No announcement yet.

Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd, I thought he was extremely good last night. I think he has been improving, and choosing his moments better. He still has the odd rush of blood, but by and large he seems to be getting a lot better in my eyes, and playing quite well.

Comment

he copes better with pressure than pearce did
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        It's been raised elsewhere but WTF was with that call on him?
        1. Gets wrongly penalised for a head high tackle after he's put a dominant tackle on a forward.
        2. A few minutes later he runs ~50m then gets sent off for a compulsory HIA (which he passes).

If the game was tight, I woulda been pretty p!ssed off about the ref's interventions there (plus the Bunker's lack of intervention given they can say 'eeerm... we've reviewed it and there was no penalty, dude').
        For me that 50m break by Walker was the highlight of the game as was his awesome, brilliant tackle. Walker is one of our match winners so we can EXPECT him to be targeted by the referee and bunker and wrong decisions against him to be made such as the HIA.
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

For me that 50m break by Walker was the highlight of the game as was his awesome, brilliant tackle. Walker is one of our match winners so we can EXPECT him to be targeted by the referee and bunker and wrong decisions against him to be made such as the HIA.
          Agreed mate - it was at a clutch moment too, where the Titans were still able to mount a comeback if we stuffed around. Great character there!

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
            Sammy needs a spell in reserves or reining in to be quite frank. He is taking this eyes up football too far and coming up with some really silly plays. When it comes off it looks spectacular but he’s putting too much pressure on the team when we should be grinding things out. If we’re twenty in front, different story but some of the things he is trying are being done when the game is on a knife’s edge e.g stupid kicks on the second tackle? This isn’t QLD cup ffs.

I personally think this is why we are struggling. Sam and some of the others are looking for the easy way to win the game from the onset.

Because of the massive effort he makes and all the knocks he takes, being so little, I’d give him a week off now and again but never ever drop him. He’s even won games for us single handedly and how about his great improvement with goal kicking! We are struggling because of players like Momorovski who drops every high ball and frequently knocks on as well as his mate Collins. Walker’s game is beyond reproach.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

sammy will never play reserves again in his career

Comment

Some unfair criticism for young Sammy I reckon. The kid is 19 years okld and already has won us a handful of games with his eyes up play in his short career. The bloke is a future superstar and over time he will bulk and improve his defence (his defensive technique is fine, he is just too small at the moment).

More importantly, he'll know when and when not to pull the trigger on hail mary plays. Its a work in progress with him and we have Coops in his ear every week.
                The future is bright with young Sammy.

Comment

He was my number 2 on points last night behind Teddy. There is absolutely no reason to drop him. He's been in our top 3 players this season, and has won us games on singlehanded brilliance. Ridiculous that this has even been brought up

Comment

Walker will be in the run on side every week unless he is injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

One day we will agree on a footy issue mate, but not yet here.

We need Walkers unpredictability and 'have a go' attitude now more than ever. He's making great progress.
                      We are playing in moments rather than trying to control the game. With our confidence so down at the moment, I personally believe we should be grinding out games and choosing the time or field positioning to perhaps push the pass. When did we suddenly become the team to throw a 50/50 ball or unload in tackles in our own 30 metre line? We weren’t doing this years ago when we were winning trophies. Why do it now?

Look at our error count. Probably one of the highest in the league. How do you fix things like that? Simplify your game. At least until we are playing good footy again.

Kicking on the second tackle in the opposition’s half? Try that when you’re 20 up. Not when the game is tight.
                      Last edited by Roosterfarian; 05-08-2022, 08:02 PM.
                      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

How good was his goal kicking. Most from the sideline.

Comment

Sammy needs a spell in reserves or reining in to be quite frank. He is taking this eyes up football too far and coming up with some really silly plays. When it comes off it looks spectacular but he’s putting too much pressure on the team when we should be grinding things out. If we’re twenty in front, different story but some of the things he is trying are being done when the game is on a knife’s edge e.g stupid kicks on the second tackle? This isn’t QLD cup ffs.

I personally think this is why we are struggling. Sam and some of the others are looking for the easy way to win the game from the onset.
                          Couldn’t disagree more, Walker is making a handful of mistakes and like all young halves is a little kick happy at the moment but is doing enough good work that he’s still a net positive for the side. His running game of late has been brilliant and he’s shutting down a lot of plays in defence which is going unnoticed, tracking back for the grubber kick and taking an intercept were both big plays for us defensively and his running game gave us a lot of momentum last night.

He’s not going to learn anything going back to reserve grade, it’s such a low level that he would get away with playing even more reckless. The best place for him to learn his lessons right now is in First Grade as it’s unforgiving beast and he will learn the hard way.

The only reason I would drop or give Walker a rest is if we saw him stop playing what he see’s and loses that flair like we saw at the backend of last year, that would be a bigger concern for me than him chancing his hand and getting it wrong on a few occasions.

To put it simply he’s still getting it more right than he is wrong. He is far from our problem and you could quite reasonably put an argument together that we would be on less competition points without him.

Comment

Good call mate Imagine how much the bears would have won by yesterday

Comment

Glad I live rent free in that thick head of yours.

If you read my post PROPERLY, you would see that I said he does it when the team is under pressure when what is needed at that time is composure not low percentage so lays especially in our own half.
                              Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Glad I live rent free in that thick head of yours.

If you read my post PROPERLY, you would see that I said he does it when the team is under pressure when what is needed at that time is composure not low percentage so lays especially in our own half.
                                let’s just be great full he was playing first grade today

Comment

Working...
                                X