Connor Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TumutChook View Post

So in what position is he good at? He can’t play in the outside backs,he can’t play in the forwards & he’s hailed as a Hooker/Utility but clearly failing at that. So basically a good player that can’t play any position on the field.
    As everyone knows, he's a lock.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post

As everyone knows, he's a lock.
      Nah he would be the worst Lock at the club,he’s far down that pecking order.

Comment

I like Watson, but doubt we will see him at 9 again.

Comment

Watson is one of the worst players playing first grade at the moment. Absolute rubbish.

Comment

The fact is they are not able to put together an 80 minute game so it would not matter who was playing dummy half - The first 20 odd minutes they were in the arm wrestle then costly errors and go into the sheds 18-0 down and that was game over.

Comment

The plan was he was going to play 14 with Verrills starting but it hasn’t happened because of injuries. Robbo said to him that he would make him the best 14 in the game & that he would play SOO.

Comment

If Robbo continues to use Watson have him start the game with Hutchinson with interchanging whilst both on. Watson I think is better when he has space to utilise his speed. On another note our passing and support play commitment is so slow and when it isn’t Teddy stifles it by being a hog.

Comment

If Marschke doesn’t start next week, I’ll walk to Jamaica.
                  Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

As terrible as Connor is at hooker, he wasn’t the reason we lost

Comment

Yep. Whatever we did preseason has back fired. We are miles behind the rest of the top 8, and some of the teams currently below us.

Comment

We are playing without a "Hooker". These gap-fill options such as Hutch and Watson is absolutely stupid and unacceptable when we're playing the top sides.

We're a bloody first grade side and we've playing sporadically this season without a genuine #9 ?

Like for f*cks sake ... blame Watson for being a shitty Hooker as much as you like but seriously Robbo needs to wake up and realise that this experiment isn't working. If Verrills is still on the sideline then please ... put Ben Marschke at Hooker, Watson at starting Lock (whilst Radley is also on the sidelines) and use Hutch as the bench utility.

Comment

I actually think its more of an indictment on Robbo than Connor. He is a lock forward, even a prop/middle forward and NOT a 9. He never played 9 at Newcastle because his service just isn't good enough. Sammy V is the only true hooker at the club at the minute so I'd probably look at getting Marscke in and playing Connor off the bench as a middle forward. Only issue there is we have Egan and Rads. So not sure if he's required there either. I'd try and find a spot in the 17 for him, but not at 9.

Comment

Was never a fan of taking him back but he’s not the only one looking out of their depth out there.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post
                              I actually think its more of an indictment on Robbo than Connor. He is a lock forward, even a prop/middle forward and NOT a 9. He never played 9 at Newcastle because his service just isn't good enough. Sammy V is the only true hooker at the club at the minute so I'd probably look at getting Marscke in and playing Connor off the bench as a middle forward. Only issue there is we have Egan and Rads. So not sure if he's required there either. I'd try and find a spot in the 17 for him, but not at 9.
                              Egan needs time in the Reggies. He's played 1-2 average games in the reggies and then gets called up. He looked tired and outmuscled today. I know this forum loves him but he still needs significant development. I suspect Marschke will be brought up this week, with Hutchison, who may I add was gassed after 30 mins, dropped to reggies or 18th man. May did enough for me to keep his spot if Sitili out again, otherwise for me it has to be DSF coming up. 264 metres for Reggies, averaging 200 a game. Collins also needs time in reggies but this wont happen

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                                If Marschke doesn’t start next week, I’ll walk to Jamaica.
                                You will need water proof shoes as Robbo said in the pressure he wont be changing the team - mmm I think Sitili will come back in though

Comment

Working...
                                X