No announcement yet.

The Myth…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i kind of agree , js hasnt had that stand out game or even moment of magic .

however i think robbo may have given him a brief of slw and stesdy improvement . stay on your wing , hit the ball up, d well, dont go ball hunting infield .

definitely looks firdt grade, but maybe not much magic for a season or 2 yet . kids 18 dont forget .

Comment

He’s only 18… plenty of time to improve. He’s been solid so far.

Comment

Hard to stand out when your on the wing…….

9 games into his NRL career and starting to finally lock down his spot and look FG quality and we’re already questioning him…. My god this place is a ramble

Comment

He's been given a very defined role - make yards from the kick return and be ready on the wing for kicks and passes. Other than breaking through the defensive line and scoring every kick return, there's not much more he could do. He hasn't been told to go roaming in-field for opportunities yet, but that may well come (once we sort the clunkiness in our attack and the combinations settle).

He's being developed for something more and he's doing just fine.

Comment

I kinda get The Pipe...the kid is only 18..he has been given the simple role of a winger learning the basics of first grade...will be groomed to take over Teddy one day... is scoring his meat pies so that will do for now .
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

he's looking good. i guess there's no guarantee he's going to be a superstar but of what player who has played less than ten games can you say that?
              he's not 19 and could easily put on another 10 kilos of muscle - he'll be breaking a lot more tackles then.

Comment

In five years or so once Teddy and Kez call time, we could potentially have a spine of JS @ Fullback, Manu & Walker in the halves and Brandon S @ hooker. By that stage all with over 100 games of FG experience

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                  I’ve yet to see much from Suallii to justify the substantial hype.

He’s certainly no Latrell or Manu, who both showed flashes of rough brilliance even in their early outings.

Is he more Moga than Manu?
                  What do you reckon he can go with Robinson at years end

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Dave Brown scored 93 tries in 94 games for the Tri Colours as they were known back then - if he played 200 or 300 games how many tries would he have scored?

Top 5

Anthony Minichiello - 139 tries - 301 games
                    * Daniel Tupou - 123 tries - 207 games
                    Shaun Kenny-Dowall - 121 tries - 224 games
                    Bill Mullins - 104 tries - 190 games
                    Dave Brown - 93 tries - 94 games

* Current Player

Craig Fitzgibbon's most points for the Roosters of 1454 points - 229 games / Brad Fittler's 199 games as Captain and Ivan Cleary's most points in a season of 284 in 1998 will take some beating.
                    If Sam Walker plays out his career with us I dare say he goes past Fitzy's point scoring record. He's only 19, with probably 13-14 years minimum left in the game (probably more with modern health science). 100 points per season is definitely achievable for a good goalkicker who plays for a top team

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                      I’ve yet to see much from Suallii to justify the substantial hype.

He’s certainly no Latrell or Manu, who both showed flashes of rough brilliance even in their early outings.

Is he more Moga than Manu?
                      OK man that's what you reckon. But you never really said what you want from the young bloke ?

Man he's 18 a few games in, he's quick, athletic, as good hands and in a side that honestly is error riddled.

Reckon you need to give him a fair shot but I'll be backing him in 100%.

Comment

Fullback is definitely going to be Joe's position, think he's on a similar trajectory to RTS who played on the wing for 50 odd games before Mini retired. Joe probably won't fill-in for Teddy during Origin this season but I'd expect it in 2024 which could be Tedesco's last season with us.

Comment

i hope teddy plays beyond '24. he's just turned 29 and you'd figure he's got more than a couple of years left in him and he wants to play out his career with us. hopefully suaalii takes the extension option - and it sounds like he will - and then we'll have a better idea of the lay of the land in a few more years time. keary said he probably won't play beyond '24 so we'll be needing a 5/8.

Comment

We don’t know if he’s quick cause he’s not yet been in space.

Cobbo! Now that’s a superstar in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              We don’t know if he’s quick cause he’s not yet been in space.

Cobbo! Now that’s a superstar in the making.
                              1 million percent.
                              Ive posted a few times that he is in the the Latrell Inglis class. I bet my house on it that he plays SOO & for Australia. I think he will excel at centre & FB.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                                Bansai Pipeline still doing the good work riling up the natives !
                                Ther you are. I was just wondering when you'd show up. And I agree about Bansia

Comment

Working...
                                X