No announcement yet.

Suaalii v To'o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as long as when he runs we know he’s going to duck down to a metre off the ground and go to go. Need to be ready for his slipperiness.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
      gee some people getting way ahead of themselves here, anyone who doesn't think to'o is way more advanced then sualli is delusional . to'o is an absolute beast, sualli has promise and was good yesterday, but there was a thread on this forum labelling him a myth last week .

give the kid a chance. if he schools to'o great, if he doesn't hell be fine. the start of his journey.
      I don't see anyone on here claiming Sualli is better than To'o....all that is been said is we have an height advantage to score off ariel kicks ..with both Topou and Sualli..

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Agree.

To'o is a midget, but a great player.

There was that bulldogs winger back in the 2000's who was also a midget, but scored at least 2 tries every time they played us. Forget his name.
        I hated him.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Agree.

To'o is a midget, but a great player.

There was that bulldogs winger back in the 2000's who was also a midget, but scored at least 2 tries every time they played us. Forget his name.
          matt utai

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

I don't see anyone on here claiming Sualli is better than To'o....all that is been said is we have an height advantage to score off ariel kicks ..with both Topou and Sualli..
            its the putting of so much pressure on youngsters that annoys me . so much of it unrealistic, sualli im guessing will have a long, fruitful career, but young players for the first year or 2 tend to be up and down .

im just saying lets temper our expectations , we are playing an absolute gun team this week, the premier nrl team . i hope the young man goes well.

Comment

I’m expecting a bold showing from Joe, he’s from Penrith.

Comment

its the putting of so much pressure on youngsters that annoys me . so much of it unrealistic, sualli im guessing will have a long, fruitful career, but young players for the first year or 2 tend to be up and down .

im just saying lets temper our expectations , we are playing an absolute gun team this week, the premier nrl team . i hope the young man goes well.
                Agree with all what u said...but it's mostly the media hyping up young Sualli...more so than fans.

That's one of the advantages the Storm get in AFL land...low media hype.

Comment

Agree with all what u said...but it's mostly the media hyping up young Sualli...more so than fans.

Fair comment. But he's a weapon for us - with or without the media hype - and I'm excited to see him used. And that includes his leaping ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
                    Just as long as when he runs we know he’s going to duck down to a metre off the ground and go to go. Need to be ready for his slipperiness.
                    Agree. Suaalii had some goofy front on tackles on weekend where he got his technique wrong - which is expected for an 18yr in NRL. It’ll be a great defensive contact test… I’m pumped to see this kid continue to develop, he seems an incredibly fast learner and really on board to improve the less flashy parts of his game.

Comment

Originally posted by ARD View Post

Agree. Suaalii had some goofy front on tackles on weekend where he got his technique wrong - which is expected for an 18yr in NRL. It’ll be a great defensive contact test… I’m pumped to see this kid continue to develop, he seems an incredibly fast learner and really on board to improve the less flashy parts of his game.
                      Same goes for Walker on Kikau.

Comment

yea thats true it starts with the media , then the casual footy fan starts saying ...

luke brooks is the next joey, braith is just like freddy, corey allen is the next big thing , even i would consider pongas career somewhat a failure given his media exposure on the given sample size . ash taylor .

the media hype these kids up so much that there is like a 2 % chance the poor kid can fulfill the expectation , must be a pretty horrid weight to bear and i imagine it totally breaks some kids mentally , many of whom we have never heard of .

im in no way saying any of this in any way applies to j sualli , or even young walker, who appears at times that he cpuld be kicking for someones life and still wouldn't be phased .

somebody on another website actually contrasted robinsons handling of walker, with griffins of amone and sloan , probably all similar levels of talent .

however robinson allows walker to make errors , mistakes and learn without fear of being dropped. griffin however hangs the axe over sloan and amone who both are very talented , but are probably that nervous of being dropped, or blamed for mistakes , that any ounce of creativity , or talent is shelved .

i took this down a real rabbit hole.

Comment

Exactly.
                          If Penriths forward dominate then Cleay will have a cracker & Suaalii could be in for a hard night.

Comment

gee some people getting way ahead of themselves here, anyone who doesn't think to'o is way more advanced then sualli is delusional . to'o is an absolute beast, sualli has promise and was good yesterday, but there was a thread on this forum labelling him a myth last week .

give the kid a chance. if he schools to'o great, if he doesn't hell be fine. the start of his journey.
                            You are 100% correct however I think you are missing the point.

To’o would be lucky to jump higher than Sualli’s or Tupou’s knee caps.

Bombs away!
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                            X