Our pack and depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our pack and depth

I know it isn’t rocket science but our biggest issues this season is our entire forward pack, ive always been a huge fan of JWH and SST is my fav player but these 2 guys are on tired legs, they still run their rings off and add some punch just cant do it for long periods and when they come off god help us, our go forawrd and defence suffers big time, Collins is on the comeback trail so can be forgiven, the up and comers whilst still learning need to produce more and quickley.

i like Saluka Fifita, Tapu also has great potential, May in his brief time was also impressive , not a fan of Butcher, Baker or the candlestick maker. They have a case of the droppsies, no real punch in their hit ups and part time defenders.

our Backrow is even worse, Enough has been said about Chrichton and his struggles, Butcher is ordinary, tackles his heart out but offers nothing in attack, Sitilli has moments in every game but too many mis reads in defence and crabs sideways in attack, Radley when not injured or suspended the only shining light.

we have a dog’s breakfast at Hooker, Verrills is just ok, Hutch tries hard for a part timer just too slow and offers no running game or spark and Watson is a 5 minute player.

How do we expect our halves and backs to do anything with the lack of 2nd phase, quick play the balls and general go forward when we have no punch, one run from May seemed to spark something in attack.

we do not need to invest in backs, we need middles Smith is a massive addition, but is not enough, we need a Haas, Fotuaka, up front, 2 props with big motors and an offload,

its time to blow up the forward pack and rebuild

we are just lucky as Chooks fans to still be in a position to win games and compete whilst rebuilding the aquad

Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

It isn't rocket science to work out that things are tough now, but when SST and JWH are both gone, its going to be even worse.

Comment

I see where you're coming from, but can't agree with most of this.

I feel like Hargreaves has been immense in the last few weeks. Looks like the best forward on the field before he is subbed off. Tauks has also been strong to start the season. Maybe they can't go for as long as they used to, but I've got no issues with the performances of either.

Collins as you mentioned is coming back from an ACL. He has been better each week as well, and is getting there. This guy will be one of the best props in the game again in the not too distant future.

Tapu, DSF and May all have great potential as you mentioned, and I also rate E.Butch very highly. Hands haven't been great recently, but he was enormous for us last year, and looked one of our most damaging players.

Can't agree with Sitili crabbing sideways either. This bloke probably runs straighter than anyone else in the team, on average. Jury for me is still out on him in regards to his hands and defense. To be fair to him, he drops a few balls because he is often catching them right at the line and at speed. It's not easy. Not sure where I stand with him though.

Crichton and N.Butcher are doing their jobs for mine. No real complaints. Especially in regards to Nat; not every forward in your team is going to be blistering in attack, and that's completely fine. A squad needs player like Butcher.

With all that being said, I think we should get into the market for another prop or two, and maybe a back-rower depending on what Angus does. Going to have to organise some good replacements because SST and JWH have been two of the best props in the game for years now. Very excited to see what some of the young fellas can do, though.

Comment

The major problem is we don't have a decent hooker and consistent one at that.
        IF Sammy wasn't injured all the time we would have more fluidity in attack.
        Our biggest issue should be fixed next year.

The other issue is we are short an edge forward.

Comment

Besides lock, we have major issues in the forwards.

Good post mun.
          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

there's a lot of long posts on here which i didn't read but the idea that our forwards aren't up to it is bs

Comment

Working...
            X