What is a shoulder charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a shoulder charge?

I just saw Rapana absolutely smash Tapp (CB vs Souffs) and then drop his full body weight onto him whilst he was flat on the ground. Looked all the world to me like a shoulder charge but not a single word was said by the commentators. I bet if JWH did it, he'd be facing a charge.
    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
    I just saw Rapana absolutely smash Tapp (CB vs Souffs) and then drop his full body weight onto him whilst he was flat on the ground. Looked all the world to me like a shoulder charge but not a single word was said by the commentators. I bet if JWH did it, he'd be facing a charge.
    Rapana is a dog ,he does it every week

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
      Shoulder Charge

Is where a defender does not use, or attempt to use, his arms (including his hands) to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player and the contact is forceful. It will be considered misconduct, if any player affects a tackle in the manner as defined.
      Last edited by King Salvo; 05-22-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

no one knows and the rule makers have even less idea

Comment

Working...
        X