I must be seeing things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be seeing things

Lots of people have been saying how good Crichton played yesterday. By my count, he let in 3 Parramatta tries. To me, that's a D+.
    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

I tend to agree with you.

When he's in form he's great.

But I think he's gonna have to take unders to stay with us. He's no million dollar baby.

Comment

I think he played ok, but good cap management is all about finding players below market value that can do you a job.
      For me Egan Butcher, N Whyte, Nat Butcher all offer a similar to Crichton but would cost a 1/3 or more less. This money can then be invested into other player retention or we go to into the market.
      The biggest area of investment for me is an experienced Prop. We have lots of young prospects coming through but losing JWH and Taukeiaho leaves a big hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
        Lots of people have been saying how good Crichton played yesterday. By my count, he let in 3 Parramatta tries. To me, that's a D+.
        He was better than Lane & he defends with the lightest player in the Roosters team which means opposition teams send heaps more traffic down there way. He’ll be in the SOO squad I bet.
        Crighton is worth what ever he gets paid if that’s 700k then he’s worth it.

Comment

That’s my issue with Angus. For the money he’s on he needs to be dominating consistently. We can use someone for half the money to do what he does. He’s robbing us blind. He can earn his salary or he can piss on to the Wannabees.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

He was better than Lane & he defends with the lightest player in the Roosters team which means opposition teams send heaps more traffic down there way. He’ll be in the SOO squad I bet.
            You can buy a pretty dominant forward for 700k.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Good points, though I reckon Walker defended quite well yesterday. He doesn't seem to be a shirt grabber and goes for their ankles.
              1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
              1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

He was terrible yesterday and has been for the last 12 months
                Doesn't want to make an effort in defence and gives away the dumbest penalties when the opposition is in their own half.

His leg pull led directly to Moses try.

Sitili was better yesterday but these 2 starting on our edges inside the likes of Keary and Walker is just cannon fodder for good teams.

Comment

I thought he was really good yesterday the defensive errors were walker which Trent acknowledged In The presser.

he does his best work up the middle I would be starting at lock this week with butcher on the edge

Comment

I want Gus in our team and I want him to stay. The problem he is facing is that his best form is a far cry from his worst form. And unfortunately he hasn't been setting the world on fire. We just need him to recapture some of that late 2019-2020 form. A player of his calibre has it in him

Comment

There was an ocean difference between Papalli & Matterson and our back row..

Comment

If not Angus, who’s on the wish list? Can’t think of many options I’d prefer; Olakau’atu would fit in nicely, Papali’i too. Both signed to long term deals.

Comment

The Forwards need to get their passing and offloading game down pat and all players improve their support play - Defence as well - straight line and no lazy players when teams shift the ball and come back through the middle/ruck.

I like to see Sitili develop a passing game as this running the hard line stuff is a mugs game and he could well end up like Cords who didn't have a passing game either one has to say and was basically hammered out of the game doing the same types of runs over and over again.

Sitili has had a couple of HIA's already

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                            The Forwards need to get their passing and offloading game down pat and all players improve their support play - Defence as well - straight line and no lazy players when teams shift the ball and come back through the middle/ruck.

I like to see Sitili develop a passing game as this running the hard line stuff is a mugs game and he could well end up like Cords who didn't have a passing game either one has to say and was basically hammered out of the game doing the same types of runs over and over again.

Sitili has had a couple of HIA's already
                            when sitili gets a good head of steam up, he reminds me of the raging bull a bit, gotta keep it simple for some of these players, and sitili should just keep running into holes or over players, he doesn’t do half the carries or work that Boyd did, so I think he’ll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ARD View Post
                              If not Angus, who’s on the wish list? Can’t think of many options I’d prefer; Olakau’atu would fit in nicely, Papali’i too. Both signed to long term deals.
                              Curran, matterson, Fitzgibbon, katoa, nikora, tuilagi( may have signed with manly) would all be good options for a few 100k less I’d think.

Comment

Working...
                              X