Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Parramatta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Parramatta

Finally a real match up for us. We’re yet to play a decent footy side this year and some may put our form down to a bit of complacency.

Today is our opportunity to announce to the NRL that we are not yet dead and buried, that we are still a top side and that we are still contenders. It’s Round 10. It’s time for our run to begin. I don’t care who we play there should be no more excuses.

Keary needs to step up today and silence all those ridiculous rumours that have been circulating throughout the week. He’s our halfback and our leader and a win today will be reliant on him. C’mon Luke, show them all what you can do.

I’ll be in the Roosters Bay Section 332. If any of you are there come to the concourse level just above Section 332 at halftime and say hi. I’ll be wearing my Number 13 jersey.

GO ROOSTERS!

Well said It’s time to put it together it’s now or ****en never against a quality team.

Go Easts!!!

Comment

Watching all the games so far, and with the rain and heavy track, our kicking game needs to be spot on, not having a long kicking game could hurt us, Ball control will also be key,along with a fast start, can we turn all that around?

I think teddy will be best on ground today.

chooks by 6.

Comment

chooks by 8 , dont know why

Comment

Big game and a massive test .Again it's up to the forwards to lead and the rest will follow .We have the team to beat anyone in the comp so no excuse .And Thirteen good to see you going .What's happening with the bride . Something nice I hope

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Finally a real match up for us. We’re yet to play a decent footy side this year and some may put our form down to a bit of complacency.

Today is our opportunity to announce to the NRL that we are not yet dead and buried, that we are still a top side and that we are still contenders. It’s Round 10. It’s time for our run to begin. I don’t care who we play there should be no more excuses.

Keary needs to step up today and silence all those ridiculous rumours that have been circulating throughout the week. He’s our halfback and our leader and a win today will be reliant on him. C’mon Luke, show them all what you can do.

I’ll be in the Roosters Bay Section 332. If any of you are there come to the concourse level just above Section 332 at halftime and say hi. I’ll be wearing my Number 13 jersey.

GO ROOSTERS!
            Wish Mrs Thirteen a very happy birthday when the time comes. I think she's the only one of your family I am yet to meet.. I remember you showing me her photo when I ran into you at the airport in 2019..you have a beautiful family..sigh..I remember airports...and travel and covid free holidays..doc still won't let me out with the great unwashed (but I think she means Souths fans)

As for my childhood team, I would like them sliced and diced and preserved in aspic today..

that is all..

now back to my coffee in my 2013 premiers mug..enjoy the game and the week people...
            "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Parramatta have been like us this year.............inconsistent.
              Perhaps their big win last round puts us in good stead?

Roosters 32- Parra 16
              Based on the old song Inchworm.

Comment

How big of a win do we need to have today to put the doomsday theorists back in their box? 30 or a 40 point win? In all seriousness I reckon it'll be a tight one on a sloppy track. Possession will determine this one IMO

Comment

How long since we have beaten a top 4 team?

Fairly evenly matched squads today, will likely come down to the best kicking game overall. Slight worry there. Our pack needs to target Moses and ground him often and take away his time. Smash him Vic.

Our right edge of Manu/Suaalii can do damage if we can get them some space.

Our bench lacks punch, might see a change or two with the starting line up. If Robbo insists on picking Hutch just use him in the first 20min while the game shape is still developing.

No heavy rain likely today and hopefully none by our game. Still need to use the ball to win, not clam up in a forwards battle.

Teddy and Keary looked more like the old guard last week...need that and more today.

Comment

Weather report from the 39th floor abode of Casa Del Reck in brisbane …fair to middling , up to shit, bonza

Comment

got a good feeling about today
                      big game , big stage big opportunity to silence some critics .

roosters 22 eels 8

Comment

Can’t see a win today but I hope I’m wrong.
                        Parra have a superior spine IMO.

Comment

In my book it will come down to refereeing.

Comment

Wet slippery ball. Hold it and win
                            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Hold onto the ball, don't float any intercept tries over the top, and they just might pull it off!

Comment

Working...
                              X