No announcement yet.

Upcoming draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing what a good result can do… so glad the negative posts of doom & gloom, sack the coach, drop him, get him, we’re fkd etc etc have stopped for this week at least. No one intentionally goes out there to lose any games… some days are diamonds, some days are rocks! Just roll with the punches!!!

RWB!

Comment

Looking forward to this week's game against Parra. That should be a good yard stick for where we are at the moment, and if we can lift against the better teams. Seems we haven't beat a top 4 quality side in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        We'll rue those diabolical losses to the Knights, Dragons and Bulldogs.

We should be 8-1 and well positioned for this tough run. Three inexcusable losses.
        I hope you are wrong….but it is likely you could be right
        Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          The next 7 games will give us all a good idea about where the Chooks sit this year.
          Parra at Suncorp, Penrith at the SCG, Cronulla at Cronulla, Raiders in Canberra, Storm at the SCG, Parra at Parra & Panthers at Penrith.
          For me if the Chooks win 4 of those games they can make the top 4 if they win 6 games they can win the comp.
          I see one win.

We can't make the eight.

Comment

Yep, the sky is falling. Time for all the snowflakes to melt away. No reason we can't win 4 of those 7 which will probably keep us in 6th spot.

Comment

We seem to thrash Parra (and Tigers) quite a lot in the last 20 years. They seem to be our bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                Yep, the sky is falling. Time for all the snowflakes to melt away. No reason we can't win 4 of those 7 which will probably keep us in 6th spot.
                Welcome back. Where you been?

Comment

The draw is never going to be fair, some years we get a dream run and others we get a bad one like this season, happens to every team.

The only way around it is get the comp up to 20 teams and play each other once alternating home and away each year.
                  Playing some team twice and others once is never going to be fair, Cowboys prove that while they beat Parra in an upset the rest of their wins hasn't really been against quality teams.
                  Have origin as a stand alone without club games that week.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Welcome back. Where you been?
                    Thankyou. I turned 70 at the end of February, and I had lived in the same area for 40 years, always in nice homes, but I decided I needed a change of scene, so 7 weeks ago I sold my house in Thornlands and moved into a unit at Runaway Bay. I am just renting here and will have to move again in September, because I have now bought a unit on Ephraim Island at Paradise Point.

But there has been lots of stuff going on with the move, so was kept quite busy. I bought a boat, got a marina berth, started going to the gym regularly, got involved in more social activities. They have regular bbq's here, plus a pool night every Thursday, and a coffee catch up weekly, plus other regular social events so that's been good for me as I have lived on my own for many years.

I haven't had much to say about our mediocre start to the season, but some teething issues were to be expected when we lost so much experience in Boyd, Jake, the Moz's, and had guys coming back from major injury who hadn't played together.

We have looked clunky, more like a team of champions than a champion team, but I think it will sort itself out over the next few weeks, and I can see us beating anyone once we start to really gel.

Teddy is a champion, along with Manu, Toops, Kez, Rads, Angus, TKO and Jazz.

The young blokes like Suaali, Sam, both potential stars, plus Baker, E Butcher and a few others will continue to improve.

And the workers like Momi, Butch, Watson, and others all add to the mix.

This comp is wide open, and we are right in it along with Melbourne, Penrith, Parra, Sharks, Manly, Cowboys.

Injury and suspensions will play a big part in who wins it, but I reckon we can make the top 4, and if we are fit in the finals, we are as good a chance as anyone.

Comment

I actually love it am excited.. we’ll know exactly where we are at and whether robbo needs to be sacked with walker

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post

I see one win.

We can't make the eight.
                        Against who?
                        Im thinking your thinking the one win will be against the Raiders but mate that’s gonna be a very hard match in Canberra.
                        The Chooks have a good enough side to beat Parra this week end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Against who?
                          Im thinking your thinking the one win will be against the Raiders but mate that’s gonna be a very hard match in Canberra.
                          The Chooks have a good enough side to beat Parra this week end.
                          Canberra will no doubt play like premiership contenders that weekend. We’ll have to be good to get the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Thankyou. I turned 70 at the end of February, and I had lived in the same area for 40 years, always in nice homes, but I decided I needed a change of scene, so 7 weeks ago I sold my house in Thornlands and moved into a unit at Runaway Bay. I am just renting here and will have to move again in September, because I have now bought a unit on Ephraim Island at Paradise Point.

But there has been lots of stuff going on with the move, so was kept quite busy. I bought a boat, got a marina berth, started going to the gym regularly, got involved in more social activities. They have regular bbq's here, plus a pool night every Thursday, and a coffee catch up weekly, plus other regular social events so that's been good for me as I have lived on my own for many years.

I haven't had much to say about our mediocre start to the season, but some teething issues were to be expected when we lost so much experience in Boyd, Jake, the Moz's, and had guys coming back from major injury who hadn't played together.

We have looked clunky, more like a team of champions than a champion team, but I think it will sort itself out over the next few weeks, and I can see us beating anyone once we start to really gel.

Teddy is a champion, along with Manu, Toops, Kez, Rads, Angus, TKO and Jazz.

The young blokes like Suaali, Sam, both potential stars, plus Baker, E Butcher and a few others will continue to improve.

And the workers like Momi, Butch, Watson, and others all add to the mix.

This comp is wide open, and we are right in it along with Melbourne, Penrith, Parra, Sharks, Manly, Cowboys.

Injury and suspensions will play a big part in who wins it, but I reckon we can make the top 4, and if we are fit in the finals, we are as good a chance as anyone.
                            Good to see you back mate.

I see you got a win in the Supercoach league too

Comment

Another Gold Coaster.
                              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

We’ll chew out a few and come home with a wet sail

Comment

Working...
                                X