Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suaalii Takes Up Option

From Buzz Rothfield -

Teenage superstar Joseph Suaalii has shut the door on the 2023 rugby union World Cup after taking up his option with the Sydney Roosters. The news is a huge fillip for the NRL so soon after Kalyn Ponga’s decision to commit to Newcastle, thereby shutting the door on an immediate switch of codes. It keeps Suaalii at the Roosters until the end of next season.
    EASTS TO WIN!

Nice one.

Comment

Does yawnion pay big $$$ anymore?

I feel like there was a narrow window when NRL salaries capped out at well below $1m and Australia had just won a world cup so had some spare change to splash on superstar NRL backs.

They signed what... Dell (who got done with cocaine), Tuqiri (who did SOMETHING that we're not allowed to know, but presumably shagged an exec's wife), Walker (who had a habit of disappearing when needed for training/games) and Rogers (who is a lovely guy, but IMO never really made a big impact in yawnion).

More recently, Folau went to Yawnion after a failed attempt to crack into the AFL. Suaalii / Toops / Manu certainly fit that sorta mould and could absolutely kill it in Yawnion. However, I feel like the money's just not there anymore. Also, NZ isn't gonna pay overs for NRL stars as they've got the one yawnion team that is on par with the talent / athleticism we see in the NRL.

Oh and... you're gonna win jack all playing for the Wallabies.

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
        From Buzz Rothfield -

Teenage superstar Joseph Suaalii has shut the door on the 2023 rugby union World Cup after taking up his option with the Sydney Roosters. The news is a huge fillip for the NRL so soon after Kalyn Ponga’s decision to commit to Newcastle, thereby shutting the door on an immediate switch of codes. It keeps Suaalii at the Roosters until the end of next season.
        Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
          From Buzz Rothfield -

Only signed until the end of next season?
          I see the Dolphins/Bennett flashing the cash and sunshine come Nov 22.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Only signed until the end of next season?
            I see the Dolphins/Bennett flashing the cash and sunshine come Nov 22.
            Yes he will definitely be getting a lot of attention. I’m sure he will be given a fair crack at the 1 jersey when Teddy retires.
            Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post

Yes he will definitely be getting a lot of attention. I’m sure he will be given a fair crack at the 1 jersey when Teddy retires.
              If he's still here then.
              I can see $1m being offered to him in Nov by rival clubs.

Comment

My impression from him so far is that money isn’t the only thing he’d consider when signing

Comment

Working...
                X