Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker

Just a quicky. I ran into Chris Walker yesterday. Poor bugger has 2 broken legs. A shipping container landed on him. One legs pretty good but the other still getting surgeries.
    nice to have a chat and reminise over the 2003 ref debarcle.
    Anyhow we talked every thing Sam and he and the family are super impressed with where he is in his career and what hes bringing to the game. Roosters were his best choice.
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Sammy needs a spell in reserves or reining in to be quite frank. He is taking this eyes up football too far and coming up with some really silly plays. When it comes off it looks spectacular but he’s putting too much pressure on the team when we should be grinding things out. If we’re twenty in front, different story but some of the things he is trying are being done when the game is on a knife’s edge e.g stupid kicks on the second tackle? This isn’t QLD cup ffs.

I personally think this is why we are struggling. Sam and some of the others are looking for the easy way to win the game from the onset.
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Pretty sad to hear about his legs... I hope he can recover fully. Sounds pretty terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
        Sammy needs a spell in reserves or reining in to be quite frank. He is taking this eyes up football too far and coming up with some really silly plays. When it comes off it looks spectacular but he’s putting too much pressure on the team when we should be grinding things out. If we’re twenty in front, different story but some of the things he is trying are being done when the game is on a knife’s edge e.g stupid kicks on the second tackle? This isn’t QLD cup ffs.

I personally think this is why we are struggling. Sam and some of the others are looking for the easy way to win the game from the onset.
        Are you fair dinkum? Thank god you’re not coach

Comment

Deadset Sam Walker needs to get the phantom high tackles outta his game.

Comment

good to hear the walker family like him at the roosters. yep, sammy looks the goods.

Comment

It's been raised elsewhere but WTF was with that call on him?
              1. Gets wrongly penalised for a head high tackle after he's put a dominant tackle on a forward.
              2. A few minutes later he runs ~50m then gets sent off for a compulsory HIA (which he passes).

If the game was tight, I woulda been pretty p!ssed off about the ref's interventions there (plus the Bunker's lack of intervention given they can say 'eeerm... we've reviewed it and there was no penalty, dude').

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                1. Gets wrongly penalised for a head high tackle after he's put a dominant tackle on a forward.
                2. A few minutes later he runs ~50m then gets sent off for a compulsory HIA (which he passes).

If the game was tight, I woulda been pretty p!ssed off about the ref's interventions there (plus the Bunker's lack of intervention given they can say 'eeerm... we've reviewed it and there was no penalty, dude').
                thats fcuked the flunkers call on hia from sydney. Why dont the have an on field (side line) independent doctor to make these decisions. That call robbed us from our momentum of attack(tackle 3) from a break away. but instead we give the titts a rest and reset while sam walks around going wtf.
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Actually agree with you somewhat (aside from dropping him to reserves). Others with rose tinted glasses might not be able to accept it - but at times Sam does play with a little too much freedom to the detriment of the team.

Biggest difference in the Titans game, in attack, was we played a lot straighter and deeper into the line. The prior weeks Sam threw about 5 or 6 rainbow balls to our wingers. Too many sides expect it now. He needs to reign that in.

And last night he did reign it in.

No doubt in my mind the coaches told Kez and Sam to stop the side-to-side dumb shit and actually play with more patience and structure. Teddy confirmed the part about our coaches demanding more patience too. Sam needs to learn that part of his game and not go back to throwing cut out passes to our wing every set.

Comment

I would like to see him play short a little more often, which in turn will make his long ball more effective

Comment

One day we will agree on a footy issue mate, but not yet here.

We need Walkers unpredictability and 'have a go' attitude now more than ever. He's making great progress.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

It was in the play after his tackle. JWH puts a late high tackle on. You can see where the penalty is given. The commentators had NFI what they were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

One day we will agree on a footy issue mate, but not yet here.

We need Walkers unpredictability and 'have a go' attitude now more than ever. He's making great progress.
                          If we need a low risk, more predictable half, we could arrange a player swap and trade him for Flanagan.

Comment

I suppose like the Kenny Rogers Song Walker needs to

You've got to know when to hold 'em
                            Know when to fold 'em
                            Know when to walk away
                            And know when to run

Comment

he's so smart. a couple of things from last night -
                              in the first half he makes a break and support is no where near him and as he goes down in the tackle he takes a quick glance behind him to make sure the dummy half is on his way.
                              when he made his break from the intercept down the right he somehow managed to link up with the nearest player - toops on the left wing.

Comment

Working...
                              X