No announcement yet.

The Suualii Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He reminds me a lot of Izzy Folau's build and how he played.
    But I am nervous that he took up a one year option with another year in his favour.
    He will have 15 clubs plus union offering him bucket loads and our cap will be tight with plenty of our younger guys worthy of upgrades (Walker $$$$$, EButch $$, Baker $$) and we have Teddy, Keary, Manu, Rads, Cheese and a few more on decent coin for a few more years.
    I just hope he doesn't have the Izzy about him when it is time to sign a long term contract with us and is patient for when some of our elders retire.

Comment

he's a gun and it will be hard for us to keep him in a couple of years time. having teddy, joey and him in the same team would be having 3 guys who could earn full back money at another club. hope nick's still around when the time comes to negotiate. keary's contract expires in 2024 and he's said that he'll probably retire then so that would free up some money

Comment

I can't read the Telegraph article because it is behind a firewall, but I think it is suggesting that Suaalii will play fullback against Ricky's mob. Mentions giving Rooster fans a "glimpse of the future".

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
          I can't read the Telegraph article because it is behind a firewall, but I think it is suggesting that Suaalii will play fullback against Ricky's mob. Mentions giving Rooster fans a "glimpse of the future".
          Centre, Manu at fullback.

Comment

Future superstar !

Child prodigy !

Teen sensation !

Comment

What is the Myth's role in Origin? He's just there for the camp I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                I hope not.

Is it just me or does anyone else not see JS as a full time fullback?

IMO, I see him as a brilliant centre or winger but I’m not sold on him at the back.

I know it’s just my opinion and there are lot of others who know a lot more and are better judges or maybe just have better crystal balls but I’m just putting it out there.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I hope not.

IMO, I see him as a brilliant centre or winger but I’m not sold on him at the back.

I know it’s just my opinion and there are lot of others who know a lot more and are better judges or maybe just have better crystal balls but I’m just putting it out there.
                  Does anyone know if he has any kind of kicking game? I think he could play a number of positions - wing, centre, fullback. I imagine at some point in his career he will want to play Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

Does anyone know if he has any kind of kicking game? I think he could play a number of positions - wing, centre, fullback. I imagine at some point in his career he will want to play Union.
                    Unsure in his kicking abilities but I agree he could cover a lot of positions. I just reckon he’s a natural on the edges and following in Toups steps, coming in to do some of the heavy lifting with the ball from time to time.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

If we had Another good winger I’d say JS nearly ready to be our left centre. That should be next stage of his Easts career
                      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                        What is the Myth's role in Origin? He's just there for the camp I take it?
                        You’re such a shit stirrer mun..
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I hope not.

Our resident crystal baller has said they are taking a break from here. Even sharing an emotional song to mark the occasion, only to reappear and post two hours later. They are probably working on trying to fix the aforementioned crystal ball from their ivory tower, as it has not been working well lately.

Now in regards to Suaali at fullback Personally I see him as a natural footy player and that he will slot in to that position maybe not overnight but if that is where he was to play long term im sure he would be a hit at it. He is just a natural to my eye
                          Last edited by Andrew Walker; 05-31-2022, 04:41 PM.
                          When you trust your television
                          what you get is what you got
                          Cause when they own the information
                          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                            Future superstar !

Child prodigy !

Teen sensation !
                            And he's a good looking bloke as well.
                            1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                            1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

interesting to compare him to ponga who played on the wing for the cowboys but switched to fullback at the knights when they threw a lot of money at him. we're paying a lot of money for joey manu as a centre so not sure we can afford to also pay a lot for suaalii to do the same for his next contract. if keary goes after 2024 and teddy stays then one of manu or suaalii will probably have to play 5/8

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Our resident crystal baller has said they are taking a break from here. Even sharing an emotional song to mark the occasion, only to reappear and post two hours later. They are probably working on trying to fix the aforementioned crystal ball from their ivory tower, as it has not been working well lately.

Now in regards to Suaali at fullback Personally I see him as a natural footy player and that he will slot in to that position maybe not overnight but if that is where he was to play long term im sure he would be a hit at it. He is just a natural to my eye
                                I agree and I reckon he will go ok at the back as well but I just think he would go better elsewhere. It’s only early days so I could be waaaaaaay off the mark.
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X