No announcement yet.

The Suualii Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is slowly becoming a favourite player in our household.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He's been selected (as has Hynes) but Papenhuyzen hasn't. Massive call IMO. Be interesting to see the reasoning that went into that one... surely he'll have received a call explaining why?

Guessing Suaalii's defence musta played out. Pap can break a line from anywhere and is a crafty kicker but Origin's Origin. I'd say his ability to chop players in half (which would require perfect positioning, reading, timing on top of the physicality) is too good to ignore. MASSIVE compliment though!

Really do wish I could read the game like a pro... I feel like I miss out on heaps by just being a joe blogs spectator.
      Maybe... just maybe, because Papenhuyzen has done his hamstring and PCL and is out until mid to late June and has been out for the last 4 weeks

Comment

He is going to be a special player and he is coming along fast.
        love him., he looks like 1 of those players who will own the big moments .
        Big ,fast,powerful, agressive, competitive and classy , what a player...
        Last edited by Bondicigar; 05-30-2022, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Pass the dutchie seriously mun..
          I think he's passed it onto ism about 4 weeks ago (when Papenhuyzen did his hammy and knee in the same game) and has been hogging it since.

Yeah Cobbos awesome Joe but so is Suaalii and Suaalii is the more complete player at this stage. Joes been told to do the tough stuff - Robbo knows he has the brilliance and just is educating him to do the hard yards first. Joe is showing us he is more than capable at that and his brilliance is starting to shine through as well. I would if forced to have one or the the other choose Suaalii over Cobbo right now

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
            An unforgettable moment for me was his astonishing aerial try. Did he jump higher than Toups or did he jump higher than Toups?
            personally i reckon that is the highest height any NRL player has jumped to caught a ball. An AFL picture perfect of a catch

Comment

The myth is the story of the year so far. He's killing it.

Comment

So what you're saying is that writing off an 18yr old with half a dozen games under his belt is somewhat jumping the gun?

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post
                  He is a little younger than Cobbo, he is far behind Cobbo
                  Well, Joe hasn’t been charged driving an unregistered vehicle, uninsured vehicle while on a suspended licence. So I guess he’s well behind Cobbo in the d*ckhead stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                    The myth is the story of the year so far. He's killing it.
                    Lol...
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Freddy rates him, he was in the extended Blues squad for a reason.

Comment

I absolutely love the way young Joseph plays the game. The fact that Souffs farked up losing him makes it even sweeter. The kid is an absolute beast and a star.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                          I absolutely love the way young Joseph plays the game. The fact that Souffs farked up losing him makes it even sweeter. The kid is an absolute beast and a star.
                          I think Joseph leaving Souffs not so much them screwing up but more so to do with the scene and people associated with the low club.
                          As it stands it’s all about life betterment since he had the opportunity to go to The Kings School and availing himself to the best and like minded people. As for his selection in origin it’s testimony to his progress not just as a footballer but his switched on mentality. He is a winner.

Comment

Every 2nd FB post be like 'why didn't you pick JAC?!?!? He is the world's best winger!!!'

:P wish they did pick him as we're gonna be down on troops. Guessing Suaalii will get to play for us this week though? (Or will they keep him there for the experience?)

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                              Makes him one of the youngest players ever selected for NSW, Ikin was qlds youngest at 18 joseph is also 18 and he like Ikin has played not many games, Going to be a superstar this kid hope we can keep him. To put it into perspective Dave Brown captained Easts at 18,NSW at 19 and Australia at 22 hopefully Young Joseph will leave his own legacy on the game.
                              You can't count inclusion in the extended squad as "selected for NSW".

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post

I think Joseph leaving Souffs not so much them screwing up but more so to do with the scene and people associated with the low club.
                                As it stands it’s all about life betterment since he had the opportunity to go to The Kings School and availing himself to the best and like minded people. As for his selection in origin it’s testimony to his progress not just as a footballer but his switched on mentality. He is a winner.
                                Exactly right. He want to be in an environment that allows him to become the best he can be. Souffs have cultivated their putrid culture and they must deal with the results. On the other hand the Roosters are a class organisation that will help him all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X