Radleys tackle ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radleys tackle ??

Yes Brown was trying to stop a try and it's an awkward one but fark me it resembled a hip drop !!! Might just be me though as haven't heard a word around it

No Charges from yesterday

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/13/...atest-charges/

Comment

Originally posted by Horry View Post
      Cheers for sharing, was a tad nervous JWH would get charged for the crusher. Didn’t get a good look at it live.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        Yes Brown was trying to stop a try and it's an awkward one but fark me it resembled a hip drop !!! Might just be me though as haven't heard a word around it
        Agreed , I was there , and it looked like a hip drop to me …and the resulting moon boot and crutches verify it imho

Comment

Originally posted by Horry View Post
          Wow good news. At first look I thought JWH was definitely in trouble. Really surprised.

Comment

Nothing in it with JWH. The player backed into it. Not much Jared could do, shit penalty to be honest but they are the rules
            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

So that scumbag dylan brown has now taken out Radley and if you put that together with Hutcho last year, he's got a pattern of taking out Roosters players. It was a hip drop that injured Radley and I'm amazed nothing has come of the 'tackle' by brown.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                Nothing in it with JWH. The player backed into it. Not much Jared could do, shit penalty to be honest but they are the rules
                Agreed and players are also playing for those types of penalties. It’s a terrible look.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                  Exactly. Where is the onus and duty of care when a player backs into the defence? What's a defender suppose to do?

Comment

Collins had to miss a week for doing nothing............................we have invented the guilty bystander.

Comment

I noticed Dylan Brown wasn't charged although he was placed on report - penalty sufficient ?

Comment

Don't think it was a hip drop, Radley had half broken the tackle and the defender was in the process of trying to cling on in the tackle.

I think we need to be careful about what we define as a hip drop because in a contact sport like ours unfortunately legs and ankles are going to get trapped from time to time.

I'm all for rubbing out bad technique and deliberate dirtiness but the crusher is a perfect example where we didn't define what we were going to penalise as bad technique and instead just penalise any instance of pressure on the neck regardless of cause, force or tackle technique. It's the biggest blight on the game at the moment IMO. I reckon I've only seen 1 or 2 genuine crushers this year but 80 games in we must be up to well over 120 penalties for "crusher tackles".

Comment

Working...
                        X