No announcement yet.

Connor Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Panfers line speed is ridiculous, every run felt like we couldn’t gain enough momentum to dent the line.

It felt like we were just walking it up. We used to set some pretty deep lines, particularly in the red zone but watching us on Saturday we really played 1-2 out and again rarely got the ball to players running onto the ball hard.

I think a true dummy half would have given us more variety in our attack, but we lack an ability (like we did with Cronk) to change the game plan during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by zing zing View Post
      we got trent to thank for the team we have now!
      We got Robbo to thank for 3 premierships in 10 years. Better than waiting 25 years between drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCok007 View Post
        The Panfers line speed is ridiculous, every run felt like we couldn’t gain enough momentum to dent the line.

It felt like we were just walking it up. We used to set some pretty deep lines, particularly in the red zone but watching us on Saturday we really played 1-2 out and again rarely got the ball to players running onto the ball hard.

I think a true dummy half would have given us more variety in our attack, but we lack an ability (like we did with Cronk) to change the game plan during the game.
        What impressed me during the first half is that despite the weather, we had this situation where:

- The Riff ran at us energetically but were pretty well contained by our defence.

- Cleary kicked deeeeep... great kicks there.

- We kept re-gathering and putting some good metres on them.

They were always winning the arm wrestle but it's the best footy I've seen us play for a few years TBH. Fark the Riff... forget those wankaz... EASTS showed some passion and intensity for the full 80 minutes that I think's gonna serve us well in the second half of the season.

Now we just need to chain together some good wins and keep improving. To me the game was a good test.
        Last edited by ism22; 05-23-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCok007 View Post

That plus they are given an extra couple of seconds to work the tackled player over before he plays it.

Pretty hard to beat.

At least when we were the best team we had to beat the refs as well.

I'd like to see pamfers get worked over consistently by the refs and see if they still win most games.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

We got Robbo to thank for 3 premierships in 10 years. Better than waiting 25 years between drinks.
            Or 50 yrs if you are a souffs scumbag.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

That plus they are given an extra couple of seconds to work the tackled player over before he plays it.

Pretty hard to beat.

I'd like to see pamfers get worked over consistently by the refs and see if they still win most games.
              Their line speed is ridiculously quick. I will give them that but I reckon they are also offside at least 2-3 plays per set. You can be extra quick when you get a head start.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Their line speed is ridiculously quick. I will give them that but I reckon they are also offside at least 2-3 plays per set. You can be extra quick when you get a head start.
                They are the NRL’s darlings at the moment

Comment

Speaking of refs and their weird and wonderful interpretations of ruck speeds, offsides, 6 agains and penalty counts....

I watched the Des Hasler presser and he quite clearly at least twice referred to the 9-2 penalty count and stated the referee legged the eels back into the game. (Which of course he did)

Was it earlier this season or late last season when he similarly stated their opponents were "ably assisted" by the referee back into the game.

Des seems to have immunity - or do the NRL only make a fuss if the media make a fuss?

I did love how Robbo said JWH shouldn't have said a bad word, but that he agreed with everything he said to cheat Sutton.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

Maybe a few weeks in reggies to get his mojo?
                    it would allow him and Sammy to build a combination

Comment

Watson is worst signing of the year.
                      brings absolutely nothing , if he cant handle a stint at hooker playing in the 14 what's the use.
                      he was signed as a utility
                      I know he was a lock at Newcastle , that's like saying he plays lock for the bears.
                      Big deal

Comment

" Originally posted by player 1

Pretty hard to beat.

I thought the 6 again rule was specifically implemented so that there was no interference in the ruck, and with the player playing the ball.
                        If that is the case, there should have been at least 20 six again calls against the Panfers in Saturday's game.
                        I agree, that would have worked them over, and we would have won the game.
                        Is Sutton blind, or is it obvious that JWH's frustrations just the tip of the iceberg?

Comment

I could only think how horrible he’d be at lock after watching his performances at hooker. Imagine asking him to take a hit up in the middle of the park. The opposition would not be trembling in their boots. Fark me!
                          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                            " Originally posted by player 1

Pretty hard to beat.

I thought the 6 again rule was specifically implemented so that there was no interference in the ruck, and with the player playing the ball.
                            If that is the case, there should have been at least 20 six again calls against the Panfers in Saturday's game.
                            I agree, that would have worked them over, and we would have won the game.
                            Is Sutton blind, or is it obvious that JWH's frustrations just the tip of the iceberg?
                            It's really frustrating, the selective use of this destructive 6 again weapon the refs have at their disposal.

It used to be that in finals games, the refs traditionally put the whistle away, only intervening for blatant infringements, and let the sides sort out who wins.

In our Manly semi last year, Sutton gave eagles 18 tackles in a row on our line early in the game, for literally non-existent infringements, to work them over for a try.

Comment

"Originally posted by BigCok007

It is the key to beating the Riff. The try that Tedseco scored, and the lead up to it, was all about running hard with the ball and breaking apart their defence.
                              It is the most difficult assignment , because they are a physical team.
                              But you are not going to beat them on the edges, or simply relying on beating them in the air.
                              Whether our side can promote the football and run and bust them consistently enough during a game, to beat them, is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Did you see the one we actually got a penalty for?! Luai was up to 5 meters in front of sutton and actually effected the tackle. Talk about entitlement.

Comment

Working...
                                X