Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, how is 140 tries even a record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, how is 140 tries even a record?

I know Souffs are garbage and just buy-in players using $$$ from their billionaire backers. However, why does anybody care that a dude's scored like 140 tries? Can't say I give a shyte...

Are we gonna get an announcement every week that the Dolphins score a try because that's a record? Titans are probably in a similar boat too? :P

Same as when Toops breaks mini try scoring record, of course they will mention it.

AJ may even break the all time try scoring record before his career is up, should do it easily actually.

Comment

Love that they wanted to get rid of him.

He’s never even made a break. Couldn’t break wind.

Comment

So if/when Toops breaks Minis record I assume you won’t think it is noteworthy
        When you trust your television
        what you get is what you got
        Cause when they own the information
        they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Can’t say that man. Your just hating on him because he’s a player for the Grubs. 140 tries is a tremendous achievement. If Tupou breaks that achievement you’ll be celebrating

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
            I know Souffs are garbage and just buy-in players using $$$ from their billionaire backers. However, why does anybody care that a dude's scored like 140 tries? Can't say I give a shyte...

Are we gonna get an announcement every week that the Dolphins score a try because that's a record? Titans are probably in a similar boat too? :P
            sounds to me like you do give a shite

Comment

man , what a sour thread, i like aj, seems a good bloke , any club try scoring record is a big deal , esp roosters, souffs , dogs , cause theyve been around so long.

Comment

147 tries at the age of 27 is insane.

the disrespect of the club that they tried to get rid of him

Comment

Its actually 147 tries and AJ is still only 27, its a great effort to break a club record (they have been around for a long time so its a decent record) during a career to do it when you have 5 to 7 seasons to play is incredible.

He will probably go on to break Ken Irvine's record of the most first grade tries of all time and perhaps even bring it closer to 230 and be well out on his own man.

I dont like Souffs as a club but AJ seems a pretty good dude and deserves the accolades.

So when Toops gets our record I will be expecting another great thread.
                  Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

There is plenty of anti-Souths sentiment on this thread and I applaud those involved. Well done ISM.

Alex Johnson is not amongst the top 10 wingers in the competition.

Screw Souths!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      There is plenty of anti-Souths sentiment on this thread and I applaud those involved. Well done ISM.

Alex Johnson is not amongst the top 10 wingers in the competition.

Screw Souths!
                      Cheers mate. I thought I might as well put it out there for a bit of fun

Comment

Even though Rugby League is a team game major individual records are important to recognise. Can't stand that club but what he's achieved for them is no small feat. Without stats you have no history.

Comment

The noticeable thing for me was that when Buddy kicked his 1000th goal, the entire field was invaded by adoring fans and the game was stopped for over 20 minutes. You get a bloke breaking a try scoring record for Souffs and it's only the commentary team getting out the SAOs.
                          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

The late great Ken Irvine who should be an immortal scored 212 tries in 236 games and 70 tries in 63 games in rep footy - Australia/NSW and City First.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Irvine

Comment

Working...
                            X