Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave Walker at 5/8

I'm liking it.....

He is a good ball runner and that is what got us well and truly over the line on the evening. Great short kicking game, he can still direct play around the park but Keary's combination with Teddy is well & truly getting better now.

His defence is getting better as well, that intercept was a great read and was gutsy but it also tells you that he has a solid footy brain!!!! It may be the way to go, if we can continue to complete our sets and have a 80% completion rate with out forwards continuing to run up the centre than this switch is good coaching then.

Happy for it to continue and now just wait for all the insults from the keyboard warriors here LOL

It’s about Keary as well. Are we getting optimal use out of both of them? At the moment….no. Happy to leave them where they are as long as keep in the 8 and competitive with the pack. If that starts to slip, calls will have to be made.
    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Give them time and they will click in their respective positions and roles. Keary is the main man in the spine and once he's firing on all cylinders, Walker will no doubt get even better !

Comment

Doesn't matter what number they wear. They just have to click together and link with the outside backs and Teddy. They are both very similar players. Walker really impresses me with his guts, eyes up attitude, speed andkicking and passing game.... the kid can be anything.

Comment

Sounds a lot better than Roosterfarians drop him idea

Comment

yeah, it doesn't matter what number they wear. i'm a dyed-in-the-wool robbo fan but not sure he got it right talking up the wearing of the number 7 jersey as being all important but having done the talking up he can't change the numbers this season. that doesn't meat that sam and luke can't both take control of the team when the ball bounces that way.
            last week was keary's best game and it's exciting times ahead. we're going to give this sunday a real shake.

Comment

Keary and Walker will stay as they are for the time being, so Walker is our current number 6, maybe this year , and next.
              However, I really do see Walker, long term, with a number 7 on his back.
              Ideally, I think the best type of player to fill the number 6 jersey is the Brad Fittler, Brett Kenny, Matt Moylan, Munster type of players.
              The ones, when they get into open space, have speed to burn.
              When Walker took that intercept against the Titans, he was in open space, you knew he was going to get herded in by the Titans defence.
              That's despite him stepping the fullback.
              He had to run 80 metres, he looked out of sorts, and not sure what he needed to do.
              Creative, Yes, with a great sidestep and great passing game, but not overly fast.
              Number 7 for me.

Comment

I would rather Walker at No 7.

Comment

Give him a #23 so that he plays like Jordan, since jersey numbers are so important to some.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                    Keary and Walker will stay as they are for the time being, so Walker is our current number 6, maybe this year , and next.
                    However, I really do see Walker, long term, with a number 7 on his back.
                    Ideally, I think the best type of player to fill the number 6 jersey is the Brad Fittler, Brett Kenny, Matt Moylan, Munster type of players.
                    The ones, when they get into open space, have speed to burn.
                    When Walker took that intercept against the Titans, he was in open space, you knew he was going to get herded in by the Titans defence.
                    That's despite him stepping the fullback.
                    He had to run 80 metres, he looked out of sorts, and not sure what he needed to do.
                    Creative, Yes, with a great sidestep and great passing game, but not overly fast.
                    Number 7 for me.
                    Did you just mention Moylan and speed in the same sentence??? Maybe years ago, now he is one of the slow halves in the comp

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                      Give him a #23 so that he plays like Jordan, since jersey numbers are so important to some.
                      Or Cronk

Comment

and lod in the 2013 gf

Comment

Working...
                        X