Salary Cap issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Cap issues

On 360 tonight buzz was reporting that we are very tight with cap for next season. Angus cannot sign on the dotted line as it will tip our cap over and so we’re looking to shed.. then they discussed keary and how he could be the problem.

Thoughts?

They will run with the Keary story for as long as they can until they’ve milked it dry from every angle. Ignore it.

No one in their right mind is releasing Keary to fit Crichton into the squad.

Comment

Doubt it’s as bad as beetroot cheeks has made it out to be.
      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

I thought we let volkman and Lussick go for that very reason

Comment

I thought they said we were signing Munster now we have cap issues? Looks like it’s the Roosters turn to be hammered this week. This follows the Tigpies, Broncs, Dogs and Warriors all having a week devoted to them. How come their best mate Ricky’s faiders never cop the treatment? Only sympathetic stories for them it seems.

Comment

Must be some truth to it, we haven’t had any significant signings since 2019 and have let a heap of players go, and SST is leaving at the end of this year.

The salary cap never makes sense to me.

Comment

There is definitely talk within the Chooks hierarchy about signing a superstar 5/8 if things dont pan out with the Keary Walker combo over the next 7 weeks.
              Keary is in the sights of the Dolphins I think which the Roosters would know because if they are eyeing off Munster they will make sure Keary signs a very lucrative contract with the Dolphins.
              SST & Im tellings youse blokes like Lam, Keighran, Verrills, Naiquama & possibly Whyte & Tuku wont be at the club next year not all of them but at least 3 of them will get better offers elsewhere like the Dolphins.
              The Chooks will keep Angus after they release a couple more players.

Comment

But to the dopes that read the Telegraph etc. the Roosters rort the salary cap.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I’m calling Poppycock.

Comment

So we extend Keary for 2022-2024 only to look at releasing him not even half way through 2022 because of cap issues.
                    Since the extension was announced in 2020 we lose Friend and Cordner unplanned as well as Bmoz, Jmoz and Liu.
                    I doubt the Roosters would get into a salary cap bind so soon into Keary's extension.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                      I thought they said we were signing Munster now we have cap issues? Looks like it’s the Roosters turn to be hammered this week. This follows the Tigpies, Broncs, Dogs and Warriors all having a week devoted to them. How come their best mate Ricky’s faiders never cop the treatment? Only sympathetic stories for them it seems.
                      Kent said in the paper that Uncle Nick gets players he wants and we would be selling Keary to the Dolphins and signing Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Kent said in the paper that Uncle Nick gets players he wants and we would be selling Keary to the Dolphins and signing Munster.
                        The big question: Is Munster big enough?

I’d prefer Burton. Love that long kick and that high bomb. He could be great.

Comment

its all a bit odd this is coming out from nrl 360, pushing the Keary is leaving cause hes the issue narrative.

then at the same time have Braith, Munsters agent, saying we want him. bit on the nose, trying to force the storm and dolphins to offer deals sooner.

It wasn't that long ago, they were saying we had a but of room to spare.

We have lost/let go Cordner, Friend, Morris, Morris, liu, Volkman, lussick, ikuvalu in the last 12 months.

although we are getting Brandon Smith next year, we are also losing SST and then JWH the following year. Unless, Keary and teddy are on 1.5 million each I think they'll be able to solve this issue (if there is one) pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                            I thought we let volkman and Lussick go for that very reason
                            They'd both have been on nothing

Comment

im sure buzz would know our salary cap /player contracts and state of our finances. pi$$ of buzz and co and try some real journalism instead of fairy tales ffs
                              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X