Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Titans

We watch this game for entertainment. I want to see some big hits, some slick backline movement and some great support play. It’s been a while. We’ve been boring to watch.

On paper our side is capable of going a long way in this competition. Most sides should be easy beats for us and the Titans are no exception.

I’m sick of the hype around Melbourne and Penrith. We’re also a great side and it’s now time to prove this. Enough of the boring, tedious and predictable footy we’ve been playing. It’s time to put the competition on notice and prove to everyone that we aren’t a spent force. Enough of the “lots of players coming back from injury, they started pre-season later than usual” excuse. It’s time for a particular superstar to start making an impact.

Our season begins today. Let’s smash them.

GO ROOSTERS!

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-07-2022, 08:40 AM.

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    We watch this game for entertainment. I want to see some big hits, some slick backline movement and some great support play. It’s been a while. We’ve been boring to watch.

On paper our side is capable of going a long way in this competition. Most sides should be easy beats for us and the Titans are no exception.

I’m sick of the hype around Melbourne and Penrith. We’re also a great side and it’s now time to prove this. Enough of the boring, tedious and predictable footy we’ve been playing. It’s time to put the competition on notice and prove to everyone that we aren’t a spent force. Enough of the “lots of players coming back from injury, they started pre-season later than usual” excuse. It’s time for a particular superstar to start making an impact.

Our season begins today. Let’s smash them.

GO ROOSTERS!

Indeed.
    The first thing we should do is stop the opposition from scoring points.
    Part of that should be:

"Don't fall for their dummies...tackle the man with the ball".

Comment

looking forward to watching keary controlling the game in the middle a lot more .I reckon rads will have a big game he will play a lot straighter tonight, Sualli to also have a big game on the wing if they give him a bit of space out wide, We should win this. I was considering making the 3 hour drive and going to the game as i think the chooks havles will start to put it together today,S till think walker is a better 7 though.Go the chooks

Comment

I'll never understand why we move home games interstate, or anywhere for that matter. Coming of two losses and struggling to find form, make the Titans come and play at the SCG. Who cares if the crowd is small. Instead we move the game to Queensland? Madness.

Comment

I think we will be on tonight.and win quite easily.

But fark me the Storm & Panthers twice each in the near future has me thinking it's going to be horrific. We simply cant match their speed of play or urgency in the forwards or backs

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
            I'll never understand why we move home games interstate, or anywhere for that matter. Coming of two losses and struggling to find form, make the Titans come and play at the SCG. Who cares if the crowd is small. Instead we move the game to Queensland? Madness.
            The only logic I see in moving today's game to qld is Magic round is next week, all played at Suncorp. Maybe Robbo wanting to be in the same place for a couple of weeks to work on things.

On today's game, on paper we 'should 'win. But as it has shown recently with us, the opposite occurs. We are struggling with the basics. Keary needs to step up and control the game. Teddy trying to do everything, and they all get in each other's way. Expecting a much improved performance.

Titans are hot and cold. Nothing special.
            Easts by 8

Comment

i dont even know who to tip so ill go a draw ...go the roosters

Comment

I think we are a chance tonight. Latest odds are $1.40 v $2.99. When was the last time we won when the opposition were over $4. I can’t recall.

Comment

I just hope that we play for the full 80mins. We used to clock off after about 60mins. This season we haven't been clocking on until half time

Comment

Let’s hope they rock up at 530pm and not 7pm when it’s too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
                      I think we are a chance tonight. Latest odds are $1.40 v $2.99. When was the last time we won when the opposition were over $4. I can’t recall.
                      Gamble responsibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                        Nor do I, it short changes the supporters of games and gives up home ground advantage. I fail to see any benefit to it.

Comment

We are close to full strength and it's a big game for some of the players after losing to the dogs last week. We are about to play the cream in the comp and things are looking a bit grim when you compare the difference in quality of football we have been dishing up.
                          Titans haven't been going real good themselves but have a few dangerous players. The winger is tough to handle and big Tino has been leading them well.
                          Hoping to see an improvement from our forwards this week.
                          Easts to win

Comment

If we don't beat this mob then we are cooked goose's not Roosters .Fair dinkum have a crack and tackle hard , run hard and do the Jersey proud or go and play in the womens league

Comment

If we score more points than them, we should win.

Comment

Working...
                              X