Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQUAD v EELS

24 MAN SQUAD v EELS

A much needed win last week, with some signs of the attack improving, but still plenty to work on. A big challenge against the Eels if they reproduce last weeks form, let's hope they bring the tripe they dished up the week before.

Team changes are limited to Lindsay replaced by SST in the run on side, Verrills with Watson. DSF added to the bench. Atoni out of the extended squad, with Hau Tapuha coming in.

We have a pretty good record against the Eels, and a good record in Qld this year. I'm thinking we just might spring an upset here that could prove the catalyst for a much improved Roosters going forward.

GO EASTS !!

ROOSTERS:
    1. Teddy
    2. Tupou
    3. Momirovski
    4. Manu
    5. Suaalii
    6. Walker
    7. Keary
    8. JWH
    9. Watson
    10. SST
    11. Crichton
    12. Tupouniua
    13. Radley

INTERCHANGE:
    14. Hutchison
    15. Baker
    16. Butcher
    17. DSF

RESERVES:
    18. Lam
    19. Marschke
    20. Whyte
    21. Thomas
    22. Naiqama
    23. Keighran
    24. Hau Tapuha
    Last edited by Waylander; 05-10-2022, 05:48 PM.

JWH & SST will need to have huge games to give us a shot this week

Comment

We match them in the forwards. We kill them in the backs. We have better halves. They have the better bench. Games aren’t won on paper. We turn up we win.

Comment

Side looks solid ... I wish we were able to utilise Watson properly as a utility through the middle but unfortunately he is stuck acting as a hooker. Hopefully Marschke does get a crack into the side at some point where we can use Watson as the intended utility off the bench. Don't mind Hutch as he is a big body but his service out of dummy half is basic and sometimes can look sluggish.

I think with our forwards, just to have a balance, JWH to start with Baker ... DSF and SST to come off the bench. I'm not sure if tactically it'll be a good idea to have both of our top/veteran forwards starting at the same time and resting on the bench at the same time where you'd have both young DSF and Baker on the field.
        Last edited by DP1990; 05-10-2022, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Thoughts on if Marshke started and Watson came from the bench? Doubt it happens, but bit fed up with this Hutchison experiment. Marshke an out and out hooker, and Watson can be better utilised off the bench. Thought he looked good for us last season, showed mongrel and had a decent passing game. Maybe Robbo sees something at training that I’m not. Probably will go same old this weekend, start Hutch for 20-25 then bring Watson on.

Comment

I'd start with Marschke, have Connor on the bench and drop Hutch. He is our only recognised hooker and performed admirably last year for his first season.

We need someone who at the very least can pass well AND defend solidly. Think he can get the job done.
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by tloos1999 View Post
              Thoughts on if Marshke started and Watson came from the bench? Doubt it happens, but bit fed up with this Hutchison experiment. Marshke an out and out hooker, and Watson can be better utilised off the bench. Thought he looked good for us last season, showed mongrel and had a decent passing game. Maybe Robbo sees something at training that I’m not. Probably will go same old this weekend, start Hutch for 20-25 then bring Watson on.
              I agree

Comment

For the doomsayers:
                # EELS CHOOKS
                8 115 108
                9 86 89
                10 123 108
                11 110 102
                12 108 101
                13 104 92
                Total 646 600

Comment

Got a feeling we will give our best shove of the year, and will need to. Should be an absorbing game.

I'd play Lam at 14 for Hutch personally, never let's us down in that role, can offer a bit more zip. Gives us 3 smaller bodies in the spine though.

Comment

So E Butcher and Smith not named on the extended list.

Comment

i'm hoping watson doesn't start - let him come on after 20 and provide some spark. take your pick about who's the best option to start at 9

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                        So E Butcher and Smith not named on the extended list.
                        Both named to start for the Bears though
                        Egan at lock

Comment

We will beat Parra, they will struggle to back up after the Penrith game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post

Both named to start for the Bears though
                            Egan at lock
                            Well that’s good news.

Comment

I noticed Vuate Karawalevu hasn’t been named for the bears this week. He has scored 5 tries in the last 2 weeks. Exciting prospect.
                              anyone know if he is injured?

Comment

Working...
                              X