Connor Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
    We are playing without a "Hooker". These gap-fill options such as Hutch and Watson is absolutely stupid and unacceptable when we're playing the top sides.

We're a bloody first grade side and we've playing sporadically this season without a genuine #9 ?

Like for f*cks sake ... blame Watson for being a shitty Hooker as much as you like but seriously Robbo needs to wake up and realise that this experiment isn't working. If Verrills is still on the sideline then please ... put Ben Marschke at Hooker, Watson at starting Lock (whilst Radley is also on the sidelines) and use Hutch as the bench utility.
    So Parramatta aren't a top team even though they have beaten both Storm and Penrith ? Hutch and Watson played dummy half against Parramatta and they won.

Which suggests who plays dummy half is not the issue - for an example the 4 errors and 15 missed tackles in the last 15 or so minutes of the 1st half where Penrith scored 18 points had naught to do with who was playing dummy half.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

So Parramatta aren't a top team even though they have beaten both Storm and Penrith ? Hutch and Watson played dummy half against Parramatta and they won.

Which suggests who plays dummy half is not the issue - for an example the 4 errors and 15 missed tackles in the last 15 or so minutes of the 1st half where Penrith scored 18 points had naught to do with who was playing dummy half.
      Meh ... Parramatta is a top 4 pretender at best. They lost to the Tigers ... they got lucky against the Storm ... they lose 35 - 4 to the Cowboys, and the next week ... they beat Penrith only by 2 (thanks to Cleary missing two conversions) and Penrith probably playing off-tilt that night and then this past Friday night they scrape through with a win against Manly with "no Turbo, Sean Keppie in the bin and referee assistance" to get them what ? A win by "two points" ... oh wow ... yes "top 4" indeed ! They're as inconsistent as we are ! So I would not be using Parra as any sort of indicator.

Of course as per your stats, that last 15mins in the first half was atrocious as we had many defensive errors and mistakes by everyone but once again our attack looked plain, flat and average. If we had a genuine hooker who could provide good service in the ruck then "maybe" our attacking could at least be "better" ?
      Last edited by DP1990; 05-22-2022, 04:35 AM.

Comment

"Originally posted by DP1990

If we had a genuine hooker who could provide good service in the ruck then "maybe" our attacking could at least be "better" ?

I think the problem goes deeper than who we have a dummy half .
        Sam Verrills is a genuine hooker - played a few games before he was injured, but as I recall, he did not set the attack alight.
        Looking at the Penrith game, we were outmuscled in the forwards, and outplayed in the backs.
        So Trent Robinson is facing some really serious challenges to get our side to beat them.
        I would say it is too high a mountain to climb ( but I would love to be proven wrong).
        At best, what we can do is remain competitive, play in the finals series, and blood some of the young talent that is in the squad and see them develop.
        I am willing to go along for that ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
          If Marschke doesn’t start next week, I’ll walk to Jamaica.
          I will actually be there next week.

Maybe I will see ya mun!
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Seriously what does this guy bring to the team?

All the hype when he first signed but tbh he is probably the worst buy of the season across the competition so far.

Wtf was that pass at the end there? His dummy half service is absolutely atrocious and his defence is almost as bad.
            He is a number 14 only........ just

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
              He’s absolute rubbish. A hopeless fool
              Sounds like the opening few lines of Echo Beach.

1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
              1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I will actually be there next week.

Maybe I will see ya mun!
                Say hello to da family mun..
                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Watson a lock?
                  Lock the gate after training thats about it.
                  Maybe he could be a ball playing lock if he could pass the ball.

Comment

we got trent to thank for the team we have now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                      Watson a lock?
                      I’m with you. He would be the worst Lock in the comp & not even capable of being a Lock on country footy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                        Watson a lock?
                        He was very good there last year for the Knights and its the role we predominantly signed him for to play as utility off the bench with the majority of his minutes being in a roving lock role.

He was a full time lock last year.

Comment

Watson can’t do any worse then what butcher or SST have done there so far. SST is a prop who should just worry about carrying it forward he’s been our best meter eater so why play away from that? And as for Nat he is so one dimensional it isn’t funny. No leg drive and gets wrestled on his back for the slowest play the ball far too often. Our pack tried to go toe to toe and couldn’t keep up after 30.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                            Watson can’t do any worse then what butcher or SST have done there so far. SST is a prop who should just worry about carrying it forward he’s been our best meter eater so why play away from that? And as for Nat he is so one dimensional it isn’t funny. No leg drive and gets wrestled on his back for the slowest play the ball far too often. Our pack tried to go toe to toe and couldn’t keep up after 30.
                            Nat Butcher had the 3rd quickest play the ball speed of all forwards (starters and bench forwards)

Taukeiaho took 13 carries had 5 passes and made 3 offloads.

I think your analysis of both is widely off the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by zing zing View Post
                              we got trent to thank for the team we have now!
                              Who is you?

Big Dog?
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Seriously what does this guy bring to the team?

All the hype when he first signed but tbh he is probably the worst buy of the season across the competition so far.

Wtf was that pass at the end there? His dummy half service is absolutely atrocious and his defence is almost as bad.
                                Maybe a few weeks in reggies to get his mojo?

Comment

Working...
                                X