• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Crichton leaves

Keep Verrills at hooker
    Brandon Smith at lock
    And move Radley to the second row where he played a lot in the lower grades

Brandon Smith is coming here to play Hooker. That's why the club signed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
      Brandon Smith is coming here to play Hooker. That's why the club signed him.
      He may be coming as a hooker but will need to improve his passing out of D/H if he wants to keep it. IMO Sam Verills is a much better hooker than Brandon Smith ATM. He just needs to stay in the paddock.

That’s not saying Sam is a better footballer because Smith is a weapon but I don’t think hooker is his best position although with some extended time there he may grow into the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post

He may be coming as a hooker but will need to improve his passing out of D/H if he wants to keep it. IMO Sam Verills is a much better hooker than Brandon Smith ATM. He just needs to stay in the paddock.

That’s not saying Sam is a better footballer because Smith is a weapon but I don’t think hooker is his best position although with some extended time there he may grow into the role.
        I completely disagree.

Smith showed last year that he is a far better hooker than Verills. Smith was starting at hooker and was a big running threat with good service from the ruck, highlighted by the fact he won hooker of the year. The only difference to this year is he is playing off the bench and getting limited minutes at 9.

Defence and availability is another big difference between the two. Verills cant even stay on the field for longer than a few games. And when he does, his defence hasn't been great and he hasnt exactly been a threat in attack like he was in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by lordteddy View Post

I completely disagree.

Smith showed last year that he is a far better hooker than Verills. Smith was starting at hooker and was a big running threat with good service from the ruck, highlighted by the fact he won hooker of the year. The only difference to this year is he is playing off the bench and getting limited minutes at 9.

Defence and availability is another big difference between the two. Verills cant even stay on the field for longer than a few games. And when he does, his defence hasn't been great and he hasnt exactly been a threat in attack like he was in 2019.
          Isn't Sam also half blind?

Comment

I completely disagree.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...dc5a54596ebb71 Not going too well this year.

Comment

Angus can go. He has done bugger all this year. N butch can fill in or egan. Or even whyte
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
                Not going too well this year.
                Fox are great aren't they?
                Anasta and co are judging him on one game.................when he's already shown he can play dummy half.
                I reckon Smith ain't too interested in Melbourne this year.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                  Angus can go. He has done bugger all this year. N butch can fill in or egan. Or even whyte
                  I've always liked Angus but for the money he offers nothing over players such as the Egan brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Fox are great aren't they?
                    Anasta and co are judging him on one game.................when he's already shown he can play dummy half.
                    I reckon Smith ain't too interested in Melbourne this year.
                    He has a dally M for hooker an has been playing 2ndrow/ prop/ lock/ 14th man and hooker this year no wonder why hes all over the shop when placed back to hooker ! That an staying in a club that doesn't value his skills! As for the hard leg tackles that cause injury??? CAN'T RUN WITH NO LEGS!!!!

I teach my under 7 botany team to tackle legs!!!l

Comment

Verills is a Rooster. Smith is a wanker. I hope Sam keeps his place.

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
                        Keep Verrills at hooker
                        Brandon Smith at lock
                        And move Radley to the second row where he played a lot in the lower grades
                        It would certainly help our defense....

Comment

I completely disagree.

Spot on! Smith will no doubt get better with his service by playing the position week in and week out. But if you watch the 2020, and 2021 seasons the man is running, barging machine! Adds a completely different element to our team and if the line compresses around the ruck then we have attacking weapons out the back. Deadset can’t wait for this bloke!!

As evidenced by…

NZ appearance 2020: https://youtu.be/b5rMwXAncJo

Storm 2021:https://youtu.be/IDyMnI3QQDs
                          Last edited by BigCok007; 05-24-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I can't believe what's been said on this thread. 1. B. Smith stomps Verrills and it's not even close. 2. Smith is not a dickhead just because he enjoys partaking in the consumption of 'stevia'. As for Crichton, it's exceptionally weird that the forum hates him when many non-Roosters fans think he's among our best, and tbh he is. Just because he's not hitting his 2020 form does not mean he's crap or living up to his proce tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                              Verills is a Rooster. Smith is a wanker. I hope Sam keeps his place.
                              unfortunately he’s made from the same material used to make Billy smith

Comment

Working...
                              X