No announcement yet.

Sydney Roosters - State of Origin Period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy likely picked and if so I’m curious to see how our backline performs should he not play a regular club game. Not having a dig at him but sometimes he is just too involved and so scattered on the field that he more often dies with the ball.
    Last edited by bondi paul; 05-23-2022, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Collins form has been sub par this year and I would really be surprised if he gets picked. There are enough QLD props ahead of him at the moment that I don't think he gets a look in.

Comment

Originally posted by lordteddy View Post
        Collins form has been sub par this year and I would really be surprised if he gets picked. There are enough QLD props ahead of him at the moment that I don't think he gets a look in.
        At the moment he is lucky to be picked for us, can’t remember one good thing he has done. Remember some dumb things though.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

At the moment he is lucky to be picked for us, can’t remember one good thing he has done. Remember some dumb things though.
          I tend to agree, but he is coming off an ACL injury so im willing to be patient with him throughout this year with the hope he can get back into the form that saw him get picked for QLD in the first place.

My concern if he doesnt is that he quite likely becomes Dylan Napa II.

Comment

Can't see Angus and Lindsay being picked so it'll only be Teddy.

Slot Manu into Fullback and bring Billy Smith or Vuate Karawalevu into the backs.

We'll be fine !

Comment

Originally posted by lordteddy View Post

I tend to agree, but he is coming off an ACL injury so im willing to be patient with him throughout this year with the hope he can get back into the form that saw him get picked for QLD in the first place.

My concern if he doesnt is that he quite likely becomes Dylan Napa II.
              I have high hopes for Collins but his brain isnt in his knee. Unless you can put down his lateral miss on korisau to him regaining confidence in that joint, he has too much of SKD mentality about him atm.

That 6 again he conceded, then stood there looking confused. There's no time for that in that situation. After hearing Robbo talk in the presser about Jared, they confirm what I believe they know about Sutton.

6 AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

I have high hopes for Collins but his brain isnt in his knee. Unless you can put down his lateral miss on korisau to him regaining confidence in that joint, he has too much of SKD mentality about him atm.

That 6 again he conceded, then stood there looking confused. There's no time for that in that situation. After hearing Robbo talk in the presser about Jared, they confirm what I believe they know about Sutton.

6 AGAIN!
                I tend to agree with you in that he is a dumb player at times, but significant injuries like an ACL really do play a big role in player performance from a physical and mental perspective. There is a bit of literature online particularly around the mental effects of ACL injuries on professional athletes. The lack of 'one percenters' that SBW used to preach in Lindsays game may be a byproduct of that.

But I might also be giving the injury too much credit for what may just be poor play Lindsay being Lindsay. I guess we will find out because guys like May are going to be knocking down the door for his spot come next year.

Comment

The idea that Crichton gets picked for Origin1 is absurd.

Has been in awful form for some time.

If it happens, it'll be damning of Fittler and/or whoever else is involved in the selection process.

It'll be confirmation that Origin is starting to regress back into that 'picking the same blokes' mentality becazuse they got da 'origin mentality'.

To make it crystal clear, i'm referring to the ape-like old boys approach to selecting a squad, rather than doing it on merit.

The era when Gallen was captain was full of it.

Comment

so who plays where next week

1 Manu
                    2 2poo
                    3 Momo
                    4 Keighran
                    5 Joe
                    6 walker
                    7 Keary
                    8 Jaz
                    9 Hutcho
                    10 Sio
                    11 Egan
                    12 Sitilli
                    13 Nat

14 Watto
                    15 Baker
                    16 May/ Whyte
                    17 DSF
                    18 Lam

This is if Teddy, Lindsay, and Chrichton get the call to ori9in. Shit 2poos form could give him a shady chance of making it too. if thats the case Billy Smith or Tom Carr would fit
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Tupou has to be a chance

Comment

We’ll be okay. Collins might not make the side, same as angus but we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

Lol. If he does QLD are f’d if that’s the state of their front row, no pun intended
                          ok......................

Comment

So next week v faders?

ROOSTERS:

1. Manu
                            2. Naiqama
                            3. Momirovski
                            4. Keighran
                            5. Suaalii
                            6. Walker
                            7. Keary

8. JWH
                            9. Hutchison
                            10. SST
                            11. Crichton
                            12. Tupouniua
                            13. Butcher, N

INTERCHANGE:
                            14. Watson
                            15. Baker
                            16. DSF
                            17. May

RESERVES:
                            18. Lam
                            19. Butcher, E
                            20. Marschke
                            21. Smith
                            22. Whyte
                            23. Carr
                            24. Tapuha

Comment

Raiders - No Papalii and Wighton.

Comment

Originally posted by Horry View Post
                                Raiders - No Papalii and Wighton.
                                Strange decision by Freddy - Wighton to play cente and Crichton to the bench and Hynes 18th player

Roosters will be without 3 players - Tedesco/ Tupou (NSW) and Collins (QLD) - Suaalii should be able to play and rejoin the NSW Squad after the Sunday game.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/29/...ists-game-one/
                                Last edited by King Salvo; 05-30-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X