The Suualii Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Suualii Appreciation Thread

Is this guy a freak or is he a freak? He tackles like a truck and passes like Beetson and he’s aerial jumps are like an AFL player, just unforgettable. And he’s no slouch for hard work unlike a recent player we let go. He can play wing or be slotted at fullback. You could make a newsreel of his awesome catches, tackles and passes he’s made in just a couple of games. What about that tackle that not only forced a drop out but was so hard that the player couldn’t get up, all legal.

Please add your clips or comments as I’m all for showing this guy just how much we fans appreciate his efforts.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

He's very special. I felt that the Sharks gaining the upper hand in the second half coincided with when he had to go off for HIA. His runs out of our end (not to mention bruising defense) had us on the front.

Comment

I like his anger. When he smashed Will Kennedy and forced the knock on, I thought he had claims for a try.

Comment

He is a little younger than Cobbo, he is far behind Cobbo

Comment

The myth has transformed our team as before we only had Toups bringing off our line but now we have a terrific pair to get our sets rolling which helps our forwards and Teddy make easier metres.
          When Roger Fabri rated him the best young athlete he had seen alongside SBW and Haynes we knew we had a special talent.
          Though they haven't quite clicked yet I'm confident with time that his combination with Joey Manu will create opportunities like Gidley and Tamu used to for the knights when they formed a deadly partnership.
          A real competitor who has all the attributes to become a star.

Comment

Makes him one of the youngest players ever selected for NSW, Ikin was qlds youngest at 18 joseph is also 18 and he like Ikin has played not many games, Going to be a superstar this kid hope we can keep him. To put it into perspective Dave Brown captained Easts at 18,NSW at 19 and Australia at 22 hopefully Young Joseph will leave his own legacy on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post
              Far behind? Wow that’s a massive statement. Sorry I don’t agree & actually i think Suaalii is better & will be better. Cobbo looks flashier at the moment but the foundations Suaalii’s building for such a young kid has never been seen before. Usually they’ll lack defense but have great attack where he is mastering the toughest parts of the game so when he eventually opens up in attack he will be the complete total package.

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post

Far behind? Wow that’s a massive statement. Sorry I don’t agree & actually i think Suaalii is better & will be better. Cobbo looks flashier at the moment but the foundations Suaalii’s building for such a young kid has never been seen before. Usually they’ll lack defense but have great attack where he is mastering the toughest parts of the game so when he eventually opens up in attack he will be the complete total package.
                Sualli is something special, he has it all this kid your right hes better than cobbo

Comment

An unforgettable moment for me was his astonishing aerial try. Did he jump higher than Toups or did he jump higher than Toups?
                  “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

What absolute rot
                    When you trust your television
                    what you get is what you got
                    Cause when they own the information
                    they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Disagree, if you look past the highlights Cobbo’s got a lot of downsides to his game.

19 errors in 12 games for Cobbo, the most of any outside back in the NRL so far this season. Defensivley all over the place too.

Loads of potential but I know who I would rather in my side.

Comment

Pass the dutchie seriously mun..
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post

Sualli is something special, he has it all this kid your right hes better than cobbo
                          He's been selected (as has Hynes) but Papenhuyzen hasn't. Massive call IMO. Be interesting to see the reasoning that went into that one... surely he'll have received a call explaining why?

Guessing Suaalii's defence musta played out. Pap can break a line from anywhere and is a crafty kicker but Origin's Origin. I'd say his ability to chop players in half (which would require perfect positioning, reading, timing on top of the physicality) is too good to ignore. MASSIVE compliment though!

Really do wish I could read the game like a pro... I feel like I miss out on heaps by just being a joe blogs spectator.

Comment

Yeah Suaalii - the potential is off the charts. Very classy & composed off the field too....the complete package. He is going to command big bucks next contract

Comment

The influence this kid has already on games is amazing what about his offload to Teddy as he’s falling which led to line break?

He covered Manu’s defensive ****ups on 2 occasions nailing Talakai just brute strength, great physicality, opposing forwards don’t want to be catching the ball when he’s in your face let alone opposing backs.

No doubt Uncle Nick and Robbo will be sealing his future very soon he will command a much bigger paycheque based on what he’s shown he deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                              X