SQUAD v EELS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nayfo View Post
    I noticed Vuate Karawalevu hasn’t been named for the bears this week. He has scored 5 tries in the last 2 weeks. Exciting prospect.
    anyone know if he is injured?
    You would think he might be, but Billy Smith and Keighran are back so could have been the odd man out. I'd play him ahead of Kev myself.

Good to see Jess Marschke back too, looked good last year.

Comment

Panthers scored their tries out wide.
      We should do fhe same.

Comment

Originally posted by tloos1999 View Post
        Thoughts on if Marshke started and Watson came from the bench? Doubt it happens, but bit fed up with this Hutchison experiment. Marshke an out and out hooker, and Watson can be better utilised off the bench. Thought he looked good for us last season, showed mongrel and had a decent passing game. Maybe Robbo sees something at training that I’m not. Probably will go same old this weekend, start Hutch for 20-25 then bring Watson on.
        Agree !

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
          i'm hoping watson doesn't start - let him come on after 20 and provide some spark. take your pick about who's the best option to start at 9
          Ben Marschke because he's the only genuine Hooker we have in our 30 man roster ! He did a great job there last season and this is definitely one key aspect in our spine where we have a disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
            So E Butcher and Smith not named on the extended list.
            both named at Norths
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

You would think he might be, but Billy Smith and Keighran are back so could have been the odd man out. I'd play him ahead of Kev myself.

Good to see Jess Marschke back too, looked good last year.
              Vuate Karawalevu is currently playing for the Kaiviti Silktails in the Ron Massey Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post

Ben Marschke because he's the only genuine Hooker we have in our 30 man roster ! He did a great job there last season and this is definitely one key aspect in our spine where we have a disadvantage.
                Agree.
                Marschke is in the Jake Friend toughness class

Comment

The intensity of that Penriff game was very high and Parra will do well to come close to that level against us. On the contrary, we were in a fairly breezy game last week against a spineless GC side. That could help or hinder us.
                  I am glad Connor is back. Sucks we can't get a solid run with him and Sam V in the team at the minute, I think they would combine well sharing the hooking role. Also good to see young DSF get a chance. Hoping he has a good one.

C'mon EASTS!

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
                    The intensity of that Penriff game was very high and Parra will do well to come close to that level against us. On the contrary, we were in a fairly breezy game last week against a spineless GC side. That could help or hinder us.
                    I am glad Connor is back. Sucks we can't get a solid run with him and Sam V in the team at the minute, I think they would combine well sharing the hooking role. Also good to see young DSF get a chance. Hoping he has a good one.

C'mon EASTS!
                    I think Watson will be used more as a running 14 when both he and Verrills are fit and in the 17. It's only then we will see the true impact Watson can have. I think he is an average 9 at best but this isn't why he was purchased

Comment

I woud be starting Radley at hooker for the first 20 minutes and start Butcher at lock. Drop Hutchinson and bring in Tukupa Hau Tapuha onto the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post

Vuate Karawalevu is currently playing for the Kaiviti Silktails in the Ron Massey Cup.
                        He scored 3 tries for the Bears last week didn't he? Also scored 2 the week before that and 1 the week before. I haven't been watching but it would seem he's a regular Bears player?

IMO he's above Ron Massey Cup standard as he's on an NRL contract and playing for the bears.
                        Last edited by ism22; 05-11-2022, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I thought Butcher was solid on the edge and Sitili was strong in the middle off the bench, I wouldn't see the need to change that.

Comment

If the roosters win this it changes everything.
                            A week is a long time in rugby league but a fortnight is a lifetime.
                            The Roosters will be all the rage again after all the doom and gloom after the Bulldogs loss...

I dont think the Titans win was that convincing, smith and Kelly should have got man of the match for the roosters. They let in some very easy trys.
                            but it was a win and hopefully the chooks keep improving .

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                              If the roosters win this it changes everything.
                              A week is a long time in rugby league but a fortnight is a lifetime.
                              The Roosters will be all the rage again after all the doom and gloom after the Bulldogs loss...

I dont think the Titans win was that convincing, smith and Kelly should have got man of the match for the roosters. They let in some very easy trys.
                              but it was a win and hopefully the chooks keep improving .
                              How does Will Smith keep getting a contract

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He scored 3 tries for the Bears last week didn't he? Also scored 2 the week before that and 1 the week before. I haven't been watching but it would seem he's a regular Bears player?

IMO he's above Ron Massey Cup standard as he's on an NRL contract and playing for the bears.
                                Mate, yes to everything you said and I agree but most recently he played for the Silktails so it appears as though he's in that side/comp.

Perhaps he requires more fine-tuning and experience before stepping up and playing for the Bears more consistently ?!

Here's some reading in relation:

Link 1: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...572f8dd51bb6d1

Link 2: https://www.playrugbyleague.com/Comp...ktails-3811167

Comment

Working...
                                X