Connor Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connor Watson

Seriously what does this guy bring to the team?

All the hype when he first signed but tbh he is probably the worst buy of the season across the competition so far.

Wtf was that pass at the end there? His dummy half service is absolutely atrocious and his defence is almost as bad.
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Hate to agree with you but Watson has been poor this year. I was looking forward to see him play again for us but I can see why Newcastle let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
      Seriously what does this guy bring to the team?

All the hype when he first signed but tbh he is probably the worst buy of the season across the competition so far.

Wtf was that pass at the end there? His dummy half service is absolutely atrocious and his defence is almost as bad.
      Finally someone else with some sense that sees what I see. When they announced his recruitment I laughed & said he’s the most average player I’ve seen & everyone hounded me. The whole oh he’s a gun utility, he’s quick,will run teams of their feet etc. He’s not a utility as there are 0 positions he’s actually capable of playing at 1st grade level. Useless out of dummy half & can’t play anywhere else on the field. He brings absolutely nothing to the club & thank god the Cheese is here next year so then Watson drops back to 5th choice Hooker.

Comment

He’s absolute rubbish. A hopeless fool

Comment

Originally posted by nayfo View Post
          Hate to agree with you but Watson has been poor this year. I was looking forward to see him play again for us but I can see why Newcastle let him go.
          I like Watson, but I said earlier in the year I'd rather go with the cheese and verills moving forward at the expense of him and hutcho

Comment

He's a very good player, but he is not a hooker.
            Having Verrills fit long-term would go a long way to stabilizing us as a top-4 team.

Comment

Hard to argue except that he’s not a hooker and coming off the bench to relief Radley and Smith ( next year) will see a much better contribution from him.

Comment

Wasn't signed as a hooker and shouldn't be playing there. His best position is at lock Can't blame him as he hasn't been given an opportunity to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post
                  He's a very good player, but he is not a hooker.
                  Having Verrills fit long-term would go a long way to stabilizing us as a top-4 team.
                  So in what position is he good at? He can’t play in the outside backs,he can’t play in the forwards & he’s hailed as a Hooker/Utility but clearly failing at that. So basically a good player that can’t play any position on the field.

Comment

Due to Verrills constant injures Connor is forced to play 9. He can fill in for a 20 minute stint or 2 but it’s not his best position. We’d be better off having Ben M sharing the roll with Hutch. I have no doubt Watson would much rather be playing 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                      Wasn't signed as a hooker and shouldn't be playing there. His best position is at lock Can't blame him as he hasn't been given an opportunity to shine.
                      Ok I’ll take that call. He wouldn’t even be a Lock in country footy.

Comment

Connor ‘was’ his most devastating at lock…

Will Robbo entertain the idea or keep him at 9 given we don’t have much else on offer until Sammy.V comes back or 2023 arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                          His best position is bench utility. That’s what Robbo signed him for.
                          based on that, part of his Rotation would definitely have stints at hooker. So I do feel he needs some blame. He is currently offering nothing.
                          Agree his best position is lock though.

Comment

The worse thing that’s happened to Watson this year is Sam Verrill’s constantly getting injured!

Unfortunately Sammy can’t stay on the paddock long enough to allow Watson to play in his preferred position of lock forward..

When the cheese comes to the Club next year we will hopefully see the best of Connor Watson!

Comment

He is playing out of position. If he were to play at Lock, then perhaps we'd see some difference and his potential but with him being forced to cover at dummy-half, I think he's not showing us his full/true potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X