Seen it only once before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen it only once before

Only time I've seen Melbourne ragdolled like that was in the last game of 2018.

We are up against it this Saturday.

But our win against Parra was the best this year imo - score didn't reflect Easts were clearly better team. We've got some momenturm and confidence.

Go Easts.

Penrith are still a young team in their peak on the way up. They are better than us at the moment. I never accept being competitive as acceptable but if we are in with a shot come around the 65min mark i will be happy and confident moving forward. Rads is a huge out for us

Comment

My last memory of them being totally outplayed was 1st half 2018 GF against us & the 40-0 GF to Manly.

On us we have some big outs now in the forwards. Verills, Radley, Toupanoua (likely concussion) JWH (likely suspension). I think that will be too hard to overcome against Penrith.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        Penrith are still a young team in their peak on the way up. They are better than us at the moment. I never accept being competitive as acceptable but if we are in with a shot come around the 65min mark i will be happy and confident moving forward. Rads is a huge out for us
        Manu, Sitili, Momorovski, Butcher and Latrell (if we still had him) had some epic encounters and success against the current crop in Penrith in their junior days.

Comment

Yeah huge challenge. Losing Radley doesn’t help at all.. if we can keep it tight it will be a success

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
            Yeah huge challenge. Losing Radley doesn’t help at all.. if we can keep it tight it will be a success
            Next man up. It's the Roosters Way.

Comment

Sitili also had his best game this year. No missed tackles, no dropped balls put in some bone rattlers, ran hard all day. Great stuff. Hope you're feeling better today young fella.

Comment

Penrith are a great team. Only one superstar in the line up but they're a physical machine - powerful backs and athletic & aggressive forwards - who run hard on every play like maniacs.

They also seem to put out close to the same 17, week after week, for roughly three years now. This aspect can not be underestimated.

Whilst they will be hard to beat they did just lose to Parra, so it can be done.

Comment

The Chooks are no chance, Kearys not a halfback, Penrith have a better spine.
                  Hopefully that helps the Chooks

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                    Sitili also had his best game this year. No missed tackles, no dropped balls put in some bone rattlers, ran hard all day. Great stuff. Hope you're feeling better today young fella.
                    Getting switched over to the right side maybe a master stroke?

Comment

When I read the thread topic I thought it was about that incredible try that the Cowboys scored the one where the Cowboys winger was being bundled over the side line in the in goal, he is completely out but in the air & he some how gets the ball back into play & the Cowboys score, it was better than the Inglis one where he was over the dead ball line but got the ball back to Gasnier who was in the in goal & scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                        Sensational game but I doubt he’ll be fit for Saturday.
                        Posters on here who say Sitilli can’t tackle & that he drops the ball don’t watch him for the whole game they only see his mistakes but my God is he tough. I wouldn’t swap Sitilli for anyone.

Comment

No Radley, (?) Sitili and (?) JWH - Roosters are up against it.
                          Collins back will be a big plus, so I think the Roosters will still be competitive.
                          We seem to have the wood on the Eels, but don't perform as nearly as well against the Panthers.
                          The Eels ran out of energy against us, and couldn't find the answers, but the Riff just keep coming at you.
                          Kikau is a beast - I think he is nearly unstoppable, and he can bust the game wide open, at any time in the match

Comment

"Originally posted by Bruce Pickett

The feature was the aggression in defence, against a forward pack that was a lot bigger than ours.
                            Maybe Sitili is not a flat track bully as some suggest.
                            If he continues form like that, he will become one hell of a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
                              My last memory of them being totally outplayed was 1st half 2018 GF against us & the 40-0 GF to Manly.

On us we have some big outs now in the forwards. Verills, Radley, Toupanoua (likely concussion) JWH (likely suspension). I think that will be too hard to overcome against Penrith.
                              I remember us towelling them up 40-10 in the last round of 2011 Albeit Bellamy shit himself and decided not risk a few players as he was scared what damage a few of our young lunatic forwards might do Aah back in the days the shoulder charge was still legal
                              When you trust your television
                              what you get is what you got
                              Cause when they own the information
                              they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Working...
                              X