Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we played better with Hutch and TKO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we played better with Hutch and TKO?

It occurred to me that TKO heavily reduced ball playing role and Hutch’s option plays, give us more punch then Verrils and Radley

The theory was tested when both were replaced .. ( against Penrith and the sharks )

Thoughts
    Last edited by Monaco's Fan Club; 05-29-2022, 09:42 AM.

Thought hutch looked fitter last night.. idk if that was because we had most of the advantage early on and the front foot or if he just limited his energy to doing the simple but important things and not overdo things. Either way he looked good and was solid with our line speed.

Comment

Hutcho's defence was important last night. He hits hard and wrapped up a bunch of biggies who had put other teams to the sword this season.

People always question him as his style can be a bit vanilla. However, he's a no BS player who you can rely on. Whenever I'm managing a team, that's really all I want... people who I can trust to turn-up and do a solid, consistent job.

Comment

hutch has been good for us for more than a year now. on the fringe of our best 17 but has done the business when picked. went well last night and allowed robbo to play watson at lock for a while which gives us options.
        tauks was very good for us last night and has been good all year.
        but rads will walk back into the team when fit. sammy v probably likewise but he hasn't had the game time over the last few years to really get his teeth into a season and show us what he's got.

Comment

Please, it's Sunday morning.....got a headache working out TKO was Tedesco. :P

Comment

Our makeshift 13 and 9 were good last night, but as soon as Vic and Sam are fit they are straight back in. And we are that much better for it.

Comment

Hutch is an excellent player and great versatility value and keep in mind he doesn’t take up too much of the salary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                Our makeshift 13 and 9 were good last night, but as soon as Vic and Sam are fit they are straight back in. And we are that much better for it.
                They just need to get the combination right with Radley.

Comment

Hutch is our best defensive 9 and we have plenty of spark around him. I would not be surprised to see him play 80 later this year.
                  Originally posted by jism
                  I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

They just need to get the combination right with Radley.
                    Would you then romance the idea of Hutch starting at 9 & Rads at 13. Hutch interchanged with TKO moving Rads to hooker for the middle third..

This allows experienced player in the middle while JWH and Collins rotate with May and Baker

Bringing Hutch back on for the last 15, moving Rads back to hooker

Rads played 5/8 most of his junior career, surely he can play 20 mins at hooker ( with a halftime break )

This also keeps our middle defence intact

This would also allow E Butcher to or a back, to play no. 17

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                      Hutcho's defence was important last night. He hits hard and wrapped up a bunch of biggies who had put other teams to the sword this season.

People always question him as his style can be a bit vanilla. However, he's a no BS player who you can rely on. Whenever I'm managing a team, that's really all I want... people who I can trust to turn-up and do a solid, consistent job.
                      Exactly.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Another week where our defence has capitulated within minutes of Hutch leaving the field. He needs to be our bench utility when Verrills returns.

Comment

Radley just needs to run hard and pop the occasional ball, doesn’t need to try and be a playmaker.

hutch deserves to be considered to be in the team every week, when the team is full strength, hutch and Watson will be fighting for a bench spot.

Comment

The Hutch is getting a cult following! You can feel the effort he puts in to everything he does....especially defence. It's a big advantage to have a player with a big kicking game who can play backrow hooker and halves.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                              The Hutch is getting a cult following! You can feel the effort he puts in to everything he does....especially defence. It's a big advantage to have a player with a big kicking game who can play backrow hooker and halves.
                              That’s where he trumps the others imo. And it’s a pretty good kicking game as well. He’s got a boot on him that’s for sure.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                              X