No announcement yet.

The Myth…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kid will be a star when he grows into his body.
    I just hope he takes up that two year option.

Comment

I reckon JS will have a more successful career than Latrine. Caz he seems a little more level headed.

I also reckon Toops goes past Mini's try scoring record sometime next season

Comment

I kinda see where you're coming from - but I think the reality is he hasn't gotten much quality ball in good field position.

Playing outside some very dominant ball runners (i.e. Manu and Teddy) means it is harder to get involved, especially for a young inexperienced guy. Manu and Teddy are superstars and will generally take on rhe defence. Most of Sualli's runs are out of our own half, and for me he is impressing.

His defence and carries are great. Heaps more potential in attack and I think he'll end up in the centre's.

Comment

No I think he is getting better every week.

Comment

I seem to remember some people on here saying the same thing about Joey when he first came into the team. Just look at him now!

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
              I reckon JS will have a more successful career than Latrine. Caz he seems a little more level headed.

I also reckon Toops goes past Mini's try scoring record sometime next season
              Dave Brown scored 93 tries in 94 games for the Tri Colours as they were known back then - if he played 200 or 300 games how many tries would he have scored?

Top 5

Anthony Minichiello - 139 tries - 301 games
              * Daniel Tupou - 123 tries - 207 games
              Shaun Kenny-Dowall - 121 tries - 224 games
              Bill Mullins - 104 tries - 190 games
              Dave Brown - 93 tries - 94 games

* Current Player

Craig Fitzgibbon's most points for the Roosters of 1454 points - 229 games / Brad Fittler's 199 games as Captain and Ivan Cleary's most points in a season of 284 in 1998 will take some beating.
              Last edited by King Salvo; 05-08-2022, 01:05 AM.

Comment

For the guy that started this thread, this has got to be a stich up ? Yes/No ?
                In Suaalii's game against Saints he hit Bird in a try saving tackle, that completely dislodged the ball.
                Then, in heavy traffic, gets an inside ball to Manu who strolls over to score (I thinks its called a try-assist in modern language)
                Next game against the Dogs, shows aerial athleticism to outjump the Fox so easily, and score.
                Then backs it up in the last minute of the game, to have the nous to dive low into the corner (thereby avoiding the cover coming across) to get over the tryline.
                He almost got us out of jail.
                Tonight, two tries against the Titans.
                What more do you want?
                Suaalii is big, powerful ,athletic, and smart ,and has played just a few FG games of football. He is just 19? years old and will only get better.
                IMO his combination with Manu on the right is perfect.
                I think they are feeding off each other's ability.
                If I am Joey Manu, I am thinking that my winger can give me a decent inside ball, if need be.
                And if I am Manu, I am also thinking that if I get the ball to him, and he has just a little bit of space, the kid is good enough to finish it off.

Comment

Bansai Pipeline still doing the good work riling up the natives !

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                  To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                  At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                  Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                  The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

• The kid is only 18 and still growing/learning
                    • He's stuck on the right wing with very little involvement but when he does get his hands on the ball, he runs hard and when he's close to the line, he's always a strong chance
                    • Still gaining first grade experience/confidence
                    • Playing consistently well after a fairly lengthy lay-off and foot injury
                    • He has gone from playing SG ball level footy to a handful of games in Knock On Effect Cup and now playing first grade. His development through the lower grades has been fast tracked to say the least (it's a big jump).
                    • He will get better as he plays more and settles in

Comment

I can’t belive this thread has made it to 2 pages.

turks ‘wanker’ thread was more worthy.
                      Last edited by rented tracksuit; 05-08-2022, 06:20 AM.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                        I’ve yet to see much from Suallii to justify the substantial hype.

He’s certainly no Latrell or Manu, who both showed flashes of rough brilliance even in their early outings.

Is he more Moga than Manu?
                        He has only been on the field in first grade for 2 seconds.

If you were making the calls, the likes of RTS would have been shipped out after 3 games.

Don't be such a kneejerk

Comment

Out of all the legendary players Ive seen debut at 18.

I've never seen any look as solid, calm and also fearless in hitting the line than Sualli.

Yes he may not be setting the world on fire yet but he is hitting hard, running hard and showing the confidence of a vet and that I haven't seen before so early in the career.

He will become a legend if he can stay injury free.

Comment

I reckon his bed position will be right centre. But that ain't happening unless Manu is injured or wearing another jumper.
                            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I sorta get where you're coming from.
                              I don't think he is a winger. I can't wait to see what sort of passing game he has as a fullback, i think that's his spot

Comment

IMO what's telling is that he made some great defensive moves last night (showing lotsa maturity) and had lotsa really tough, gritty (rather than glam) ball carries. Then there's the two casual meat pies.

Right now I'm seeing him as being roughly equal to Tupou, aged 18 and coming off a serious foot injury. Unassuming, but highly impressive to already be showing that talent and composure. If you think JAC (who's in great form)... he was nowhere near as good until he'd had 1/2 a decade of practice, largely because his defence sucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X