7.
                Keighran 3.
                Bench:
                May, D-SF, Verrills, Sitili.
                Verrills to run from dummy half.

Our players to "referee the games" like other teams are doing.
                Throw their arms in the air in outrage at our players being flopped on or held down in tackles.
                Throw tantrums when penalised for being offside when they aren't and at other teams not being penalised for offside when they are.
                Well hey, it's workng for other teams.
                Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-03-2022, 02:32 AM.

Comment

"Originally posted bybondi.boy

Hutch hooker.

Keighran 3.
                  Bench:
                  May, D-SF, Verrills,

None of these things will happen.
                  I can feel it.

Comment

Interestingly enough, the Roosters website is currently running a montage "on the last time we played at Mackay" last year.
                    Part of that montage describes Hutch as "our hard running five- eighth"
                    Being a direct , hard runner means he will keep the opposition defences guessing as to whether he will run at them, and take them on, or pass to supports.
                    Probably enough to create some confusion in their defensive line.
                    Don't get me wrong , I think both Keary & Walker are exceptionally talented players, but both tend to crab sideways and try to link up with ball runners.
                    That's great when you have ball runners in your team.
                    But I think the Roosters have lost a few great Ball Runners in recent times- Cordner, Aubusson, Blake Ferguson, Latrell, B Moz just to name a few.
                    Which makes Keary and Walker's job even harder.
                    They will probably both rejoice when Brandon Smith comes along next year, and then they will look like world beaters
                    Also don't get me wrong, I do not think Hutch is the overall solution to our current problems.
                    I just thought he could be useful in ironing out some of our wrinkles.
                    And I am aware of his lack of pace - put him in the halves against a team like Cronulla, who have speedsters like Moylan & Hynes in their halves, and he could get burnt horribly for pace.
                    I guess I am not entirely sure of what I am implying.
                    Maybe just trust in Trent with the Keary/ Walker experiment, and hopefully see it boom over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                      Interestingly enough, the Roosters website is currently running a montage "on the last time we played at Mackay" last year.
                      Part of that montage describes Hutch as "our hard running five- eighth"
                      Being a direct , hard runner means he will keep the opposition defences guessing as to whether he will run at them, and take them on, or pass to supports.
                      Probably enough to create some confusion in their defensive line.
                      Don't get me wrong , I think both Keary & Walker are exceptionally talented players, but both tend to crab sideways and try to link up with ball runners.
                      That's great when you have ball runners in your team.
                      But I think the Roosters have lost a few great Ball Runners in recent times- Cordner, Aubusson, Blake Ferguson, Latrell, B Moz just to name a few.
                      Which makes Keary and Walker's job even harder.
                      They will probably both rejoice when Brandon Smith comes along next year, and then they will look like world beaters
                      Also don't get me wrong, I do not think Hutch is the overall solution to our current problems.
                      I just thought he could be useful in ironing out some of our wrinkles.
                      And I am aware of his lack of pace - put him in the halves against a team like Cronulla, who have speedsters like Moylan & Hynes in their halves, and he could get burnt horribly for pace.
                      I guess I am not entirely sure of what I am implying.
                      Maybe just trust in Trent with the Keary/ Walker experiment, and hopefully see it boom over the next few weeks.

I've lost trust in the Keary/ Walker experiment...completely.
                      Before he was tackled in the air, Walker, on the left side of the field, had just kicked on the 5th. He had his body angled off-centre, towards the sideline, so where did the ball finish up? way over the sideline on the full.
                      Wanna win games, our halves must be banned from kicking on the 5th and kicking for touch from penalties.
                      We cannot afford their mistakes.

If this year is just the first year in rehearsal for 2025 and winning games is not important, then experimenting with players and positions will be understood.
                      The Club should tell us which it is.
                      Winning now...or ... experimenting for 2025.

Adrian Lam has signed Fergo for his team in England.
                      Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-03-2022, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

hyte through the first few games of rg was phenomenal, but yes hes had a bit of a form dip the last few games. I do agree that egan needs to work his way up, so you keep nat as a placeholder for now. I still believe that Collins needs time in RG, as does Baker and Hutchison. We have two huge, quick, skilled front rowers who at least deserve a shot to prove themselves in Tuku and DSF. Bring em in, see what they can do, it can be no worse than the production that collins has done so far with butter all over his fingers
                        I am sorry I don’t recall Whyte being phenomenal at all the first couple of times he played for the Bears this season. He needs to be playing consistently good footy every week to be considered for NRL. He’s just not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                          JWH and SST should start as props.
                          Hutch hooker.
                          Radley at 13 for one more time.
                          Walker and Keary banned from kicking on the 5th and from penalties...Burton to replace them for that.
                          Oh, Burton doesn't play for us...well Keighran then.
                          Walker banned from throwing long passes..did 2 shockers against the Dogs..
                          Keighran 3.
                          Bench:
                          May, D-SF, Verrills, Sitili.
                          Verrills to run from dummy half.

Our players to "referee the games" like other teams are doing.
                          Throw their arms in the air in outrage at our players being flopped on or held down in tackles.
                          Throw tantrums when penalised for being offside when they aren't and at other teams not being penalised for offside when they are.
                          Well hey, it's workng for other teams.
                          You don’t want Collins too wide. He can’t move from side to side quick enough. Too slow.

Comment

You don’t want Collins too wide. He can’t move from side to side quick enough. Too slow.
                            We need a bigger team.
                            He used to be a second rower
                            I'd be having him running at the try line at pace out around the half/centre.
                            What we're doing now is not working....we lost our last two games...and will likely lose our next one if we don't change.
                            Put the same team on the field as last game, we'll likely get the same result.

Comment

don't know how the coach fixes it but i'm not the coach so it doesn't matter. robbo's a smart guy and adaptable and he'll work something out

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                                We looked so much better last year with half our team on the sidelines, makes no sense to me..
                                That's the strangest thing. Most obvious reason was young Sam was getting the side around....no Keary.

Surely that's a clear indication to drop his experiment and let Keary go back to playing eyes up football.
                                Back to the days when he would see something or create something by changing sides of the ruck.

Comment

Working...
                                X