Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the referee stop play 1 second before the halftime siren?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did the referee stop play 1 second before the halftime siren?

The clock hadn't run down, nor had the siren sounded. Walker could have played the ball in time. Weird...

I think he was clock watching on the scoreboard & not playing to the half time siren which is very weird?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
      I think he was clock watching on the scoreboard & not playing to the half time siren which is very weird?
      I think they normally get a countdown in their ear

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

I think they normally get a countdown in their ear
        Yeah pretty sure the refs have the official time and the TV has something different?

IMO the timer could be improved as it leads to some really frustrating scenarios, but I'm glad it isn't wog-ball where they ceremoniously have that stupid dude with the portable sign walking around, adding time to the clock. IMO that's just so weird!

Comment

On the flip side Why did the buzzer go for six again in the 1st half for Cronulla when it wasn’t 6 again
          When you trust your television
          what you get is what you got
          Cause when they own the information
          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Anyone remember that Phantom Siren bloke from about 20 years ago that used to go off early at St Merge games?

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
              Anyone remember that Phantom Siren bloke from about 20 years ago that used to go off early at St Merge games?
              He was so good at that - sat behind me in a couple of games and it was unbelievable how close to the real thing he did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                The clock hadn't run down, nor had the siren sounded. Walker could have played the ball in time. Weird...
                don't know but i think the time that appears on the screen isn't the official time

Comment

Looking forward to half-time hot chocolate!

...also, couldn't risk the Roosters scoring, of course!

Comment

Working...
                  X